Author Topic: Scholarship vs Spirit of God  (Read 237 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Scholarship vs Spirit of God
« on: April 15, 2017, 12:33:17 PM »
This comes from Gregoryahu from Missouri.

Your website at: http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/septuagint.php

I am not impressed with your teaching about "Letter of Ariesteas"
and I tried to find if you are aware of Flavius Josephus (37-100 CE) did explain in his record. Are you sure you are doing right in the eyes of YHWH by your teachings?

Shalom, Gregoryahu

PS: Some of deaf guys informed that there is no such LXX in 250 BCE and I am surprised they are so ignorant people that they realized there is source by Josephus right there. Do you have biblical degree? This is the reason why I am writing to you as red flag and hope you can remove your false witness.

(NOTE BEFORE I BEGIN) Since I know you didn't read the whole article, I know you probably won't read this whole letter, so before I go any further, this is the article for you: http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/greekgame.php I know it's hard, but if you can bring yourself to read the article, there is a quiz to take at the end to test your Greek knowledge; take it, and see for yourself.

I am not impressed with your teaching about "Letter of Ariesteas"
I'm not sure why you think that I care whether you're impressed with it or not; I only care if my Savior is pleased.

and I tried to find if you are aware of Flavius Josephus (37-100 CE) did explain in his record. Are you sure you are doing right in the eyes of YHWH by your teachings?
Haha! Are you serious? Did you try reading the whole thing? It doesn't look good on you when you write the author with complaints before you finish reading the article. When people do that, it means they have a hidden agenda (i.e. some false belief or tradition they're trying to protect), and that also means you're wasting my time.
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. -Pro 18:13

Some of deaf guys informed that there is no such LXX in 250 BCE and I am surprised they are so ignorant people that they realized there is source by Josephus right there. Do you have biblical degree? This is the reason why I am writing to you as red flag and hope you can remove your false witness.
Do I have a Biblical degree? No. So that means it's a red flag that I'm a false witness? I see. Jesus Christ didn't have a biblical degree, and so you believe he's red flagged as a false witness, correct? Are you a man who is consistent, or are you a hypocrite? If you're consistent, then accuse Peter, and accuse Matthew, and accuse Timothy and Barnabas too because none of them had a biblical degree. If you are logically consistent (i.e. single-minded) they are red flagged as false witnesses. Of course, you'll claim that you don't believe that, which will make you an inconsistent double-minded hypocrite, and if that's the case, then I have no interest in speaking to you further unless you repent (i.e. grief and godly sorrow for wrongdoing) because...
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. -Jms 1:8
You are a respecter of persons, which is sin.
But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. -James 2:9
You do not believe in the knowledge granted by the Holy Spirit, and that's because...
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14

Everything you're saying is telling me so far is giving me evidence that you do not have the Spirit of God because you've never repented as one poor in spirit. (See "Is Repentance Part of Salvation")
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
-1Jo 2:27

I just looked you up a bit, and it seems I was right; you chose the side of the worldly scribes, and I know the reason why, but this letter has already wasted too much of my time on someone who will not listen. Of course you'll deny everything I said, but I'll let the Lord Jesus Christ sort that one out in His own timing. If you have no repentance of these things, I'm doubt I'll respond any further because my job is to provide the information, not make people read and understand it. Have a wonderful day.

Here is my solution to your email letter which I recognized that you are very poorly scholar already then cut to the point, thanks for reply. Have a great day,
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarship vs Spirit of God
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »
I still can't make sense of his response at the end. I have no clue what he was trying to say, but I doubt he even read my letter, so yeah... I wasted my time.  :P
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline Tbeas893

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »
lol. Yeah his last response isn't clear at all. It comes off as hypocritical to me that these people will bash you for not having some sort of degree when they themselves can't even write a coherent sentence. I understand it may not be his first language, but if he's going to insult someone, at least do it right lol.

It's weird that his first letter seemed decent grammatically, but his second was just nonsense.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 51: 16-17

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:25:34 PM »
Even the first one had mistakes, and yeah, that was my first thought, too when reading the letter before I read any of the comments -- where does HE get off criticising someone for not being 'scholarly' when he can't write, himself?

Jessica

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »
Chris - you didn't "waste your time" because no human life is a waste. He is a human being created in the image of God and we should feel burdened to pray for this person who is so clearly confused.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »
Having compassion on someone and wasting your time with them are two VERY different things. What you've done is read where I wasted my time with him, and then indirectly accused me of not having compassion on him. I don't appreciate that, but everything's okay; I would just ask that you please consider your definitions in the future.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »
Quote: What you've done is read where I wasted my time with him, and then indirectly accused me of not having compassion on him.

