Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 6984 times)

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -12
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Larry
  • Belief: Christian
Introduction
« on: October 30, 2019, 01:31:50 PM »
Hello  I will attempt to introduce myself. I am a Christian, but I much prefer using to description of an disciple  of Jesus Christ Luke 9:23-26. I came to faith over 50 years ago. I have been in the study of God's word KJV for most of it. After going though the teaching about the different Bible versions I deleted many other translations from my Bible study software. I just finished listening to the explanation on voting and I am in complete agreement. I currently reside in Arizona. Last year I was needed back in my home state so I moved there and the State of Arizona canceled my voter registration.  I moved back to Arizona back in April. I have not, and now will register to vote. I find the only thing that came from my registration was I from time to time been asked to serve on a jury.  I do not have issues doing so, except most lawyers do not like me, because I choose to judge righteously, not by some unjust court rules that tell me to ignore the facts. To that end I tell them upfront that that is how I will do it, and they quickly dismiss me. One thing I do differently is when a topic is being discussed I follow what is written in the Bible.  This many times irritates people who claim to be Christian when they say something unbiblical, I quote what the Bible says word for word.  I am 59 years of age.  I am currently in widower status.  I lost my wife almost 5 years ago to cancer. I am going to put the following in bold as I want to emphasis something Please do not send me messages saying "I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS" My wife died 1-2-2015, since then I have began to hate that phrase. This is because after a while I could tell it was only a knee jerk reaction, because they quickly changed the subject. Lastly if you know someone who has lost a loved one, the best you can do is to say nothing and give them a hug. I guarantee it will be well received. I have not looked at the sites teaching on the subject yet, but I think it would confirm the research I have done on cancer since my wife died.  Since I am done grieving for my late wife I am open to women that are virtuous, not one who have a Jezebel spirit.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 05:30:04 PM »
Hi Larry,

You mention that you came to faith in Christ over 50 years ago. That would have been when you were 9 years old, correct? Yet I didn't see you mention anything about repentance. I don't know if you saw this teaching or not on that subject:

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/repent.php

or the book that came out about a month or so ago titled Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/whymillions.php

I would suggest reading both to be certain you truly are of Christ. I'm not suggesting you're not; I'm just saying you have not shown evidence of that yet.

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 09:21:01 AM »
I am still going through your site. As for repentance I repented and became disciple of Jesus Christ in 1967. which would make me believing in Jesus Christ at age 7. As I grew in my faith I have had many times to repent as I discovered things in the Bible that were not correct, in my life. There are two passages I key on as I continue to grow as a disciple.  (Luke 9:23 KJVA)  And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
(Luke 9:24 KJVA)  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
(Luke 9:25 KJVA)  For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
(Luke 9:26 KJVA)  For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

AND..(Psalms 101:1 KJVA)  A Psalm of David. I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
(Psalms 101:2 KJVA)  I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
(Psalms 101:3 KJVA)  I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
(Psalms 101:4 KJVA)  A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.

I live the above everyday.  It is hard for me to find anyone who understand and live the above. Examples of the above is after my wife died I had 2 TV sets I got rid of both and have not missed them at all. As for denying myself and taking up the cross and following Jesus. I have lost many friends and family because I choose to do this. For example Halloween just got over; I preached to many about how evil it is, yet many people who claim to be believers continue to engage in this practice. One thing I have noted is that when it comes to the churches most preach the gospel, yet fall short in some way.  The Bible teaches to examine yourself which I do everyday. (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJVA)  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
(2 Corinthians 13:6 KJVA)  But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
(2 Corinthians 13:7 KJVA)  Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
(2 Corinthians 13:8 KJVA)  For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

I will also say this that I have been listening on this site and it is according to the Bible it is (my estimate) 98% spot on.  I have noted that there are some things Chris says that are not 100% spot on, which I will address later. I do know that none of us can get it 100% while living on this earth.  (1 Corinthians 13:9 KJVA)  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
(1 Corinthians 13:10 KJVA)  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
(1 Corinthians 13:11 KJVA)  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
(1 Corinthians 13:12 KJVA)  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
(1 Corinthians 13:13 KJVA)  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 08:32:11 AM »
I think it is interesting that when you responded to Jeanne about repentance, you started talking about works. What is it you believe repentance is? How do you define it? I just want to understand what exactly you mean when you say you repented at age 7.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 11:33:15 PM »
I will also say this that I have been listening on this site and it is according to the Bible it is (my estimate) 98% spot on.  I have noted that there are some things Chris says that are not 100% spot on, which I will address later.
That's the problem. You were not motivated to come here because of the 98%, but rather, you were motivated to come here because of the 2%, which means you came here to argue or assert things, rather than have discussion.

