Author Topic: (DISCUSSION) #007 Got Milk?  (Read 464 times)

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: (DISCUSSION) #007 Got Milk?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
Hi Masha

Thanks for the posting about the protein and carbohydrate digestion, but sadly it is totally incorrect.  The author of the book you mentioned quite obviously knows very little about biochemistry or nutrition.  No embarrassment on your part as without doing more in depth reading on the subject it can be easy to take information at its face value. 

It is quite normal that we consume proteins and carbohydrates together as most of our foods have both.  Some typical examples would be

> Bread
Flour contains both wheat starches (carbohydrate) and gliadin/gluten (protein)

> Milk
Milk has milk sugar i.e. lactose (carbohydrate composed of a disaccharide of glucose & galactose) and casein and albumin and quite a few other proteins.

> Peas
Peas contain both pea starches (carbohydrate) and legumin and vicilin (protein)

and many others.

One of the purposes of the acid in our stomach (besides breaking down food) is to make an environment that kills off a lot of bacteria that we eat with our food and is a protection for us.  Some non-beneficial bacteria can survive through that acid and so get passed along to our intestines along with the food and cause infections e.g. shigella, campylobacter, salmonella etc.  Often these bacterial infections are called "food poisoning" which is a complete misnomer as they are not toxic compounds taken in but rather an active infection by live bacteria.  True food poisoning is caused by the "toxic" compounds produced by bacteria such as clostridia, staphylococcus, bacillus etc etc.  Either way, your life is a sac of misery until you get over it.

I hope this was interesting.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »
Thanks, Kevin. I knew what Masha posted didn't sound right to me, but I couldn't be bothered to research it right then. But the first thing I thought was, 'hang on, aren't meat and dairy BOTH proteins?' I forgot about milk containing carbohydrates, too.

Jessica

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 12:15:05 AM »
Kevin- I know so many people who struggle with food allergies and intolerances, my doctor told me its almost epidemic. I myself have to be strictly on a dairy free and gluten free diet or I break out in rashes all over my legs and have breathing difficulties. You have no idea how many foods have gluten and dairy, it's in everything! Ive heard that GMO wheat is causing these allergies and intolerances to gluten and after watching a documentary about Monsanto and GMOs, I believe it. Maybe that one wheat bread you can eat is non-GMO? Maybe the article you mentioned talks about that, I will check it out.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 03:36:55 AM »
Thanks for that Jessica

It was selective breeding that brought about the strains of wheat that were disease resistant due to their lectin content as GMO technology was not around in those days.  New Zealand where I live also has a strict ruling against GMO crops and there is not allowed to be any GMO plants grown in this country. 

I got talking to a guy at work yesterday and I found out his wife suffers from exactly the same condition I have and all of the same things set it off.  Whereas I have totally cut lots of things out of my diet, his wife still eats some of those things and takes anti-histamine tablets to overcome the problem.  There's no way I would like to be popping tablets like that.

With the bread it might even be the yeast and the way that is manufactured that could be the problem, but it quite likely just a different type of wheat or it might not even be the wheat at all but some of the other grain types in the bread.  I'm just really pleased there is at least one brand of bread I can still eat.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 04:25:12 AM »
Thanks Kevin for making tha clear!!
I read the book a long time ago, and have been through a lot after that. Ive been on many diets (dairy free, etc), but they Always had to do with the medical troubles I was in. Now that I am doing well I can really eat anything. We try to eat a minimum of sugar, give the children mainly biological food and we eat a lot (A lot!)of veggies and fruit. None of us have any allergies. But we also do not vaccinate our children and try to treat them with herbal remedies rahter than chemical medicines.
I am 100% sure the gmo manipulated products have a huge impact on our bodies, i even read articles that claim thet alter our dna.

And ,.. uh,.. Kevin, since you know a lot: One of my children struggles with an earinfection. We live in a cold country with a lot of wind and it Always popps up around this time in season. Other than salt-solution (up the nose) and cut onions next to the bed I dont know how to treat it. Do you have any tips??

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »
 I don't want to show up, but many times your infections are fueled with antibiotics. Get your children on a good probiotic and yogurt regularly. That will go a long way. Trying to avoid other dairy products as this causes the body to build up  and the sinuses.   Get a essential oil for pain to put around the ears such As owie oil or cool azul cream.  Also make sure they get plenty of vitamin C to build the immune system.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Jessica

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 10:30:22 AM »
Masha, have you tried xylitol ear drops? I think XClear is the brand we use. I have seen good results, although my kids don't get that many ear infections. But I have a friend who uses it regularly on three kids and highly recommends it for chronic ear infections.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »
One of my children struggles with an earinfection. ...   ... Do you have any tips??

No I don't sorry Masha.  Good to see some others have posted remedies and if those work then you're on to a good thing.  Your post has sparked my interest to do some reading on the subject.

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
Jessica's suggestion is excellent!
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline Eagle

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Brian
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:01 AM »
 :)I real this chat on Milk. Lev 20:24 But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land. and i will gave it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: i am the lord your God, which have separated you other people.
hi i live in NJ there is a way to get raw milk my friend did it throw a Pennsylvanian Amish farm. you join a club or coop that's private.
Chris what you said it is expensive about $ 7 a gallon. There are about 51,000 Amish people living in indian. so can get raw milk  in your sate.
also ice cream,sour cream, Cottage cheese & fine Meats. I also like shoe fly pie. it's also good a cold glass of milk. 

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 10:26:36 AM »
I just ran across this article that goes along with what has been discussed here. Pasteurised milk actually CAUSES osteoporosis!

http://realfarmacy.com/100000-person-study-reveals-pasteurized-milk-people-drink-likely-die/

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2017, 06:22:24 PM »
Thanks for posting that Jeanne

Pasteurized Dairy Destroys Your Bones From the Inside
http://realfarmacy.com/100000-person-study-reveals-pasteurized-milk-people-drink-likely-die/

Quote:
... In fact, this fairy tale of “milk doing a body good” is being exposed more frequently by many independent scientists and researchers who have had just about enough of the propaganda. ...

I think I might have written one other time too that drinking milk was not good for bones contrary to what is pushed by the media all the time.  I think I mentioned that people need to eat green leafy vegetables and vegetables like brocolli that are packed with calcium that is available to the body.  Cows produce lots of milk but of course they don't drink milk to get the calcium  ...   they eat grass.

I especially take note of stuff like this because I quite often work in with the mastitis group which works on natural remedies for treating mastitis in cows.  Milk products are a major export money earner for New Zealand but it has even been in the newspapers here that milk causes osteoporosis, especially in the elderly.  The article even commented that if the Chinese find out it will cause a serious economic problem for New Zealand and it was written right out there in the open for the Chinese to see.  Surely they must know of the problem in China, but they seem to be buying more and more milk products from us.