I dont see how Jessica has done that.
I think in a way you are both right. You might have wasted your time, like I did in the other post where you corrected me on the same thing,
   Mat 7:6, Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

but you can never really know that for certain, can you??
Even if your words (OR better : Gods Words that you use) seem to be useless and of non effect, you don't know how they might impact the person later on, along the road, in another moment.

Isa 55:11, So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

I would agree with Jessica that indeed sharing Gods truth and Word is never a waste of time, and also we should all be burdened to pray for those who are lost. It is for them that Jesus came and died.

1Th 5:14, Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

Luke 5:31, And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
    32, I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:25:00 PM by Jeanne »

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 12:15:02 PM »
First of all, Jessica requested to have her accounted deleted in a huff because I requested her to make sure she define her words. But putting that aside...
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18

You can know what is in a person's heart by what they say. Today, in our Bible study group, we just went over the verses that when Jesus had done miracles right in front of these men, they turned around and requested that He give them a sign. Instead of giving them one, He refused and said they were "evil and adulterous." He didn't waste His time with them because He knew that in their hearts, they did not want the truth; they wanted an excuse to not believe in who He is.

When the guy starts out writing me and saying "I'm not impressed..." he's holding his own feelings and his own perceptions as the foundation for how in interprets information, rather than looking to the Word of God. If he wasn't impressed with it, the question is, why did he even bother to write me in the first place? Why not just move on if it was not true?

Instead, he wrote and then also claimed that I didn't provide information that I provided MANY times in the article, which means he didn't read it. If he wouldn't read that, what makes Masha believe that he would read my letter? He hasn't shown the evidence of it, and so for you to believe that I wouldn't waste my time with him would be faith in HIM, but not anything that's based on evidence.

As I've said before, I've only got so much time in the day, and if I used it all up on people who were scoffers, then I wouldn't get any new teachings out. If Jesus Christ spent all his time with the scoffers, He would never have reached the people who wanted to hear. Thus, Jesus Christ didn't waste His time, and I will not either. I can clearly discern who this guy is and what he was really trying to do, and if you, Masha, are saying that you cannot discern that, let me know which parts of his letter you could not discern, and I'll try my best to explain it.

(As a note, I talked with others on this forum and we all remember her saying "compassion" instead of burdened, and it's possible before she left, she edited her post, but I'm not sure.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:24:20 PM by creationliberty »

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 03:23:24 PM »
Well, Chris, it surprised me that you took the time to answer the person in the first place.
I guess my train of thought was: since you did, I wouldn't consider it a waste of time. You wrote that at the end of your message, so the damage of time being spend futile, was already done. But even if he never read it(Or understood it), others have and might have gotten something out of it.

I am also surprised Jessica disappeared like that? And got offended??
  Psa 119:165, Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
I read the post with no mention of compassion in it, so Im sorry if I got it wrong. Could she seriously have altered her post before leaving! Amazing.
Some of you might call me naieve, but I rather continue to be surprised about people's folly than that I consider it normal.

The other posts in reply talking about his lack of correct grammar seem to be rather insignificant to me. The guy for all we know might be fluent in 12 languages just not in English. I'd stay away from remarks like that cuz they really don't add anything. It comes across to me like gossip or even slander.
  Eph 4:31, Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
    Col 3:8, But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
    1Pe 2:1, Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 07:04:14 PM »
Well, Chris, it surprised me that you took the time to answer the person in the first place.
I guess my train of thought was: since you did, I wouldn't consider it a waste of time. You wrote that at the end of your message, so the damage of time being spend futile, was already done. But even if he never read it(Or understood it), others have and might have gotten something out of it.
That's why I post 'em here.  ;)

Offline Hwkmn05

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
  • First Name: John
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 06:29:19 AM »
I do remember "compassion" was in that post, not burdened also. It was obvious to me that Gregory had no interest in debating any of his points, but was clearly on the attack from sentence one, "Im not impressed", "Are you doing whats right", "If you are aware"....Yes, a waste of time if any one of us would have dealt with him.
My red flag warning is always the YHWH sign. Not that all are off base when using that, I have no clue as to why the need, but it seems to follow on this forum, some pretty contentious and whacky comments with that sign.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »
I just looked that up because that seemed really weird to me. I just realized it's highly likely he gave me a fake name. When I typed that "gregoryahu" into a search engine, I immediately got a bunch of Hebrew roots cult stuff, and I saw one site that said it meant "flock of YHWH" -- so if I had known that before he wrote me, I would have gotten rid of it without reading it in the first place.