Author Topic: (VIDEO) The Truth About Feminism pt. 9  (Read 427 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
(VIDEO) The Truth About Feminism pt. 9
« on: March 06, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 33
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: (VIDEO) The Truth About Feminism pt. 9
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:40:30 PM »
Hi Chris

Pt.9 is accidentally listed as Pt.8 in the audio download folder.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:54:00 PM »
fixed
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 04:54:35 AM »
I was listening to the last teaching again that began with the reading of the gospel of Matthew.

Jesus almost certainly allowed the devils to go into the heard of swine and thereby causing their death because the Jews were not allowed to keep pigs or to eat any pig meat. 

Matthew 8:30-32 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.  So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Leviticus 11:7-8 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Leviticus 11:26 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
The carcases of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.

With him performing miracles and also informing them of their obligations under the Law they would have been really uncomfortable having him in their presence.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 07:12:42 AM »
I agree that pigs were unclean for Jews but it's not clear whether the Gergesenes (referred to in Mark and Luke as Gadarenes, unless it was a different event) were actually Jewish or not.

I know Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable source on the 'net but it was the best I could find:

Many New Testament manuscripts refer to the "Country of the Gadarenes" or "Gerasenes" rather than the Gergesenes. Both Gerasa and Gadara were cities to the east of the Sea of Galilee and the River Jordan. They were both Gentile cities filled with citizens who were culturally more Greek than Semitic; this would account for the pigs in the biblical account. Gerasa and Gadara are accounted for in historical accounts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gergesa

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »
Maybe I'm stretching this, but I don't recall Scripture saying they couldn't keep pigs. They weren't allowed to eat them, and they weren't allowed to touch them, but you don't have to touch or eat them to keep them. Pigs are kinda' like the original garbage disposal; they have their uses; although, what you're saying was very likely since people don't typically keep a herd of pigs for any other reason that I'm familiar with.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 09:29:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies Jeanne & Chris

An interesting view of the situation of those who Jesus came in to contact with would possibly be that they were Israelites but didn't know it and they thought they were just the usual gentiles.  Those of the lost ten tribes of Israel were quite likely still living in the same area but they had blended in with the gentile population that no-one and not even themselves knew of their lineage.  Nevertheless by fathers having sons and their sons sons etc their true lineage was still there and they were still the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  When Jesus met certain people, he knew exactly who he was talking to.

Fast forward to today.

In the book of Revelation we read that there will be 12,000 sealed from each of the tribes of Israel.

Revelation 7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. 5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. 6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand. 7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. 8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

We might even be some of these people.

Offline stevesams

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 10:07:10 PM »
Pigs or wild hogs are considered a nuisance animal therefore they can be hunted  year around. According to the Washington Post, wild pigs cause an estimated $1.5 billion in damage nationwide each year. They are established in 47 states, making them one of the most invasive species in the country. They destroy crops, will attack younger animals such as deer, and will pretty much bring a farm to ruin.
Steve

James 1:22

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 06:43:59 AM »
Hi Steve

From what you wrote that is something I have never considered i.e. that the swine may have been a wild herd.  Tunnel vision on my part.

We have wild pigs introduced into New Zealand as well and they also cause lots of problems with destroying a lot of native fauna and flora.  That wild pork sure does taste good.  A relative of mine called Barry Crump even wrote a novel called "Wild Pork And Watercress".