Author Topic: Feigned Words Won't Hide Lies and Malice  (Read 5322 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Feigned Words Won't Hide Lies and Malice
« on: December 01, 2018, 12:32:34 AM »

DAN FROM NORTH CAROLINA:

I have a PDF 'book' I would like to send you concerning my own take on marriage/sexual identity.

I'll preface this to warn you: My response may be more direct than you may have initially anticipated, so I hope the forewarning might help soften the blow a bit. I realize that you probably believe you're being contrite, but Jesus explained to us that a man's heart can been seen by his words:
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18

Humility and fear of God can't be forced; meaning that it is not something that you can practice in your speech to eliminate evidence of the contrary. Or in more simple terms, you can't squeeze tears out of a heart of stone. You might get away with it with the populous, who have no discernment, but when you meet someone who has the Spirit of God for understanding, you won't be able to hide, no matter how vague you try to word this letter to mask your true beliefs.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14

I can already see a lot of problems from your first sentence; things you probably don't even realize, and you may not know that I likely wouldn't even have to read as far in your 'book' as you're expecting before picking up on your false doctrines.
If you want to send me something, you can do so, but frankly, I've got multiple projects I'm working on, including multiple books I have planned, so I would rather spend time working on those. I've already completed my work on the marriage subject, and your letter doesn't even give any explanation as to why I would want to read your 'book', nor does your letter give the purpose of why you want me to read it, so in short, it is highly unlikely that I'll read it whether you send it or not, unless you give me some pertinent reason why it's relevant to what I'm doing.

Based off what I have read in some of your articles I have a feeling you would probably rip it to shreds, but what the heck, if you're interested you can check it out (you can 'buy' it online but I thought I'd just send it to you free as I, like yourself, don't charge anyone and any money I make I usually give away.) I do not consider myself an apologist, but I was a biology/pre-med major and was fortunate enough that God used that to help my faith, instead of questioning it (I was never an evolutionist, and never will be, mainly because it just makes no freaking sense scientifically).

Okay, just so we're on the same page, I don't care about all your labels. (i.e. "I'm not an evolutionist, but I'm not an apologist" etc) Your vague explanations are enough to show me you're hiding the doctrines you believe. I don't get along well with people who do that because they deceive others.
You see, people who have been born again don't have to hide their beliefs with one another because we all have one mind, but you have to hide yours, and that's likely because you adhere more to new-age doctrine, which I can glean from you the more I read your letter. The major red flag that went up for me was the fact that you said that God used your biology/pre-med major to help your faith, and that's a primary example of what I'm talking about; you believe your faith has come from something other than what the Bible says faith comes from.
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
-Rom 10:17

The way God has said He helps someone with their faith is through His Word, not through your science degrees, otherwise, understanding in faith would only come to the intellectual elite.
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
-Psalm 119:130
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.
-1Co 1:26-29

Thus, the impression I've gotten with your first letter is that with your mouth you claim to honor the Christian God of the Bible, but in your heart, you're far from Him.
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
-Mat 15:8

I do not agree with everything on your site, mainly because I think you also pretext verses at time to justify your own opinion, but I agree with the sobriety and the call to excellence.

Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims, and a variety of other false pagan religions can all "agree with sobriety and the call to excellence," but that doesn't make them born again in Christ; your "agreement on sobriety and excellence" doesn't mean anything when it comes to doctrine.
I also don't think you know what the word 'pretext' means because it's a noun, and you're using it as a verb, but in case you don't know the meaning, it means that you are accusing me of presenting a false doctrine (i.e. a lie) and then using Scripture to back up that lie, while trying to phrase your baseless accusation in a "nice" way in this email. That's what the Bible calls "flattering lips:"
They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
-Psalm 12:2

Dan, you're not fooling anyone here, and frankly, I would rather you just come out and make an accusation against me directly than beat around the bush like a coward, holding on to your pretense that you're being "humble," when you're not.
Here's the bottom line: If you don't like what I teach, then go somewhere else. If you have a correction, then try making some real effort, like the effort you've read on my website, by quoting me, then quoting Scripture, and then logically pointing out the error of context in a thorough manner. If you don't want to do that; again, I'll say, you have the liberty to go elsewhere; our ministry is not a popularity contest.

