Author Topic: Here's a bad CS Lewis quote...  (Read 1433 times)

Zack

Here's a bad CS Lewis quote...
« on: November 12, 2018, 08:15:48 PM »
I keep hearing CS Lewis quotes in 'Churchianity' environments.  Why oh why do they exalt this guy?  And how is this hack job on scripture ok ??

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up"

-CS Lewis

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things

-1 Corinthians 13:11

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Here's a bad CS Lewis quote...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:51:16 PM »
Zack, you do have to understand, at least from my standpoint, that when people usually exalt someone, they do so blindly. Growing up I was only taught the "good" (Actually evil) things that Martin Luther King Jr., feminism, civil rights movements, and others did. I was never shown the quote that King rejected Christ, that feminism started in witchcraft, that the "counterculture" of the sixties was nothing more than a group demonically possessed addicts, and I was never taught that other races could be racist, too. I was in the dark about such things because those in charge wanted me to be in the dark about any incident in history. That included C.S. Lewis and all of his friends.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Here's a bad CS Lewis quote...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »
They quote  C.S. Lewis because they know his work more than scripture. New age do not like the true word of God. There are churches all around me that the bible is band reading. So they replaced it with words of man. I have been trying to find bibles here for the church that want to know the word of god, but is been very hard. Most are new age or catholic bible. I had Christians say they will send some to me but it has been a year and nothing. If Christians would put down  C.S. Lewis and pick up the bible instead, maybe I can get the people here a bible and they too can learn the word of god.  C.S. Lewis is not the problem, it is the lust of the hearts of man. You know I bet if you were able to tell Christians the the writer of the walking dead was Christian and he wrote it to tell the bible in a different way, most Christians will flock in to watch it. Sad just so sad