Author Topic: How to deal with CCM radio sponsors  (Read 194 times)

Offline LABcrab

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
  • First Name: Alex
  • Belief: Christianity
How to deal with CCM radio sponsors
« on: February 13, 2017, 03:10:53 PM »
Many companies sponsor my local radio station, CHRI, because they believe they are doing the right thing by sponsoring a format that is called family-friendly. I will list some of these sponsors because not long ago, I considered supporting these companies because they sponsored CHRI:
  • Armprior Chrystler
  • Books for Christ
  • City Kidz Ottawa (ministry)
  • Dekker Team (real estate)
  • FaithLife Financial
  • Geerts Roofing
  • Israel Bonds
  • J.D. Swallow Heating & Cooling Contractors
  • Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
  • More Than Enough Financial Fitness
  • Ottawa Catholic School Board (>_<)
  • Pita Pit (not sure if still sponsoring)
  • Travel-Net Communications

Note that for companies like Menchie's and Pita Pit, only some Ottawa locations sponsor it, so it's not a company-wide effort. Nevertheless, I saw Menchie's sponsorship downtown, blaring "Hello Sunshine" by BarlowGirl on CHRI in the Byward Market. Likewise, I visited the nearby Pita Pit.

Plus, CHRI sponsored CCM concerts in 2016. Here are YouTube videos where I rebuked these concerts with English and French pamphlets:

What should a Christian do in light of local supposedly Christian stations that play a CCM format? Are the teachings like Insight for Living, In Touch Ministries, Back to the Bible Canada and Grace to You any good, despite false teachers like Joyce Meyer and Rick Warren airing? What about the sponsors who fund the station? Is it wrong to visit these sponsors? What would be the difference between boycotting a CCM sponsor such as those in the list and boycotting a Planned Parenthood sponsor such as Katy Perry or Lady Gaga?

Speaking of which, some of you may have read my BarlowGirl (http://CreationLiberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=376) thread. The lines are increasingly blurred because Lauren Barlow and her family are now endorsing Lady Gaga. Either she is getting no opposition to this or she is censoring her opponents, but just like Jesus said, she has her reward with vain popularity on Instagram. What these wolves do makes me sad.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 33
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: How to deal with CCM radio sponsors
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 05:22:18 PM »
How to deal with them? Lorraine and I don't listen to any of it, or watch any of it because we have more important things to work on. That solved the problem in our house.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings