Author Topic: Holy spirit  (Read 2603 times)

Paul Sr

Holy spirit
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:05:59 PM »
Was Jesus filled with the holy spirit?
And was he water baptized before he went into ministry?

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Holy spirit
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 06:51:10 PM »
Luke -
3-21Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 09:37:14 AM »
Please, I want to be corrected if I am wrong, but I think this question is not one we can understand.

As Zach quoted, Jesus was baptized and filled with the spirit.  But wasn't Jesus also the Spirit?  God in 3 persons? 

Just my thoughts.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Masha

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 10:53:48 AM »
Strange question indeed: Jesus is God, so He and the Spirit are one, like He is one with the Father,... right??

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 05:57:54 PM »
This is my understanding,  Jesus Christ and God and the Holy spirit are all the same thing but again they are all different.  Think of it like our bodies.  Our bodies are made of Water, Flesh, a soul, the heart etc. They are all different but it all makes one body, so it is all one, but it is all different.  Dont take my word for it, Im just a man, but research and pray to understand. 

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 11:02:33 PM »
Zach rightly answered with Luke. I think it would be helpful though for you to define what you mean by "filled with the HOLY SPIRIT". Luke mentions that the SPIRIT descended like a dove. JESUS had the SPIRIT before this time though, illustrated by how at twelve years old in Luke 2 HE was teaching Scripture, also as the others have mentioned GOD is one.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 05:33:00 AM »
Luke -
3-21Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Surely done for the benefit of those present at the time and for our benefit too.  An interesting situation with the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit all being clearly manifested to the world at the same time.  One of those situations when you just wish you could have been there and seen and heard all of this happening.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »
Yeah I know Kevin.  Its hard to live in a world where it seems like 99% of the world are unbelievers.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 05:43:23 PM »
That is a very good point Kevin!  Thank you for sharing that.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13