Furthermore, your statement was very arrogant, and I don't think most anyone here caught what you said. You see, if you and I agree on 98% of everything, and you are here to correct the 2%, then that means you believe that not only do you have that 98% correct, but you also presume to have the 2% correct, despite the fact that you said: "I do know that none of us can get it 100% while living on this earth." That's a contradiction, because if you believe you have the 2% right that I do not have right, then you have to first believe that you are 100% correct, which only shows that your heart is not right yet.
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
-Pro 21:2

Now, of course, you will say that you do not believe that you are 100% correct, because that would obviously sound arrogant and presumptuous, but it does not matter what you claim because your words have already found you out.
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18

I'm with Tim; I'm curious about your definition of repentance.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 04:43:18 PM »
He started rage posting a bit today after I said these things, which is what I suspected he would do. He's already beginning the passive-aggressive (i.e. murmuring) back-handed slaps against me. I didn't know if he was going to answer our concerns or not, but after seeing the posts he has already made before this point, it does not seem like he will. Based on his posting history, I did not expect him to respond in humility. We'll just have to keep an eye on him because we have seen this pattern before; if the mods could help me do that, I appreciate it. I know we shouldn't have to do that with a 60-year-old man, but let's keep things peaceful here.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 11:10:05 AM »
I will try to express better what I mean. When I repented at age 7 I understood with what limited understanding I had at that time that I am a sinner. The preacher was one of the type I never see any more "hellfire and damnation" for those who fail to believe in Jesus Christ. Did this believing make me prefect? Far from it. Today I am still working out my salvation (Philippians 2:12 KJV)  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.(Philippians 2:13 KJV)  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I have had a hard life, that is for some reason things have happened that I do not understand. eg. My father died when I was three from injuries from a fire at work. My mother did the best she could, but squandered the money she got that was saved for my college education (it was gone by the time I was 11) I never had an allowance as a kid, if I wanted something I had to find a way to earn it. Sometimes even when I earned something I was not paid or given the prize I had worked for. eg A pastor made a challenge that if I were to read the Bible from cover to cover within a year he would take me camping ( I did read the Bible though that year 2 times).  He failed to keep his promise. When people challenge me that I can not do something because of my disadvantages, I do it anyway. eg In high school I set two records in football , and basketball that are still records today 40+ years later. I worked my way though college, I earned my degree with honors.  At the same time I had a disabled wife and two disabled children. After 24 years of marriage ( could have left after 3, because of the unfaithfulness of my wife, (Ecclesiastes 5:4 KJV)  When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
(Ecclesiastes 5:5 KJV)  Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
 ) I was divorced by my wife. I later found another woman who was much more Godly than the first one.  However 5 years ago she died. I could write more details, but this should be enough.   The only thing I know that God is using it to prefect me. (Romans 12:1 KJV)  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
(Romans 12:2 KJV)  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
(Romans 8:27 KJV)  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(Romans 8:28 KJV)  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
I know at times I can be a bit rough, I think it comes from my life experience. Mainly due to the pastor and my first wife I have come to despise liars.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »
No answer for Tim's questions. You never responded to Jeanne's concerns, nor mine. Why are you here? Why did you join in the first place? Typically, a lot of others will come on and welcome someone, but they tend to post nothing if they are suspicious, and it looks like a lot of other members on the forum are suspicious of you Larry. Mostly what you did is just rewrite the same thing you originally posted, and ignored our concerns. I'm not going to force anyone to answer any question, don't misunderstand, but if you think you're going to come here and try to teach doctrine to other people, but you can't be bothered to answer a few basic questions about the doctrine you claim to believe, then you came to the wrong place.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:37:08 PM by creationliberty »

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 10:58:48 PM »
I agree with Chris.

Larry, saying "I repented" and giving a short autobiography of yourself does not define a word. I should not have to explain this. The question I asked is simple. What do you say repentance is defined as? If you don't know (which I suspect you don't) then just say so. Also, I don't care for your links to other sites. I want to know what you think repentance is, not someone else.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 10:52:37 AM »
He hasn't logged back in since his last post; it's been a few days. I'll give him a few more days, but if he does not show back up within the week and start giving us some straight answers, I'm probably going to just ban him. He's already broken multiple forum rules, including murmuring and railing accusations in other posts, and he has not answered for that.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 05:30:05 PM »
So, it turns out that I got a letter in the mail from Larry, which was dated Nov 7th. I did not get the letter until today (Nov 22). In his letter, it seems he took a lot more time to explain himself, but it's almost exactly the same thing he wrote here on the forum, and it's mostly a combination of all the posts he has made since he got here.

