Author Topic: (DISCUSSION) #007 Got Milk?  (Read 654 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 35
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
(DISCUSSION) #007 Got Milk?
« on: March 25, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 35
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: (DISCUSSION) #007 Got Milk?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:04:01 PM »

John Cena​That's why you gotta take care of the elderly

John Cena​She don't need that

John Cena​It's the Transhumanism Agenda

John Cena​They want to replace humans with cyborgs

John Cena​Nobody needs cybertronic Knees

thomas n​whats up from scotland

thomas n​omg its john cena lol

John Cena​The Nazis never drank milk. Noway. Not buying it

thomas n​wtf am i watching

John Cena​Thomas this is the word of God

thomas n​lol

John Cena​Bible study

thomas n​sorry for the offence

John Cena​No offence, stay and learn more

thomas n​u guys hate me because i dont have a religion sorry

thomas n​am i bad

John Cena​Ask Jesus Christ for repentance.

thomas n​whats that

Cathi Jennex​greetings from British Columbia :)

John Cena​It basically apologizing for being a sinful human. God said all humans are inherently sinful

thomas n​im a bad guy im not religious

thomas n​i have not done nothing wrong

thomas n​john cena is a badsss

John Cena​Everyone is sinful. Just being human offends God because he is a superior being.

thomas n​but thats no ones fault

John Cena​Is chocolate milk racist?

John Cena​Well Thomas, it's why he forgives you.

thomas n​goodnight

John Cena​Cya

John Cena​I only eat white bread.

thomas n​itssssss johhhhnnnnnn cena lol

John Cena​kek

thomas n​i eat meat

John Cena​I only eat white bread with ranch dressing.

John Cena​Then I wash it down with some milk.

John Cena​All hail Joseph Smith!

serene sojourner​I drink HEMP milk or grind my own organic soy milk in a machine. VERY GOOOOD and easy to do.

John Cena​That's a good submissive wife, she gets up at 4am in the morning to get her husband some milk.

John Cena​That's very biblical. Also it's not Gluttony the crave milk.

serene sojourner​FDA doesnt rule. Don't think like a slave.

John Cena​Have some more butter on your toast because it's delicious. God wants that. That's why Jesus fasted for 30 days.

HaleFPV​Great live show. Thanks for sharing on Youtube.

John Cena​What about Joseph Smith?????

Cathi Jennex​thank you...great information
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 12:40:58 PM »
LOL!  I have to point this out. "...Jesus fasted for 30 days"??? It was 40 days in the wilderness! Wow. I'm really hoping more people start listening.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 33
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:04:00 AM »
I'm still listening to the raw milk discussion and hope to maybe finish it tonight.  I wish I could have been online with the rest of you   .....  not that I know anything much that the rest of you don't know.

I saw this though in Tonya's posting above and am not sure if Tonya was commenting on what someone else had said or if it was a simple error.

Matthew 4 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

There were some things I would have jumped in and made some comments about if I had been able to join the discussion. 

The Reverse Osmosis (RO) water is perfectly good to drink as we really don't get a lot of our minerals from the water we drink.  Lots of people drink rain water as their sole supply and it has no magnesium, no phosphorus, no zinc and no manganese etc and so it has about as much minerals as RO water.  If you eat a single lettuce leaf you have already taken in hundreds of times more minerals that you were getting out of water   ....  or in the case of rainwater a lettuce leaf has millions of times more minerals.

We have the raw milk debate going on here in New Zealand as we are a dairy producing nation and we earn a great deal of our money by exporting milk products.  I'm not too sure what to make of the whole situation of raw milk.  I quite often do work for the Mastitis Group here in my job as a part of our research is treating mastitis in cows (natural remedies) because at any time a certain percentage of a dairy flock will not be producing safe milk due to bacterial infection causing mastitis.  As certain farmers have shown, bacterial and parasitic infection and therefore mastitis can be controlled by having certain plants growing in the fields along side the grass.  Hence the farming practice may determine whether the raw milk is safe to drink or not.  Back in the Israelites time they wouldn't have been spraying herbicides on the fields and killing off the beneficial plants.

My ex-wife grew up on a farm and they used to drink raw milk and her father contracted brucellosis and was laid up seriously ill in hospital, so hmmmm, I seem ot think of milk like meat these days and I would prefer to cook it to kill off any bacteria or parasites that might be harmful.  I'll have to do some reading when I get time as to any advantages for those who drink milk over those who can't.  Actually in "the land flowing with milk and honey" they didn't comment that the milk was being consumed raw as far as I can remember. 

Exodus 23 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
19 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his motherís milk.

Exodus 34 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
26 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his motherís milk.

Deuteronomy 14 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
Ye shall not eat of any thing that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his motherís milk.

I get the impression that it was usual to cook meat in a pot with milk.

Another interesting side of the milk issue is also that although it contains calcium the cows get all of the calcium from eating grass and other plants and of course a dairy cow pumps out so many litres of milk a day.  People who can't drink milk don't rate higher on bone fractures than those who can.  Just the news that kids out there don't want to hear   .....  yes you do have to eat brocolli and cabbage and brussel sprouts etc.  Even eating meat gives us a lot of calcium as muscles are full of it. 

How come older people get weak bones and fractures?  Often they don't eat a lot of meat and they don't eat a lot of vegetables and carbohydrate grain foods they do tend to eat more of don't have a lot of calcium in them. 

Sorry for a wall of text.  I had to write this before going home so I still feel like I'm part of the group.

bon appetit
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 05:56:37 AM »
I just finished listening to the last of the GH.  Wow, things are so different there.  We used to still have milk delivery to the house right up until about the mid '90s.  I even still have a couple of milk bottles sitting in the top cupboard as I didn't get around to getting rid of them.  I think I'll just keep them now for nostalgia.