Fellow vagabond, stranger, and alien on the earth that waits for Yeshua HaMashiach,

Based on your vague letter, I am unwilling as of yet to agree that you are a "fellow." You haven't given me any evidence yet that you're a brother in Christ, so I don't trust you. In addition, you add in the "Yeshua Hamashiach" line that I hear from pretty much every Hebrew-roots cultist and Adventist cultist that typically throws that out at the end of their emails in the false belief that they think they know the secret and true name of God. Just so you're aware, we are sanctified from those cults and their false doctrine too, and if you're a part of them, you are not our brethren.

Now, I'll give you another chance if you want to try to write a more comprehensive letter. I'm open to the fact that some people are just not very good writers (I'm not that good either), and perhaps you made some errors, that's okay, I can understand that, but based on the 10 years experience I have in dealing with these kind of letters, and the fact that you claim to be author, I don't think that's the case here. I think who I'm talking to is man who does not understand repentance unto salvation, but thinks he does because he's an "intellectual."
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?
That teaching will show you the way to Christ. Whether you look into it or not is up to you. Have a great day, I gotta' get back to work.

NEXT LETTER:

Mr. Johnson, Thanks for getting back in touch with me. I appreciate that you are busy. I appreciate you are selective in what you read. A simple, "Dan, thanks for contacting me, but I'm not interested at this time" probably would've sufficed on your part. But to answer you as humbly and forthrightly as I can, realizing that emotional tone cannot be translated via email: I must say, I'm not sure if anything I respond with will be taken with grace or courtesy or not re-attacked as being covert, hidden motive, weak doctrine, false prophet, or what not. Be that as it may:
1) There is no hidden motive on my part and I am not the things you have accused me: weak in my beliefs, a Hebrew cultist, hiding my doctrines, seeking to be an 'intellectual' etc... If those are your presuppositions about me you play the devil's advocate quite well in making false accusations against me. My initial contact was simply: I was just wondering if you would let me send you a book that I thought, obviously wrong, you might check out. To that I was adding mere details that you proceeded to just think you know everything about me from an initial contact. Thank you for playing God for the few minutes it took you to do that.

Desiring a "thank you" over this matter is extraordinarily strange. You wrote someone that finished his book on marriage, then offered him to read your book on marriage, and expected gratitude for it. That's like going to a neighbor who is a corn farmer, and after he finishes his harvest, you stop over at his place to offer him some corn; he would likely give you a very strange look, especially when he would watch you get upset that he didn't thank you for your offer. Most likely, he would ask why you would offer him corn when he's got tons of it, and then you would not give him any reason for it other than "I just thought you would like it"; that doesn't make any sense.

You're also not reading what I said. I'm not going to go through every example you gave to save some time, but I'll give you one example:
"Just so you're aware, we are sanctified from those cults and their false doctrine too, and if you're a part of them, you are not our brethren."
I didn't say you were a Hebrew cultist, I pointed out the similarities between phrases you use and the Hebrew-roots cult, and then I said IF you were part of that Hebrew-roots cult that we are not brethren. I didn't accuse you of it. I understand reading comprehension problems; I've had a lot of difficulties in my life in that regard, but if you're not going to read what I'm writing to you and respond to it, then this is a one-sided conversation, and I'm not going to waste my time with someone who won't hear--which, by the way, doesn't give me any reason to read a book from an author who operates in that manner.

You still didn't give me a purpose for reading your books, which is what I was requesting. And now, you're proving the point I made in my first letter, namely, that you speak with flattering lips and double heart (i.e. lies), and I'll demonstrate what I mean:
First you say, "to answer you as humbly" which is your declaration to answer with a humble heart, but then you scoff, "Thank you for playing God" In the Bible, that's what God called being "double minded," that's where you declare one thing and then speak opposite to that immediately after; in simple terms, it's called a lie.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
-Jms 1:8

God did not say that a double-minded man is unstable in a few of his ways, but rather, He said in ALL their ways. Look, I'll make time for just about anybody, but I prefer not to make time for grown men acting like a child in their understanding.
Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
-1Co 14:20

