Author Topic: Hello (WOG aka Jeff Thread)  (Read 12960 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hello (WOG aka Jeff Thread)
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2020, 08:47:15 AM »
Philosophically, what you said is fair, but I would just be cautious of accusing William of false doctrine if he did not say anything directly wrong in doctrine. The only problem in doctrine that he presented during his tantrum on this issue was that he is emphasizing "unity," but calling it "peace," and then quoting Scripture about peace when it's really a sleight-of-hand tactic he used that new Christians likely will not catch, meaning that he will fool them into believing he has a Biblical foundation for his argument, and I am still assessing whether or not I believe he is doing it inadvertently, or on purpose. (Though, due to his pride, I'm leaning towards "on purpose.")

Peace and unity are not necessarily the same thing, as is provable by Scripture. (See The Biblical Understanding of Sanctification) Based on William's choice of words (and the context by which he uses them, which is something I have to emphasize since he does not appear to understand that basic concept and will not humble himself to understand it), he is presenting an attitude of "let's ignore the truth and have everyone get along" instead of putting the truth first, and then presenting the opportunity for everyone involved to adhere to the truth, thereby becoming of like-mind, which is how peace is made; however, when one party refuses to acknowledge the truth (2Ti 2:25), and starts railing and murmuring, then departing from one another another is how peace is made. (Acts 15:39-40)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2020, 09:36:41 AM »
What you just said is also exactly the same problem we had with Masha and Joop. They were both more interested in everyone getting along than in hearing the truth and they both had problems with you rebuking other people (not to mention having you rebuke them). William has lost much of his credibility here, which I guess is why I wouldn't trust him to preach the gospel. If he can't understand the basic doctrines of repentance and sanctification, then what is he teaching others?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2020, 11:39:20 AM »
Well, I suppose you might have a point. I mean, it got me to think: Has Will ever claimed to understand the doctrine of repentance and faith, and is that what he teaches? Hmm... I don't know that I cannot remember anything specific. I presumed that was the case, that he understands godly sorrow and all that, but perhaps he doesn't.

I went back to Will's original introduction post, and interestingly enough, he doesn't mention anything about it:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=432.0#msg3103
Hmm. Now I am starting to see why he is so quick to defend Jeff. So, I think I would start having the same questions for Will that I have for Jeff. It's also interesting to note that I had to censor personal information for Will when he first joined too, except that Will did not respond with an attitude of strife that Jeff did. So Jeanne, that's why I said from a philosophical standpoint, you were right, but I just don't want to accuse him of teaching false doctrine until he actually teaches false doctrine. (I mean, he has taught false doctrine on this forum in the past, but just not yet in this instance; if he keeps quoting Scripture and speaking, he will reveal his true beliefs, it won't take long.)

I was doing some more cleaning house on Facebook this morning, and I think I have finally got my "friend" list mostly cleaned out, since I've had so many people "friend" me who are completely given over to the world. There was one account I ran into that, under normal circumstances, I would have removed from my friends list because of what was being posted (and due to the lack of anything about the Word of God), but I kept this person on the list just in case due to the current situation on this thread, and that person happened to be William. I am pretty certain this is him (both accounts are from the same city in Kansas with the same first and last name, which, by the way, I thought he was in Florida for some reason, so I apologize that I got that part wrong in a previous post), and if I am wrong about this being his FB profile, I very much apologize:
https://www.facebook.com/will.cullum.7

Please notice that almost all of his posts are political. For someone who professes to be a Christian evangelist (as he has expressed to me many times that he preaches to the homeless and prisoners), that's kinda' odd don't you think? Why would his evangelism and the Scripture NOT be front and center in his posts? I'm not saying that no Christian can post anything political, don't misunderstand, but the problem is that political things are almost entirely what William posts.

His "About" page has mostly nothing, so there isn't anything else to draw on. However, in December of 2019 alone, he made 12 posts. Of those, 11 are political. One of them was about fossils and evolutionism, or something to do with that; that was the odd one out. Nothing about Scripture, nothing about his evangelistic works, just stuff about media, environmentalism, etc. And to me, I find that very strange.

Ask yourselves this: You know that I do Bible teachings every week and I'm writing and studying in Scripture throughout the week; if I were to have nothing on my profile except worldly things, would you all not find that a little strange? Based on the evidence, it seems that William acts one way normally, but then tries to change his normal demeanor and speech when around those who are born again in Christ.

