Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2623 times)

Paul Sr

Greetings
« on: November 08, 2018, 04:40:17 PM »
Hello again,

My name is Paul I'm from Washington State. I was raised in a Pentecostal church from the time I was 4 years old. I am now 33 years old and sanctified myself and family from that wicked organization. The church I attended was apart of the assembly of God. After struggling with sin and in and out of church, constantly defeated I hit rock bottom. I came to a place of repentance and the holy spirit lead me away from the AOG. I feel like I'm the only one here. When I try to talk to other so called Christian's or even family they think I'm crazy or extreme.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:22:47 PM »
Oh, believe me, you are NOT alone! My mother has been attending the same Presbyterian church for well over 50 years and I printed out a bunch of articles from the CLE website to send to her. (She doesn't have a computer and is completely techno-illiterate.) She did read them, but now thinks I am in a cult because those articles attacked everything she believes in from holidays to 501(c)(3) and tithing, among other things. She also didn't like the criticism of some of her favourite preachers like Billy Graham and John MacArthur.

Many of us here have experienced the same type of rejection from friends and family, so you're in good company.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »
Yes, I have been accused of being in a cult many, many times.  They, often willfully, don't see they are the ones involved in a cult.  It is very sad.

Welcome Paul!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »
Hi Paul,

No, you are not alone! I came out of a pentecostal denomination too. I was in a pentecostal church which was part of the Foursquare group. I was a member for over 20 years. After studying the meaning of 'speaking in tongues' I came to realize it was all nonsence (gibberish, superstition). I left this church more than 3 years ago.
I am from The Netherlands. Yes, I can speak in a tongue, the Dutch tongue ;). It won't be edifying for you though.
Welcome, Paul!

Masha

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 10:52:42 AM »
Hi Paul, be encouraged. I too have been accused of being in a cult, a freak, an extremist, crazy, fanatic, and many more nasty things I cant even remember. My faith in Jesus Christ and His Word is rejected by most of my family and former friends. I have felt like I was the only one for a long time as I kept on finding churches that taught false doctrine and all kind of wickedness. But I have come to realise that there is a remnant of true believers, small but they are out there!! They are not as many as I thought there should be when I first was saved, and most of what is called Christian has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. I am glad that you found this forum, I hope it will be a blessing to you. WELCOME!!

MAtthew 5 : 11, Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely,for my sake.
    12, Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
Hi Paul,

I understand your feeling alone and others calling you extreme. It is great to have a community of supporters on here who are of like mind. It is nice to meet you!

Laura