Based on the numbers I have here, he is 59 years old, claims he came to repentance and faith in Christ at age seven, but he never defines what he means by the word 'repent'. He comments that he hasn't been through a lot of my teachings yet, but that the only one he had concerns about was the teaching I had on the Godhead, and my use of the word 'person', and I don't think he knew that I have been working on renovating that teaching for almost a month now, which was before he even joined the forum, which I believe was (Oct 30th). I hope he'll take a look at it when I'm done because I'm already a lot more satisfied with the new teaching I'm working on.

So far, we have all given him every opportunity to explain himself, as this has been going for almost a month now. I think we've been very patient with him, but then it's starting to appear that he hates the fact that we're questioning him, as he made a post, which said:
"I have noted that Chris teaches well, but rails on people (condemning them to hell) but he does not know their hearts. He also condemns doctrines like universalism yet there is not a study that backs up that claim. I can post biblical evidence of that doctrine, but it will most likely get me banned."
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=917.msg7534#msg7534

First of all, I don't believe that Larry understands what "railing" means because, for example, if someone claims they have salvation without repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing), it means they claim to have been saved without first being humbled by God. God has already made it clear that He will NOT save the proud of heart:
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
-James 4:6
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-Luke 13:3

So to conclude that such a man is not of Christ is not railing; that is simply stating a fact, or as the Bible says, speaking the truth and preaching the doctrine of Christ. Railing is to speak against someone with a scoffing and contentious attitude, and if Larry claims I have done that, then he needs to provide evidence of it. If he refuses to provide evidence of it, but still insists it is true, then that's called a false and railing accusation, which would make Larry guilty of lying, and guilty of the very thing he's accusing me of, and it would also provide evidence against what he told me in his letter he sent to me in the mail:
"as the Bible teaches and the Spirit of God leads me, I correct behavior that I know as sin"

So, because of Larry's approach to make quick accusations without evidence, I already have reason to NOT believe him. The reason I believe many of the things people tell me on this forum is because their words, beliefs, and actions align, but in Larry's case, I do not see his words and beliefs aligning, which means there is lying going on somewhere, and I don't have enough information to draw a definite conclusion, hints why I am very cautious of him.

The only very concerning issue is that Larry claims a strong belief in what is called "Universalism," and since (thus far) he has been unwilling to explain himself and define what he means, as I clearly said I wanted to give him a fair chance to do, as you can see here...
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=917.msg7545#msg7545
... I am MUCH more cautious of him, and I believe he's lying to himself and everyone else here.

Forgive me, I almost NEVER reference to Wikipedia, but for worldly concepts and false doctrines, they usually do a good job giving a general overview, and you can see that here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universalism
It is by the philosophy of Universalism that modern-day church buildings are beginning to accept beliefs from other false religions, like Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism, just to name a few. Universalism is one of the key pillars to developing the ecumenical one-world religion, which claims that everyone will eventually be saved (which is 100% heresy), and the Catholic Church is helping to spear-head that movement.

He said he would provide information on that, but even though he HAS logged back in since his last posts here, Larry has said nothing. Well, as many of you already know, we do not welcome those who slap-and-run, and think they've done Christ a service with their railing accusations. Like I said, I might give him a few more days, and if we don't hear back from him, I will probably ban his account because I'm already tired of trying to get him to answer a simple question (i.e. would you define what you mean by repentance?), and furthermore, I'm not going to allow him to come here and deceive new Christians with his leaven.

I don't know if Larry is saved or not; all I can say is that there is a disconnect between what he says and what he claims to believe, and the problem is getting worse with each post he makes. I hope he comes back soon to resolve the matter.

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 10:37:30 PM »
The only very concerning issue is that Larry claims a strong belief in what is called "Universalism," and since (thus far) he has been unwilling to explain himself and define what he means, as I clearly said I wanted to give him a fair chance to do, as you can see here...
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=917.msg7545#msg7545
... I am MUCH more cautious of him, and I believe he's lying to himself and everyone else here.

OK, it seems my definition of universalism is different than yours. I made an assumption that you would give me a chance to explain. Rather than ask a question, You wrote the above arrogant reply.

"When Thy [God's] judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world [everyone] will learn righteousness" (Isaiah 26:9) Shortly saying that God's judgments described in the above verse are not happening today because it is not God's will to have them happening now.