Of those 12 posts, he quoted two people. One was from Thomas Jefferson, who is man that did not believe in the miracles of the Bible, nor in the divinity of Jesus, but lacking discernment, William thinks that Jefferson's so-called "wisdom" is good for consumption, which is why he published it.
For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
-1Co 1:17

The second was from Frederic Bastiat, a Freemason who denied the Lord Jesus Christ, and again, William thinks his so-called "wisdom" is good for consumption.

I went back through the entire year of posts on his profile for 2019, and there is not one verse of Scripture, there is no discussion of doctrine, there is no promotion of evangelism; NOTHING concerning Christ. It's all political stuff, and so on the one hand, Will comes here and deceives everyone by telling this story to make himself look good:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=941.msg7804#msg7804
Reading that, I decided to be charitable and take him at his word, but when I first read that, in the back of mind, I questioned whether or not that was even true. I could not put my finger on why something was wrong, but I ignored it and just went with it. Now that I can see other things that Will says and does, it helps me understand why I was seeing a problem, especially when we consider two important points:
1. Will almost never posts on this forum, and yet...
2. Will posted that the day before he sent me his original complaint against myself and Tim.
I don't believe that was a coincidence.

There are many more things I could point out about Will's profile that was very strange, but just to compare, here's Kenneth's FB profile:
https://www.facebook.com/kenneth.winslow.14

You'll see that Kenneth published a lot of stuff on street preaching, he has Scripture, and all that stuff, right? In another example, here's Tim's profile:
https://www.facebook.com/tim.beasley.756

Tim hasn't posted anything on FB in four years, but even his looks more Biblically solid than Will's, and you can tell Tim has a lot more emphasis put on the Word of God.

The purpose of me pointing this out is that what a man speaks shows his heart. We can only see what things that Will has told us, and so I am going by what I am seeing in his words and doctrine. However, when I look at more evidence outside of that, it verifies that my discernment about his words and doctrine is correct because what he is saying and doing in other places is reflective of the pride and lack of understanding I see in his words here.

And so far, Will likes to say that he "doesn't understand" these things. But now with more evidence, I think I'm starting to figure out why that is the case:
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:30:51 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

WillCullum

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: William
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2020, 09:31:16 AM »
I want to make the beginning part of the conversation between Chris and I available, because I be quoting it later.

When I started this conversation I never intended to condone all of Jeff's behavior, but rather to hopefully illustrate there was a simple miscommunication that got out of hand.  I believe the full conversation reveals this as true.  I'm still working on the rest of my answer.  However, I wanted to accomplish this step before dedicating a lot of resources to an answer that I wouldn't be able to post.

My current edification number is at 1

Below you will find an exchange between Timothy and I that made it possible for me to post this.  Thank you Timothy on the tip about using Notepad, it is a helpful tip.

Attached is a zip folder with two Word documents (compilation of the exchange between Chris and I)

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 6:17 AM Will Cullum wrote:
Just a quick question:
Do you expect me to answer all that Chis has charged? It's a lot to write and it will take a long time.  So if I put in the time and you don't like the answer will I even be able to post it?  Chris wanted to have our discussion open to the public then takes my ability to post away.  Talk about an unfair advantage.  If you want me to agree to only address the topic of Jeff's intro I can do that.
To be clear "There is no reply button again"

On Sunday, January 5, 2020, 7:15:16 AM CST, Timothy wrote:
No. You don't have to answer everything in one post, but I would ask that you try to do as much as you can in as few posts as possible. Chris took the time to answer your emails one at a time and you can make yours all one post. The best thing to do is write it all in notepad and copy and paste it on the forum when you are ready so that you aren't timed out and lose all your progress. You can spend that time posting it to add underlines, bold, etc. if you have all your answer typed out already. Don't use things like Microsoft Word. Just use notepad because MS Word has characters that the forum does not recognize and will cut off your post.
I never said I needed to know what you are posting before you post it. So I can't not like it before you post it to keep you from posting it. If you can't post it, like I said I will do what I can to make sure that you can reply. Are you ready to post your answer? If not, let me know when you are ready.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 7:58 AM Will Cullum wrote:
I would like to make the the entire conversation available to the group as it occurred.  I have compiled the conversation onto 2 word documents that could be attached to a post. If permitted I could get that done now.  I'll attach them so you'll know what I'm talking about.

