Author Topic: Hi again  (Read 4130 times)

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Yeb
  • Belief: Christian
Hi again
« on: September 23, 2018, 01:06:19 PM »
Hi, I registered on this forum before on July 05, 2017. Unfortunately, I could not find my posts in the waybackmachine web.archive.org.
Hereby I create a new introduction.

When I was young I went to a traditional reformed church. This was only because I was forced by my parents. Here the labarum symbol was used (http://creationliberty.com/articles/religioncatholic.php).

Since I was 12 years I learned a lot of false doctrine from charismatic and Pentecostal communities.

I am 45 years old. Since many years I don

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Hi again
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 01:59:47 PM »
Yeb, your post cut off. It's a glitch in the forum software, but if you try to copy/paste from somewhere or make a post from a mobile device, the post will cut off wherever there is an apostrophe. You can't use apostrophes when posting from a mobile device and if you copy/paste from somewhere else, you have to go back and replace all the apostrophes. It's a pain, but nothing we can do about it.

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 03:42:02 PM »
I used Word to check my spelling. This is the last part.

Since many years I don't attend any church building.
I follow the teachings of CLE since 2015. I found it on YouTube. I still have a huge backlog of articles to read and audio teachings.
It helps me to understand Scripture i.e. the Word of God.

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »
Hi Yeb,

I noticed you are living in The Netherlands. So am I. What part of The Netherlands are you living? I am living in Almere.
I am a member of CLE since August this year. I am a bit older than you.
I came out of the pentecostal movement, I was in a Rafael fellowship for about 20 years. Thanks to internet and YouTube, and  of course the Spirit of God, I came to realize the pentecostal movement is a cult.
I hope you will find my reply, hope to get to know you better,
God bless,
Joop

Masha

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 06:25:57 AM »
Hi Yeb, good that you registered again. Welcome! We Dutch people are becoming quite a number here:-) that is a blessing!

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 05:09:31 PM »
This is a bit off topic, but I've always wondered when and why Holland changed its name to the Netherlands...

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 06:03:03 PM »
This is a bit off topic, but I've always wondered when and why Holland changed its name to the Netherlands...

Holland actually only means the two provinces of Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. However, the name Holland is often used when all of the Netherlands is meant.

I wondered the same a few years back and looked it up.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 06:43:08 AM »
What part of The Netherlands are you living?

Hi Joop, I live close to the city Utrecht since 2009. Until now it has been easy to find work here close to my house.
Before that I lived in Friesland.

Usually I read the forum during travelling to/from work (in the bus), but don't post anything.

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 07:16:17 AM »
Holland actually only means the two provinces of Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. However, the name Holland is often used when all of the Netherlands is meant.

I wondered the same a few years back and looked it up.

The name Holland was already used since at least 1101, it was split in two parts in 1840. The emphasis on Holland during the formation of the Dutch Republic, the Eighty Years' War and the Anglo-Dutch Wars in the 16th, 17th and 18th century, made Holland serve as a pars pro toto ( "a part (taken) for the whole") for the entire country.

Holland paid by far the most taxes for the eighty years war against the Spanish (around 1600) and also many other wars in other parts of the world.

Masha

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »
I love history. The republic founded in 1840 was actually called Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden: Republic of seven netherlands. It was a union between several city-states. The dominant of those was indeed Holland, and that is why the name is commonly used. We also have adopted the dialect from that part of Holland as a standard voor Algemeen Beschaafd Nederlands ; Dutch.
Belgium used to be also part of the Netherlands, but seperated in 1830.
What I find most interesting about our history is that religious wars were fought along with the territorial one. Like the war against the spanish was in fact a war against the oppression of the catholics.
You wouldn't tell from the poor state the country is in now, but it used to be a home to many true believers in Christ, many of which fled persecution in other part of the world. 

Joop

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 09:21:33 AM »
Since I was 12 years I learned a lot of false doctrine from charismatic and Pentecostal communities.

I understand you were in charismatic / pentecostal churches? Could you 'speak in tongues'? How did you come out of the charismatics?

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 11:28:12 AM »

I understand you were in charismatic / pentecostal churches? Could you 'speak in tongues'? How did you come out of the charismatics?

At young age I got involved in charismatic movement in a youth summer camp (multiple times, age around 12-16 years), in that time I went to reformed (Gereformeerd) church buildings. Later I have been in charismatic / pentecostal church buildings. I did never speak in tongues (don't know why I could not do it).
It's easy to come out of it, just don't go there anymore. I didn't actually learn anything there (the doctrine changes all the time), and people in groups tend to fight each other.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
-John 10:27

So the sheep of God or Jesus should immediately recognize false teachers / doctrine. The sheep of God also don't need a warning.

Joop

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
So the sheep of God or Jesus should immediately recognize false teachers / doctrine

Yes, they should. However, that's not always the case. I came out of catholicism and joined a pentecostal church (Volle Evangelie , full gospel) when a was about 20. There was a lot of truth and I was told you should be baptized in the holy Spirit and as a result I would (or could) speak in tongues. I was told some truth, half-truths and lies. It is a long story.
I thought I could speak in tongues, however I didn't do that a lot.

The sheep of God also don't need a warning.
Yes, they do sometimes! I needed it. I learned a lot from Christian sites on the internet. Non-charismatic sites. It took me some time to study the whole subject about speaking in tongues. Finally I had to leave the charismatic (Rafael) denomination I was part of for about 20 years.
I wished I was warned long time ago. I warning have warned other members from that Rafael-church, it is very hard to reach them.
Most churches teach some error. Like Calvinism, Pretrib rapture (Opname voor de Grote Verdrukking), infant baptism, new-age influences.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plaques.  Rev 18:4

Are you part of a local church?

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 04:41:55 PM »
I am not part of a local church. I am fine with that.