You proclaim yourself to be humble, but your words show malice, and this is just an instance where you hate the fact that I pointed it out because you hate correction and rebuke.
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Proverbs 15:10

Now, based on what you've written me so far, I'm actually not sure if you're familiar with the doctrines of Scripture very much at all, but the Bible is called God's Word for a reason. I didn't come up with these verses; the Living God did, and He gave it to us to protect us from men with deceptive tongues, which you can see if you go on to read Psalm 12 (which I quoted to you in the last letter).
For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
-Psa 12:5-7

We Christians quote the Word of God because it is a two-edged sword that discerns the thoughts and intents of the heart; including yours.
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
-Heb 4:12

In summary, you need to read what I'm saying a bit more carefully, but you still didn't provide a purpose for wanting me to read your book other than conjecture about my personal interests. You also lied when you claimed to be humble and then scoffed, which is proving that the discernment I had with you in the first letter was sound.

2) My comment about you 'ripping it to shreds' (my little book) was actually a compliment to youbecause I realized a person such as yourself might take the time to read it through and THINK, gleaning from it what you would and rejecting what you wouldn't. So that was a compliment, Mr. Johnson. You are free to make of that what you will. I was seeking no endorsement, approval, etc. I was just making an offer. If you didn't want it, then just say, "No" and let your "yes be yes and your nay be nay". 

Read what you wrote in your first letter:
Based off what I have read in some of your articles I have a feeling you would probably rip it [your book] to shreds, but what the heck, if you're interested you can check it out 
The term "rip to shreds" is used in two ways; one is to tear something into pieces (i.e. to destroy something in an emotionally-heated rage), and the other is to heavily criticize. Which one was I to interpret? The standard for reading is that we interpret the definition of words based on the context. The only context I had to go on were softened curses like "what the heck" and "freaking" which are replacement words designed to deceive people about your filthy tongue.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
-Eph 4:29

Then you followed that up with saying you don't agree with everything on my site, which is fine; there's nothing wrong with disagreement, but all these things show a NEGATIVE context, not a positive one. Thus, if you had prefaced it differently, by giving me a different context, I would have taken it in a different way. If you want to someone to understand your words, then you need to speak clearly, which was the point I made in my last letter about being vague, but it is not a "humble answer" to then turn around and falsely accuse me of not taking time with your letter and not thinking about what you said.

Then you lied by saying, "You are free to make of that what you will." If I was free to make of it what I wanted, you wouldn't have objected to my last letter at all; you would have just ignored my letter and moved on. That's not what you did, you objected; so you believe I'm NOT free to make of it what I will. Furthermore, if I took it anyway I wanted without the context, the Living God would hold me accountable for that, knowing that I should judge righteous judgment, and not make up whatever I want about what someone said. So in a nutshell, stop blaming other people if you do not write things clearly enough to be understood as you mean them. I'm responsible for my words, and you are responsible for yours. The fault is not mine if I went by the context you gave me, so take responsibility for what you say because you and I both will be held accountable for every word we speak.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST:

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feigned Words Won't Hide Lies and Malice
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:33:04 AM »
3) No where in my initial contact did I imply any accusations against you or that I thought 'x' or 'y' about you, your website, or your ministry. No where did I start cutting and pasting prooftext scriptures pulled out of historical context to the time, place, and audience to attack you or demand an audience, etc. In saying that I agree with most of what you have on your website I am not denouncing everything that I don't agree with. Did you stop to consider that I HAVEN'T READ ALL YOUR ARTICLES YET, so I can't truthfully say I agree with everything because I haven't read everything and therefore to agree without all the facts/evidence would be foolish?

I don't recall accusing you of any of that. Perhaps you can point out where I accused you of any of those things? I accused you of being vague and speaking on pretense (i.e. lies) in which you are trying to act humble when you do not have the humility of repentance in your heart, which was evidenced by your words in the last letter. So far, you've given me no reason to believe otherwise.
This is the second time you've accused me of using pretext on Scripture, and yet, you have provided no examples or evidence; you just keep making the claim. Since you're unwilling to provide evidence to back up your claim, you are now falsely accusing me, which is another lie.
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
-Col 3:8-9

The more I read from you, more evidence I see that you haven't put off the old man with his deeds because you do not have a foundation of repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing) in your heart.