On Sunday, January 5, 2020, 8:00 AM CST, Timothy wrote:
Yes, you can do that. I
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2020, 02:05:03 PM »
My patience keeps wearing thinner because you just wasted our time again. I was surprised Tim didn't already ban you because you were supposed to write a response, not republish what has already been published.

Tim is being very patient with you to give you another chance here. For someone (like you Will) who claims he has very little computer time (which I don't believe anymore), it's amazing how much time you are dedicated to waste.

It should be noted that everyone here is capable of reading. We do not need to know what your "edification number" is, and we do not care. It's dropping because you're deceiving everyone and wasting our time, and you care so little about being right with the Lord Jesus Christ, and you care so much for the things of this world, your main concern is a stupid little number on the side of your posts; that's how vain you are in your heart. It shows also in your other social media accounts where your focus is on media conspiracies, environmentalism, the wisdom of men, and other like things; meaning that the evidence all keeps pointing to you loving the things of this world.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
-1Jo 2:15

Every post you make is only revealing these facts more; it's not helping you at all. I went back to your original testimony in your first introduction post, where you uploaded an attachment.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=432.msg7928#msg7928
I guess that I did not catch it back then (perhaps I did not see it), but there was no testimony of repentance at all. I wish I had caught it back then because (as Jeff did not understand) it may have saved us a lot of hassle with you. There is no testimony of the godly sorrow of wrongdoing in your writing; in short, your testimony is two things:

1. You said some sinner's prayer and got baptized when you were 5 or 6 years old.
2. In 2014, you ended your Netflix account to start reading the Bible.

I don't know where you thought you were converted unto Christ, but that is not a testimony of conversion and salvation. If anyone reading this wants to see a real testimony of conversion and salvation, there's a new member who just joined; read his testimony:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=959.msg7913#msg7913

Understanding these things, it's now starting to make sense why you are defending Jeff so fervently, because not only have you done the same things as Jeff, but you are not repentant either, and you refuse correction. More evidence of this is seen in the recent, and somewhat ridiculous, "short stories" you posted to try to butter people up and fool them into believing you're doing some real evangelism.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=432.msg7928#msg7928

These short stories have NOTHING whatsoever to do with Bible doctrine or the Lord Jesus Christ. One of them is about getting a dog, another was about deer hunting, and another was about meeting Kent Hovind. Our church was talking about those "short stories" this morning, and we were completely baffled as to why you even posted these, let alone why you sent them to these "political prisoners" you mentioned. We have people in our church who actually do evangelism in prisons, meaning that they are there and interact with them face-to-face, and so if you thought you were going to fool someone with a document like this to try and paint a better outward appearance of yourself, you were sorely mistaken.

In the past three weeks, just by your writing and posting these things, I have gone from cautiously taking you at your word, to now not trusting almost anything you say. Confession of the truth is the only way to solve that problem, and I have little confidence that you will do so, due to the fact that you keep making things worse by hiding your prideful heart behind vain and swelling words of vanity.

For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
-2Pe 2:18

Personally, I believe you should depart and leave us in peace, but I will submit to Tim's patience on this for the time being.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2020, 03:14:02 PM »
The only reason I haven't banned him now is because his post was cut off and so he might have had more to say. I emailed him earlier but he has not answered back so I can only assume this is all he had and like I had said to him before, If he isn't going to post an answer I will ban him.

We've given him plenty of time and we're getting nowhere fast. And like Chris pointed out here, his 'short stories' post is ridiculous. I was the one that brought that up before the church this morning because of how appalled I was to see what William's "ministry" really was. Writing letters to prison inmates about how he found a dog and how he raises farm animals is not teaching them doctrine and it definitely does not bring them the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that they can be saved. The fact that William has no shame in calling that a 'ministry' is what really disgusts me.

Bottom line, William did not do as I had asked so I will keep my word and ban him. I allowed him to post this because I thought he was actually going to, at least, attempt to give part of an answer in his attachments. Even if he still had more to post later, I was going to let him do that. But these attachments are nothing more than a copy of the email conversation that Chris posted already. William did not post an answer and he wasted more time, so I'll make this super easy as I had said I would do.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2020, 05:54:37 PM »
Okay, like I said, I was leaving it to your decision. I'm blocking his email address too because I've had enough of his drama (from both him and Jeff), and I've got a lot of work to do, so I'm going to get back to it.

I'm glad to finally be back to the peace we had before this started, and can continue in Biblical discussion together.