I do not think we will see eye to eye on this, I do not think I know it all, far from it. (1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV)  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
(1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV)  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
(1 Corinthians 13:13 KJV)  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

One other thing is the KJV was altered by preserve the divine right of kings.

It seems that for a lack of a better way to say it Chris is running a KJV cult. I say that because everything revolves around him. Chris I can no longer support you.  Please return my donation and delete this account. :(

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »
OK, it seems my definition of universalism is different than yours. I made an assumption that you would give me a chance to explain. Rather than ask a question, You wrote the above arrogant reply.

The thing is, we've BEEN asking questions and Larry has not answered them! Then he turns around and accuses Chris of being arrogant because he didn't ask a question! And after we've been patient and given him nearly a week to log back in to speak (we didn't know if he left or was busy), he claims he wasn't given enough time to answer. That's simply not true. He had the opportunity to explain himself then and now, but he still hasn't. He just runs away in his childish pomp.

"When Thy [God's] judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world [everyone] will learn righteousness" (Isaiah 26:9) Shortly saying that God's judgments described in the above verse are not happening today because it is not God's will to have them happening now.

I have no idea what Isaiah 26:9 has to do with universalism whether it's his definition (which, not surprisingly, he has not explained) or anothers.

I do not think we will see eye to eye on this, I do not think I know it all, far from it. (1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV)  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
(1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV)  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
(1 Corinthians 13:13 KJV)  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

How can a grown elderly man be a man when he runs away from from simple questions? Especially since we haven't kicked him out because he is leaving at his own will. All we've done is ask questions and he gets all up in his feelings about it and runs away. Is this the example of an adult Christian man we should look up to?

This reminds me a little of Elihu in the book of Job when he was given wisdom over Job and his three friends. God rebuked the elderly because they judged Job unrighteously and Job because he justified himself rather than God. But the youngest of the group, God gave wisdom and humility to let the elders finish speaking and judge the matter wisely. I know this isn't the same scenario with Larry, but his reference to 1 Corinthians 13 reminded me of this.

Job 32:7 I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom.
8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
9 Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.

We gave Larry the chance to speak and explain things, but he did not act righteously. Instead of answering simple questions, he rails and accuses then runs away. Job and his friends, at the very least, explained their reasoning even though it wasn't right. But Larry can't even do that much. Just because Larry is older does't mean he has wisdom, even though he claims to be a Christian since a young age and would therefore have more years experience than many of us here combined.

One other thing is the KJV was altered by preserve the divine right of kings.

It seems that for a lack of a better way to say it Chris is running a KJV cult. I say that because everything revolves around him. Chris I can no longer support you.  Please return my donation and delete this account.

But Larry can't explain any of his claims. It's impossible for him to. In what way are either of these things true? Nobody knows except for Larry.  All Larry is capable of doing is making a baseless statement and make an accusation which is also baseless. How do we know Larry is not part of a different KJV cult because he just quoted from the KJV! Because he cannot manage to explain anything, who is to say someone who reads all this later wouldn't accuse him of hypocrisy and say he is also part of a KJV cult?

If we are just a KJV cult and Larry has all the answers, I don't think any of us are 98% spot on with Larry like Larry (who is never wrong and is always 100% right) originally claimed. He made a judgement before understanding what all is taught here. I figured adult Christian man would be more diligent to search something out before making a judgement like that. Or at least admit his mistake.

All I see this is as is a last kick before Larry runs off. He can't just leave without attempting to make himself look good so he has to accuse us all of being in a cult. I'll ban his account, but I won't delete it.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2019, 10:00:46 AM »
It seems that for a lack of a better way to say it Chris is running a KJV cult. I say that because everything revolves around him. Chris I can no longer support you.  Please return my donation and delete this account. :(
First, I'll rip up your check Larry, no problem. I haven't cashed it, and I was waiting because I suspected you did not send it out of pure heart. Also, if you only live on a meager amount, you should not have sent it to me in the first place.

Second, we have been waiting for you to answer some of our questions for almost a month now, and, in arrogance, you said:
I made an assumption that you would give me a chance to explain.
As I will point out in a moment, that is very definition of arrogance.

