Author Topic: (BOOK) Marriage: What Christians Should Know  (Read 10214 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(BOOK) Marriage: What Christians Should Know
« on: November 16, 2018, 05:50:18 PM »
This is completely rewritten and many times longer than the previous article. This is now a full-length book, and I hope that it helps many Christians understand the foundation of marriage and come out from the deceptions that are taught in many church buildings and by many new-age, so-called "Christian" authors.
https://www.creationliberty.com/articles/marriage.php
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 02:49:56 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: (ARTICLE) Marriage: What Christians Should Know
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 12:43:01 AM »
I'm just reading the part about wedding bells. I've heard this term used a LOT, but I can't recall bells ever being rung at any of the many wedding I've attended in my lifetime.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »
I'm just reading the part about wedding bells. I've heard this term used a LOT, but I can't recall bells ever being rung at any of the many wedding I've attended in my lifetime.

I had bells rung at my wedding in 1992.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 07:00:45 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what kind of bells were they? Were they church bells, hand bells, or what? (I went to a Catholic wedding once as a kid; it was for our next-door neighbour, but I can't recall if they had bells or not.)

Masha

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 04:02:37 AM »
In Europe you will find a church with tower and bells in every village, even small villages. Traditionally church towers have bells, because they were used to tell (the local population) the time and alarm the people in case of an emergency. So in the 'old' church buildings you will have bells in the tower. Those are also rung with weddings, funerals and other gatherings in the church. So if you get married in a churchbuilding, automatically they will ring the bells.
Thank you Chris for all the hard work. I am still reading through the article/book, I am very happy you wrote it! Praise the Lord!

Raymond

Re: (BOOK) Marriage: What Christians Should Know
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 11:39:41 PM »
I'm unsure about some aspects of divorce and remarriage. Obviously fornication gives legitimate grounds for divorce, and a writ of divorcement it breaks the legal contract, but afterwards are both parties eligible to remarry? Or is it just the innocent party? Does repentance make a difference one way or the other? Is this one of the ways a man becomes a eunich? Scripture to back any answer please.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 11:29:39 AM »
Did you read the book?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Raymond

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 07:36:04 PM »
I did, I'll have to read it again. It's not really clear as to whether the "guilty party" can remarry. I'd like to think as long as the marriage is dissolved legally that there wouldn't be an issue legally. I'd like to think as long as there's God given repentance in the guilty party remarriage would be fine; but the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked after all, so I am hesitant to trust mine.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 08:00:42 PM »
If you're not the guilty party, then why does it matter?

Raymond

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 08:33:30 PM »
But I am, and that's the issue.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 11:44:55 PM »
Okay, now I'm confused because I'm pretty sure did answer that matter in the book. I'm not sure what to say now because I don't know what it was that you missed.

Jephte21

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 02:00:28 AM »
Have you given her a bill of divorcement ? if you already did then I'm not sure if you can remarry.

Matthew 19:9 KJV
 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

But if she is not married to someone else yet, you can always try to get things works out between you and her and apologize for all the things you did wrong to her , and if she's willing to be with you again you can always praise God for that. And try to be a better leader, a better husband in your home.

Raymond

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 05:06:45 AM »
Actually shes the one that gave me a bill of divorcement. The ins and outs of my situation get kind of complex, many other details involved, but in the end I repented to her and she initially forgave me but then used it as grounds for divorce. Because I knew how hard her heart was and because I had no more fight left in me, I allowed it to happen. At the time we were both false converts. I had since converted, but I know she hasn't (still an active member of our old Word Faith church).

I'll keep reading and meditating over it. Although I still have the desire to marry and have kids, it's not like I'm looking to do it next week. In fact since my conversion I've come to understand that I could only ever marry another true convert, and since we're about as rare as hen's teeth I'd probably have a long wait ahead of me anyhow.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 10:37:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure I answered that in chapter 4. Are you sure you read the new book that I wrote on it (via the link in the initial post of this thread), and not the old article?
http://creationliberty.com/articles/marriage.php#4
That is the link to chapter 4. If I did not answer that matter, please let me know.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 09:18:55 AM »
I've finally gotten back into proofreading this and ran across this bit:

When parents asked the bureaucrats what gave them jurisdiction, the bureaucrats answered, 'your marriage license and their birth certificates.'

Does this mean that Christians shouldn't get birth certificates for their kids, either? How do you avoid it?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 07:21:49 PM »
I've finally gotten back into proofreading this and ran across this bit:

When parents asked the bureaucrats what gave them jurisdiction, the bureaucrats answered, 'your marriage license and their birth certificates.'

Does this mean that Christians shouldn't get birth certificates for their kids, either? How do you avoid it?

Without a birth certificate children legally don't exist. I'm not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing. They would not be able to get a drivers license nor many other things. Someone without a birth certificate, and therefore no ID whatsoever, could only participate in anonymous activities in our society which would be extremely limiting, I suppose.
I couldn't imagine.  But I've been steeped in our society for 53 years so that is no surprise.

All I know for sure is that Paul used his citizenship of Rome to spread the Gospel to where he otherwise probably couldn't have:

Acts 25:12 KJV  Then Festus, when he had conferred with the council, answered, Hast thou appealed unto Caesar? unto Caesar shalt thou go.

It also saved him from a beating:

Acts 22:25-26 KJV  And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said unto the centurion that stood by, Is it lawful for you to scourge a man that is a Roman, and uncondemned? When the centurion heard that, he went and told the chief captain, saying, Take heed what thou doest: for this man is a Roman.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:38:42 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »
I realise the problems inherent in 'not existing' in the eyes of the State, but if a birth certificate means that the State owns the children rather than the parents... I don't know. I would hate to see those with nefarious purposes practice this (human/child trafficking is bad enough as it is). But for Christians who want to raise their kids Biblically instead of the way the government wants them to, it seems that is the only way.

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 01:09:06 AM »
I am not finished reading this and already my heart has been pricked by realization of my past wickedness with this topic. God has already been getting me in the direction to see this whether it was by losing interest in wearing my wedding band for at least the last few years to literally donating my wedding dress today after losing all sentiment I have had towards it. I know why I am here. There are articles with several topics that I have had some kind of suspicion that things may be off but I just do not have the knowledge of yet. The one thing that got me was getting to the marriage license part. I completely lost it. The deception runs so deep. A reminder yet again why I need Jesus.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 05:43:38 PM »
Why donate it? Thayer will only put a nether into the same tradition your eyes were open to avoid

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 07:23:28 PM »
True. I definitely should have thought of it that way. Thank you for pointing that out.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.