Author Topic: (ARTICLE) Predestination VS Free Will  (Read 158 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: (ARTICLE) Predestination VS Free Will
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 07:41:19 PM »
An excellent teaching Chris

The joy we have had over the many years of having veils lifted away from our eyes.  The Word of God is like a baker exactly following a well established recipe or an engineer machining a part exactly as on the drawing and we are even given the extra help in that if we have any difficulty we only have to ask.  If one doesn't carefully follow the instructions then the finished item probably goes in the bin.

Matthew 7:7-14 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I'm not into music and I can't really be bothered looking it up who the singer was, but all of the church buildings I have ever been in they might as well have been singing the song "I Did It My Way".
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline stevesams

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
Re: (ARTICLE) Predestination VS Free Will
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
I read this article yesterday and was really taken back by it especially this part:

"every choice you are going to make today has already been made in eternity. In eternity, you've already died and been buried. In eternity, the events in the book of Revelation have already taken place. However, inside of time, we haven't caught up with those events yet, and so you still have a choice and decisions to make; it's just that outside of time, you've already made those choices".

I understand the difference in time and eternity.  Understanding God is eternal; I never looked at it as He lives in the past, present, and future.  In my finite mind; that makes sense to me.

I came across these verses that helped with more understanding.

Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Ephesians 1:4 - According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Isaiah 46:10 - Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

My 9 year old daughter (Jordyn) asked me when God was born. I knew how to answer an adult with that but trying to explain eternity past to her was really difficult.  I didn't want to leave her with "just believe its true" answer, but again it was hard to explain the relationship of the Godhead and how they are One and have always been. 
Steve

James 1:22