Third, I find it amazing that you STILL did not answer the basic questions asked of you, and furthermore, you would not admit the fact that you were ignorant of what the word 'universalism' means. (You just can't be wrong, can you?) Then, after a month of trying to reason with you (all of us, not just me), you had the nerve to say:
You wrote the above arrogant reply.
Either you refuse to judge yourself...
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
-1Co 11:31

... or you have no idea what the word 'arrogant' means.
arrogant: assuming; making or having the disposition to make exorbitant claims of rank or estimation; giving one's self an undue degree of importance; haughty; conceited
Everything that has been said to you has been based on what YOU have told us, and frankly, I think the problem is both; you don't understand the words you are using (meaning that you don't care about the words you're using), and you refuse to judge yourself.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

I believe you wrote us a sob story about your life, to try to convince people you've had things rough (and maybe you have), but you have never come to repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow) of your sin; your words reflect no hint of repentance.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
-2Co 7:10

I'm not going to delete your account; other Christians should see this so they can see this example, build up their discernment, so they will not be fooled by men like you. I will, however, ban your account because we don't need you to come back here and cause contention amoung the church; you need to understand that you are separate from the church because your words do not match your claimed beliefs, and that a man can memorize much Scripture during the course of his life, but without the Holy Spirit of God, can never come to a knowledge of the truth.
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
-2Ti 3:7

The following is what you need to read if you want to be saved, so that you might understand the doctrine of Christ:
Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell
I don't know if you're saved or not, but I give you that in case because, based on the evidence you have shown us, it does not seem that you have accepted repentance from God.
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
-James 4:6

Have a great day, and I pray the Lord Jesus Christ would bless you abundantly with all your needs.
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1Pe 3:9

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 03:10:54 AM »
I would also like to point out that, in the link Chris provided (and Larry quoted), that I asked him for his definition of 'universalism' a day before Chris did, just so that we're all clear that the question WAS asked of Larry and that he simply ignored it. He never even acknowledged the question, let alone attempted to answer it.

Larry joined the forum while Chris was out of town and both Tim and I had questions about what Larry believed from the very beginning, yet he refused to answer any of them. And then Chris is the one Larry immediately has a problem with and starts railing on as soon as Chris  replied to him? I don't know how this looks to anyone else, but it seems to me that Larry ignored both of the moderators and waited until he could get a response directly from Chris so that he could make his false accusations.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2019, 10:25:56 AM »
How do we know Larry is not part of a different KJV cult because he just quoted from the KJV! Because he cannot manage to explain anything, who is to say someone who reads all this later wouldn't accuse him of hypocrisy and say he is also part of a KJV cult?
That might have been a bit convoluted (the way you worded it), but if everyone understands what you wrote, you're right, and that was a really strange statement coming from Larry. As someone who was quoting the KJB, why was he calling us a "KJV cult?" (He never explained what he meant by that.) I'm now wondering if he was only quoting the KJB for our sakes, but he actually uses new-age bible versions? Hmm. I guess now we'll probably never know, and even he attempted to explain it, he wouldn't bother actually explaining it; he would just leave a link with no explanation (which seemed to be his habit) or just change the subject by throwing out more railing and false accusations (which also seemed to be his habit).

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2019, 02:03:23 PM »
How do we know Larry is not part of a different KJV cult because he just quoted from the KJV! Because he cannot manage to explain anything, who is to say someone who reads all this later wouldn't accuse him of hypocrisy and say he is also part of a KJV cult?
That might have been a bit convoluted (the way you worded it), but if everyone understands what you wrote, you're right, and that was a really strange statement coming from Larry. As someone who was quoting the KJB, why was he calling us a "KJV cult?" (He never explained what he meant by that.) I'm now wondering if he was only quoting the KJB for our sakes, but he actually uses new-age bible versions? Hmm. I guess now we'll probably never know, and even he attempted to explain it, he wouldn't bother actually explaining it; he would just leave a link with no explanation (which seemed to be his habit) or just change the subject by throwing out more railing and false accusations (which also seemed to be his habit).

Perfectly worded and easy to understand Tim.  Right from the beginning he was easy to spot as "another one of those" and it was interesting to watch from the side line as he dug himself in to a hole that he wasn't going to get out of and that eventually he would be gone and banned from the forum.

Hopefully he learned enough while he was here and in time he sorts himself out and gets on the right track.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 02:13:02 PM »
I actually thought about removing that part before I posted it. It wasnt worded well in my opinion but I cant remember why I left it there. The thought did come to me that Larry may have quoted from the KJV because of us but there is just no way to tell. The preservation of Gods word in the KJV is worth more than that 2 percent Larry claimed Chris was wrong about, I think. If he just would have acted differently and answered us, I would have liked to have reasoned with him on those things.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 03:58:08 PM »
Well, meaning the 2% of what little he had looked at before departed in a huff. He told me in his letter he had not looked at a whole lot yet, and so if that 2% was his misunderstanding of repentance, the concern about the 'Godhead' (which I have already rewritten), and his strange ideas about what he calls "universalism," then I think I'm doing alright.