4) In line with #3, I wonder if fellow Christians are not allowed to disagree with you? I am not accusing you here, but I get the feeling that anyone who disagrees with you on any biblical topic is instantly castigated and deemed wrong before they are heard.

Then create an account on our forum, and ask the Christians there about it if you're concerned. Most of our church members have accounts on the forum as well, so you can ask them that question; I'll let other eye-witnesses give you the evidence you're looking for. (http://www.creationliberty.com/forum) You'll be welcomed there so long as you are honest and keep a civil tongue.

5) Since you don't know me, have you any record of me ever attacking, criticizing, lambasting, etc. you or your website or your ministry?

When did I accuse you of any of that? For that matter, why do you think I care whether or not you attack, criticize, or lambaste my ministry? Anyone is welcome to do those things; you can go create an anti-creationliberty website if you want to--that doesn't concern me. Your comment is just a red herring that's distracting from the rebuke I gave you. Again, same response as point #3.

You don't even know who I am, what I've gone through, who I've helped, etc. and yet you proceeded to rip me and a simple introduction/inquiry to shreds with presuppositions about my character, my doctrines, my faith, etc..  From the little bit I've read on your webpages you seemed more of a thoughtful, courteous type individual. I took you for a 'noble Berean' like in Acts. I can only surmise that I am wrong. 

I hear this same excuse, complaint, and accusation from most people I rebuke because they hate correction, and that's because they don't have the humility of repentance in their hearts. You do not believe Jesus and what he taught, and I'll quote it again since you seemed to just ignore it the first time:
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18

Let's suppose a man walked into a church building, yelled out "&#@% this place, I'm going to a strip club!" and then left; everyone there would conclude that he was not saved and needed prayer. You and I both know that's how they would react in most situations. They don't know who he is, they don't know what he's gone through, they don't know who he's helped, but they concluded what was in the man's heart by what he said.
This demonstrates that you don't believe Jesus's doctrine, namely, that a born again Christian can see your heart by your words. I can know what's in your heart without meeting you or knowing anything about you. It doesn't matter to me whether or not that makes you feel good; I care whether or not your soul is saved and/or you get right with the Lord Jesus Christ.

6) I'm still going to send you the free PDF(s) and a few pieces of my music (based, gasp, on the Bible!) Whether you read them or not is up to you. 

So far, I'm not interested, and you still haven't given me a reason to be. If you don't have a foundation of repentance in your heart, then what you produce will reflect that, and it will end up not just being vain, but will also poison the philosophy of the reader/listener because the Spirit of God and fear of the Lord is not behind your words for a foundation of understanding.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
-Pro 9:10
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
-Pro 8:13 

7) I love you Mr. Johnson, simply because you believe in Jesus.I need no other reason. I also forgive you for your false accusations against me and I ask that you forgive me if something I sent in that initial contact triggered something or offended you or somehow touched a sore spot put there by others. I want to assure you as much as I can that I am no enemy or seeking to be an enemy. 

If there was a false accusation, then be bold and name it specifically, don't just vaguely accuse me of falsely accusing you. You haven't even addressed the main points I made to you in my first letter; you've pretty much ignored what I said, which gives me little hope that there would be fruitful discussion with you.
I can't count the amount of times I've heard contentious churchgoers hide behind the word 'love', and frankly, it's sickening every time I read/hear it. If you loved me, you wouldn't have to tell me about it; I would already know. The context of everything else you've written is completely contradictory to your "love" comments in point #7, which means I don't believe you. That's what's called a facade, which means to have an outward appearance, or in this instance, it is your effort to make the outside look clean and charitable, while inwardly, your heart rages with malice.
Love is a selfless sacrifice, not a warm, gooey feeling you get inside. I never once suspected, nor accused you, of being an enemy or seeking to be one; the fact is that you were deceptive in this letter multiple times, which I've already demonstrated, and you have no repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing) in your heart for those lies. Because you don't have grief and godly sorrow of your lying words, you are an enemy of God because He hates those things.
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
-Jms 4:6
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
-Pro 6:16-19

I have no choice but to sanctify myself from anyone who claims to be of Christ and says those things without repentance. It is a prideful heart that speaks like that, I rebuke those things for their sakes.
Preach the word; be instant [quick, pressing, urgent] in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
-2Ti 4:2

8) Finally, my doctrine can be summed up like this and I dare you to ever accuse me of anything more after this: This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Tim 1:15 If you have a problem with that then take it up with Paul and Jesus.