Yes, Eric was right about the cannibalistic cows.  They don't do it here but I know in some places they grind up dead cows and feed them to other cows for the protein.  We actually covered that in biochemistry and it was probably a big part of the cause of BSE (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy a.k.a. Mad Cow Disease) in Britain. 

On the softness of meat, yes any muscle that has to do work turns out to be a tougher cut of meat so chickens sitting around doing nothing are tender and other birds running around and working hard are tough.  Same with game meat like deer.  The back straps are the soft tender meat and the working parts are best made in to casserole.

Bread
I was reading this just in the last couple of weeks

Going gluten-free: Why are there more food allergies now?
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/90352393/going-glutenfree-why-are-there-more-food-allergies-now?cid=facebook.post.90352393

... haven't we been eating wheat and gluten containing grains for years? How come it's only become a problem in the last couple of decades?" ...

... Well, yes, we have been eating these foods for thousands of years, but the modern-day wheat most of us eat now is different. Why is this? It can be traced back to Norman Borlaug (read more about it here http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0000687 ), an incredible biologist and humanitarian who led the hybridisation of wheat to give us the high yielding, highly disease-resistant, dwarf varieties of wheat we now have.

Unfortunately, unknowingly to Borlaug, in making disease-resistant wheat the lectin levels in each grain were concentrated 10 to 100-fold, depending on the variety of wheat. Lectins are a molecule that plants make to protect themselves from the environment. These lectins have now been implicated in causing serious damage to our gut, which leads to gluten intolerance and the resulting immune reactions and inflammation associated with its consumption. ...

This is so close to home for me because late last year I gave up swimming for what I thought was going to be for just over a week because I was having skin problems.  What I soon found was that it wasn't the pool water causing any problem but rather I have become sensitized to most of the multigrain breads.  At the moment there is only one brand of grain bread that I can eat and still be OK.

That article above covers about why some breads go really hard too.  It isn't chemicals doing it, it is because of the type of flour used.  It's the good flour.

From the article above
... this doesn't make senseÖ   ... What about the French paradox? ...   ... the French eat a lot of bread. Baguettes, croissants and pastries are the norm, yet they have very good health outcomes for a Western world. ...  ... it's interesting to note that the French have generally not adopted the new modified varieties of wheat. French bakers are still using the traditional Duram type varieties. This is why when you buy proper French bread it goes off (and rock hard) by the afternoon. These traditional varieties also have much lower lectin and gluten levels than modern wheat, resulting in a lower immune response to the food.

All of this interesting information came just at the right time for me.  I hope you found it interesting and informative too.

The impromptu style for the discussions sounds really good too.  As it gets colder here with winter coming on it will be easy to join in and not having to get work done outside.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 08:10:18 AM »
Exodus 23 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
19 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his motherís milk.

Exodus 34 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
26 The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his motherís milk.

Deuteronomy 14 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
Ye shall not eat of any thing that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his motherís milk.

I get the impression that it was usual to cook meat in a pot with milk.

I don't know about the Jews in the Bible, but if a Jew wants a Kosher kitchen today, they don't mix meat and dairy at all. They even have two sets of cookware; one for meat and one for dairy products so there is no chance of one getting contaminated with the other.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:16:45 PM by Jeanne »

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »
I don't know about the Jews in the Bible, but if a Jew wants a Kosher kitchen today, they don't mix meat and dairy at all. They even have two sets of cookware; one for meat and one for dairy products so there is no chance of one getting contaminated with the other.

Thanks for that Jeanne, I had absolutely no idea about that.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 06:50:12 PM »
Yeah, cheeseburgers are NOT Kosher, which is why I was always glad I'm not a Jew. Not that I really eat cheeseburgers much anymore...

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 12:34:30 AM »
Lots of their "kosher" and other rules don't line up with the Mosaic Law but they don't seem to notice that or even care.  The days they now observe  ...  Rosh Hashanah etc.

I would have to go back and look through the Law, but under the Law I'm not too sure where a cheese burger would fail the test. 

Burger Buns
Tomato Sauce
Mayonnaise
Lamb Mince Patty
Fried Onion
Lettuce
Cheese
Beetroot

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Susan
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 07:59:52 AM »
Kevin,

I agree with you.  I always wondered why they had to keep ALL meat and dairy apart.  The law states to not boil a kid in his mother's milk.  It says nothing about eating them together after the meat is cooked.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 12:21:38 PM »
And I always took that law literally, meaning a kid was not to be boiled in its OWN mother's milk. But I thought boiling it in another goat's milk, or even a cow's milk would be okay...

Maybe I completely oversimplified it, but it seems to me that Jews today are unnecessarily complicating it.

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
I'd never thought of it that way before Jeanne.  Interesting.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 07:54:29 PM »
And I always took that law literally, meaning a kid was not to be boiled in its OWN mother's milk. But I thought boiling it in another goat's milk, or even a cow's milk would be okay...

That was how I have always seen it.

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 09:17:06 AM »
Growing up around so many Jewish people I never questioned that.  But, I do see how that is completely off base as to what the Bible actually states.  So sad.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 02:54:24 PM »
Ive just read this discussion, and what come to my mind is that a long time ago I read a book called : Fit for life. It had this theorie in it about not mixing proteins and carbs, because one requires an acid in your stomach to digest it and the other a Pepsine(aminoacid) to digest. So if you mix them the food stays in the stomach so long it starts going bad and that messes up the nutrition your body can take from the food you have eaten.
Is that a explanation of why they couldn't mix the two together??

I found out that many of the Biblical laws had a lot of wisdom and many had to do with these type of things that the people at the time would never have been able to figure out.

It just crossed my mind and would be interested hearing your thoughts about it....