strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
« on: November 21, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »
My favorite parts of the bible are the parts that seem to have a mystery to them. The 144000 is one of those mystery.  When I do figure out the mystery in gods word, I call it a bible discovery. I would like to share with you a bible discovery with you and see what all of you think.

The 144000 in revelation do tell us who it will be. They will be saints, they have to be part of the 12 tribes of Israel. I was looking into a nether mystery in the bible when I by my 0wn conscious can

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: 144000
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 09:41:23 PM »
There really isn't much of a mystery as to who the 144,000 are:

Revelation 7:4-8 KJV  And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

Revelation 14:4-5 KJV  These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 02:10:58 AM »
The only real 'mystery' I find in this passage is, what happened to the tribe of Dan? Manasseh and Joseph are both listed. Joseph was broken into two tribes; Manasseh and Ephraim, so technically, there WAS no 'tribe of Joseph' in the OT.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 04:57:38 PM »
I know they are from the tribes, but they might be the ones who rose from the Grave when Jesus was on the cross

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 09:57:42 PM »
Hi Billy

Preceeding the sealing

Revelation 7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

and then after the sealing

Revelation 8 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9 and the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11 and the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. 13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

and if you read on further it becomes evident that these are events that have not happened yet.

I hope this helps.

Hence that Dan isn't mentioned as one of the tribes with 12,000 sealed is very puzzling.

It is also interesting that ALL of the GREEN grass is burned up.  Dry and brown grass you could easily understand   .....  but green grass doesn't burn very well (i.e. not at all).  This is also very puzzling to me.  All I can think is that the poisoned water kills the grass, turns it brown and dead and when dry it burns. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 09:27:48 PM »
If Jesus rase the dead from the Grave to be seen by men could they still be alive hear on earth today?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:49:25 PM »
No. They would have died again just as the people who were raised from the dead in the OT by the prophets, and the people who Jesus raised while He was on earth. Lazarus died again; he's not still roaming around here. And I certainly don't think any of those people would WANT to be here. To have to still be alive on earth instead of with Christ in heaven would be a HORRIBLE punishment!

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »
Ya that is a long time to be here on earth. What do you think about the bible verse when they seen Jesus go into heaven and then they saw angle tell them why do you marvel? Shurly you should not see death tell you see Jesus return. Are the ones who seen Jesus go to heaven the 2 witness in revelation?