That's interesting, I've heard warmongering, false preacher Steven Anderson say the exact same thing. In fact, I've heard a number of false preachers say a similar line, but there is no repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow) of that sin in their hearts.
Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
-1Ti 1:13

Notice that Paul prefaced this to say that he was BEFORE, that is, prior to that point, all those things. For example, I was a liar before I was saved, but now, being born again in Christ, I live as a liar no longer, and if I lie, I repent of it. However, you have shown me that you do not repent of such sin, which mean you live continually in sin, trying to justify yourself, causing the grace of God abound (i.e. having to pour out plentifully):
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
-Rom 6:1-2

If you loved the Lord Jesus Christ, then you would love the rebuke of your sin.
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
-John 14:15
Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
-2Co 7:9
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
-Rev 3:19

You want some up front honesty. Here's some, and I give this only because I hope God slaps you across the face and humbles you before you castigate the next believer who just wants to share with you.

God disciplines me with His Word all the time; the very Word which you don't like me quoting to you. According to your letters, I'm wrong in what I'm writing to you with my rebukes, but now here you are attempting to turn the tables and offer rebuke, which makes you a hypocrite. On the one hand you speak love, and on the other, you actually have hate and angry against anyone would judge righteous judgment on you and rebuke your sin.

In listing these I don't really care what you think good or bad, condemning or merciful. You just need to realize you need to keep your mouth shut before you spout off presuppositions. I know. I've had to learn that lesson the hard way myself. So read and see what Jesus has kept me through, led me through, helped me through, SAVED me through.

You know and learned the hard way to keep your mouth shut? I haven't seen any evidence that you've learned to keep your mouth shut. I knew there were serious problems just by the first sentence of the first letter you wrote, but you have no interest in discovering how I knew that. You didn't have to say much for me to know that your conversation is far from the Word of God, and you can't see because you lack discernment, and you lack discernment because you lack the Spirit of God for understanding.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST:

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 12:33:44 AM »
I was sexually molested when I was young. I don't care if you sympathize or care, but until you've dealt with something like that you have no idea what it does do a person's mind/self-worth, even after they come to Jesus (healing doesn't always just happen instantaneously). But I guess that doesn't matter does it? Want to slap me across the face with some scriptures now?

That's terrible, but that's a completely different topic, which is otherwise known as a red herring, and In case I didn't explain it well enough earlier, it means something used to distract people from the topic at hand, so the speaker doesn't have to provide answers. I addressed you on the lies you told and the deception of your letters; you have thus far ignored most of my points and gone off-topic.
As for Scripture, I'm more than happy to quote the Bible anytime someone asks me for it, and I don't have swing with my arm; the Scriptures do all the slapping on their own:
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
-Romans 3:10-12

I'm glad you gave me enough details to see the problem that you're approaching Christianity from a victimhood status instead of a guilty status. Let's suppose for a moment that your claims were true, and that I falsely accused you, which would make me a liar in that circumstance; if I told you that I was physically abused by my father when I was child, that would not make my lies acceptable because I had a bad childhood. Likewise, the terrible history you had as a child does not justify what your sin, namely, the lies you've told in these letters.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
-Jer 17:9

The contradictory nature of both your letters so far is unmistakable. I've gone back to re-read them just in case I missed something. If you don't want to know the truth, then it's probably best that you move on because in our ministry and church, you won't get away with lies and deceit; we have brethren that are very keen on discernment (some of them are sharper than me), and you wouldn't last long even if I overlooked it. We are happy to listen to, and help, anyone that is in need, but we do not tolerate unrepentant sin from those who claim to be of Christ.
Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
-Pro 22:10

Due to the problems with being molested I am a recovering pornography addict and I freely admit it to you. I wonder would you like to slap me across the face with scriptures now or would you put your arms around me and ask how you could pray and help?

Under normal circumstances, I might do that, being someone who has been through the sin of pornography and fornication, but not from a scorner who claims to be of Christ and is unrepentant when rebuked of his sin in a letter like this.
A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
-Pro 13:1

You haven't answered for the lies you've told in these letters. No amount of red herrings are going to deter me from that point.

I have been asked to leave churches as well simply for asking questions about the pastor system, the tithe, the wasted money, why can't anyone share a song, etc. I guess you didn't take the time to consider that did you? Want to slap me across the face with some scriptures now?

That does not justify lies and deceit.
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
-Pro 9:8

You haven't answered for the lies you've told in these letters. No amount of red herrings are going to deter me from that point.

I have been openly mocked, laughed at, and ridiculed in the public school system by students and teachers for my faith, probably as you have. Want to slap me across the face with some scriptures now? Maybe accuse me of not being a brother/fellow believer?

We've got some young men in our church who are in or graduating from the public school system, and these are really humble guys who repent at any sign of sin. Even through they're learning, we're patient with them, and they're refreshing to talk to. I'm thinking of one of them on our forum right now who is going through some really hard stuff too, but the difference between his letters and your letters are night and day because he has grief and godly sorrow (i.e. repentance) in his heart.
Again, I give the example of Steven Anderson; he's a false preacher, and he gets mocked, ridiculed, and laughed at all the time, but that doesn't mean he's of Christ.
However, you keep pointing to your victimhood status, and even now, you're pointing to your works without first establishing your foundation of repentance.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
-Eph 2:8-9
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
-Heb 6:1

I have lost 'friends' because I also reject the modern church system. Bet you thought you were the only one? Want to slap me across the face with some scriptures now? Maybe redirect me to some article about how I am believing wrong?

I know you don't like the Bible; you're making that very clear by copy and pasting that sentence over and over, but I love the Scripture, which is why I quote it so much. We who are of Christ love the Bible because it is the Word of our God. Jesus warned us there would be many on the Day of Judgment who would come to Christ, call Him Lord, meaning that they claimed to be of Christ, and they would talk about all the works they did, all the sacrifices they made on His behalf, but they were not of Him:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Mat 7:21-23

When I rebuke people, it is to make sure their souls are right with God because I know the fear of the Lord, and understanding that, work to persuade men.
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
-2Co 5:11

Just because you're not pleased with what I'm telling you, doesn't mean you're justified.
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
-Gal 1:10

I give of myself freely as Christ commanded me, never charging anyone or asking for anything in my writing or music. Wow, honoring something the Bible says, think of that. Want to slap  me across the face with some scriptures now?

Again, so does Steven Anderson. I met a contentious pastor who gave his books away for free, but I watched him do some of the most ridiculous, un-Christian things, like get in a fight with a blind guy. They are what I call false converts, people who claim to be of Christ, but are not; I'm not sure if you're aware of those, but Jesus taught A LOT about them:
False Converts vs Eternal Security

I have been functionally poor the majority of my life so I know what Jesus went through as he was lower economic class as well. There's got be some scriptures you can slap me across the face with if you search long enough.

So have I, but I don't respect the persons of the wealthy, nor the poor. Rather, I judge righteous judgment as the Lord Jesus Christ commands.
Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
-Lev 19:15
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

I live with chronic pain on a daily basis and this year my medical bills have basically put me in debt. I know what it means to suffer with thorns in my flesh. But, wait, would you like to slap me across the face with some scriptures now?

So do I. Chronic pain doesn't justify sin.
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
-Luke 16:15

I have been a victim of a felony level crime that I'll never get compensation or justice for in this life save some miracle of God. It cost me thousands in medical bills. But, wait, surely there is some scripture to slap me across the face with?

Our family is in a legal battle right now with a wicked man harassing us, who would seek to take our home from us. So what? We'll leave it in the hands of the Lord because we seek first to clean out our lives from sin, and He will take care of us.
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
-Mat 6:31-33

I've lived it and I've learned sometimes you have to live the hard stuff before you have the right or privilege to minister to those going through the hard stuff.

