Author Topic: virgin Mary conception  (Read 4443 times)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
virgin Mary conception
« on: December 09, 2018, 05:29:16 PM »
So on the 8th a few days ago, all the Catholic had a celebration and a feast. I ask what is this for and one said it is the day Mary got pregnant with Jesus. So I went to ask others just to make sure. And they all said the same thing. So I ask them if they truly believe it is the day and they all said yes. So I ask them when was jesus born and all of them said on the 25th. So I scratch my head gave a confused look and ask them how long was Mary pregnant for. They will say something around like, same as how long every woman is pregnant. I could not believe how blind the people were. So I show them something is wrong. I told each I talk to that if Mary was impregnated on the 8th that would make jesus birthday in aug not dec.  I even had to count it out for them. Even the born again Christians who were once catholic never even thought about it. So if it is how the Catholic clams then Mary must be only pregnant for 18 days or 11 months 2 weeks pregnant.

I do not know if Chris put that into his articles on the Catholic one, since it has no pdf to down load. This is do to what I have to do to get internet here.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: virgin Mary conception
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 07:32:40 PM »
 ???
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 03:35:47 AM »
Sorry what I met is you may have already put the Mary conception tradition in your catholic article. But on your catholic article there is no download for the pdf. So I need to stay online to read it, but to be online I have to put the wifi up in a tree on a hill. And once sun start to rise, I just can't see words on screen on tablet. I am working on how I been talking on here. I am now going to reread what I type and think on what I am saying.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:50:24 AM »
No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't set a bad example for others by just putting in an emote. I'm just so dumbfounded at the lack of ability to do basic math concerning their beliefs, I couldn't figure out what to say.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »
I wonder if all Catholics believe this or if it's just there. I never heard of this before. And by the way, according to what they are saying, Mary would have been pregnant for over a year, so it would be 12 months and 17 days.

I'm with Chris; this is just so absolutely stupid, it's mind boggling. How can anyone not see that a woman who gets pregnant in any particular month is not going to give birth in that same month?

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 12:08:57 PM »
Chris, I totally get why you used an emoji!  Mine would have been  :o

That is got to be one of the craziest things I have ever heard!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 07:19:34 PM »
This is 1 out of many things that will make you shake your head. I have not post some ofriends the other things because I just would not know what to say or how to begin to explain what I am seeing. Some of it I just have to laugh because it will make you cry. And there are some things so out there you just wont believe me unless you see it. Like the hole womans heart in a glass box from one of there saints. 10s of thousands came to take a cloth wipe it on it then rub the rag on their face. This was a few weeks ago when the heart in a box came. And don't get me started on there virgin Mary brest milk. But there is good news there are a few catholic here now beginning to see how pointless this all is. I lost track on how many holidays they have but when I walk by there homes they tell me they stay home did not go to festival. So baby steps.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 11:55:16 PM »
Billy, what is the education level of most of the people where you live? It just seems to me that it would be much easier to fool an illiterate and ignorant population than one that is generally well-educated. Some of the things you've mentioned seem to be unique to your area, though I could be wrong about that.

Catholics seem to have different observances in different parts of the world, and I think this is due to the fact that they just incorporate local superstitions and pagan practices. Since the Catholic Church is pagan anyway, it would seem logical for them to do this. What easier way to get people to join them than to let them continue doing what they've always done?

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 12:06:20 PM »
Billy, what is the education level of most of the people where you live? It just seems to me that it would be much easier to fool an illiterate and ignorant population than one that is generally well-educated. Some of the things you've mentioned seem to be unique to your area, though I could be wrong about that.

Again, I am open to correction, but don't the educated get puffed up with pride and won't receive the truth? I know that fools will go with whatever is told to them, but I think this is all just a matter of people who are not wanting to change their hearts rather than educated or uneducated.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »

Again, I am open to correction, but don't the educated get puffed up with pride and won't receive the truth? I know that fools will go with whatever is told to them, but I think this is all just a matter of people who are not wanting to change their hearts rather than educated or uneducated.

I always see it that a truly educated person is one who can have excellence in their field of work but also have excellence in their understanding and obedience to the Word of God.  This is where most "educated" people fall down.  Paul and all of the other apostles etc were educators and were attempting to get education out there to the masses so that they might be saved. 

Those who are truly educated spend eternity with God and those who failed to heed the warnings and refuse education and correction spend eternity in Hell.

I made some ground here with a guy who has a Ph.D. in biochemistry.  At a social get together after work I got in to a discussion with him about "evolution" and all of the things I brought up made him comment that he has never thought about those things before and he now has quite an understanding of why "evolution" is impossible.  I have left him to think a lot of things over.  I hope he is a thinker and this continues to bug him. Those who are "educated" are no where near as educated as people think they are.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 04:50:13 PM »
I brought up the education level specifically for the Virgin Mary conception idea. It just seemed completely illogical to me that an educated person would not be able to do simple math for a term of pregnancy.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 05:17:25 PM »
School here are just about same as Americans. But when we took God out of school they put catholic in the school. So what I think is going on is they teach them all the Catholic doctrine since childhood and with no one around to question them on what they believe, they can't see the errors. The school goes up to 12th grade. They are good with math just no one ever point it out. A lot of kids just can't afford to go to school even though it is free. Need school uniform and transportation. And I won't help them go to such a school.

I can see the Catholic Church for what it is since I been here then since I studied it in America. You guys are right it is exactly why the Catholic temple did.  They come, take over, take all wealth and them take there religion tradition and slap that Jesus sticker on it. Most of the time they can't tell me what the tradition is or why they keep it. When you ask a (preast) they all of a sudden have something they need to do and leave.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 07:33:00 PM »
I brought up the education level specifically for the Virgin Mary conception idea. It just seemed completely illogical to me that an educated person would not be able to do simple math for a term of pregnancy.

Evolution is for those who can neither do simple chemistry nor simple maths.  It was the simple maths that shocked the guy I mentioned.  My apology though for bringing up another incidence of the same.  :-X
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)