I know, I'm just some young dumb kid, and you're the only one that's ever experienced hardship. I'm used to being treated like that. You can throw all the fits you want, but your sin remains because you will not repent. Here is the way to salvation:
You can't say a sinner's prayer and go to heaven. It doesn't work that way. If you want to know more about it, that's where the information is, but if you don't, that's your business. Nonetheless, you haven't answered for the lies you've told in these letters. No amount of red herrings are going to deter me from that point.

Thank you for your time and I am sure we will probably never converse again but be that as it may, I will pray that your ministry will impact whom God intends for it to impact and that you, by God's grace, will learn in the future to be more gentle with people you do not know. It is obviously not a gift you have.

The "thank you for your time" part, after all that scorning, is just standing on pretense, which, again, is sickening more than anything.
I don't have much in the way of gifts, that's for sure, but by God's grace, He's given me enough understanding to see sin and discern good from evil.
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
-Heb 5:14

I normally don't spend this much time with emails this long, but I gave you my word in the last letter that I would give you a second chance. You ended up proving my discernment was correct, which, at the very least, gives me some peace of mind that I'm standing on the truth of the matter. The reason I spent this much time on this letter was because of the Word of God that you seem to despise:
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
-2Ti 2:24-25

After you calm down, I hope you have a great day. However, if you are unwilling to answer for your lies, then there's no point in continuing discussion with you because you will not hear me, nor will you hear the Word of God.
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
-Mat 13:15

NOTE: I never heard back from him again.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:31:18 PM »
I'm noticing more and more in society as a whole (and that includes churchianity) that telling the truth is considered 'hate speech'. Nobody wants to hear the truth when it steps on their toes.

Angel

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Angel
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 06:52:42 AM »
'I normally don't spend this much time with emails this long, but I gave you my word in the last letter that I would give you a second chance. You ended up proving my discernment was correct, which, at the very least, gives me some peace of mind that I'm standing on the truth of the matter. The reason I spent this much time on this letter was because of the Word of God that you seem to despise:
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
'
I think I have inserted this quote from Chris incorrectly

After reading this and reflecting on the way I handle these types of discussion, I have come to realise that I must learn patience. Sometimes, I can even hear the restrained anger and impatience in my voice.  I can be so quick to dismiss if the conversation is going nowhere and I think the person is not listening and my time is being wasted. I must learn to pause and consider.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »
It took me a lot of time to read this because I have so much going on right now, but I wanted to share what struck me:

I was sexually molested when I was young. I don't care if you sympathize or care, but until you've dealt with something like that you have no idea what it does do a person's mind/self-worth, even after they come to Jesus

First, let me say, I know many people who have been through that thanks to the sick world we live in.

But, how many use that as an excuse???

No, it was not their fault they were abused, but that doesn't mean they are not responsible for other things in their lives!

Of course, those that need to understand that are not here reading this, but that is the case much too often.

Just my thoughts.  Chris was much more patient than I would be.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 08:58:27 PM »
It breaks my heart that this man was abused as a child. How terrible that must have been! Unfortunately, his delivery of this information is a bit off. He seems to be using it as a defense, shielding himself against Biblical correction. A passage came to mind that I recently read. Hopefully I am interpreting it correclty.

Luke‬ 13:1-5‬ KJV‬‬
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »
I think those particular verses are addressing the belief that these people died as a punishment for their particular sins, and Jesus is saying that they weren't any worse than everyone else and that we're all doomed to die and face eternal judgement. The only way we can be saved is through repentance.

I believe the teaching on respecting persons is more appropriate here, as this guy seems to think he deserves special treatment because of what he's been through.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 10:41:33 PM »
Thank you for clarification, Jeanne. That makes sense. The word above was throwing me off. I was reading it as if they thought the Galilaeans were better than others because of their suffering. I have a KJV study Bible, but I hesitate to read the notes because some of them are inaccurate. Obviously, I could use some help with interpreting what I read! I think that is why a lot of people choose the other versions and do not realize they are corrupt. I am praying that God helps me better understand His Word.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:44:02 PM by Laura »