Author Topic: Mockers/scoffers  (Read 2645 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Mockers/scoffers
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
I just thought of the reason why atheists/evolutionists mock and make fun of Christians. For example the whole thing about Noah's Ark, "you believe kangaroos hopped all the way to the middle east, you moron!" or "You don't believe missing links/transitional fossils exist, every creature to ever exist is a missing link, you liars". The reason why: That is the only thing they can do besides rage at us, they know in their hearts that God exists and everything the Bible says is true, so they mock without evidence or understanding believing they are the most intelligent people in the world, above us, superstitious idiots following a dumb old book, while following their intelligent brains and good hearts knowing they are good people, incapable of doing evil.

Am I correct in saying this?
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Mockers/scoffers
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »
Yes, scripture confirms your analysis:

Psalm 111:10 KJV
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 12:53:08 PM »
Thanks, Kenneth for pointing that out.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 01:18:03 PM »
More to your point, I think you're looking for Romans 1.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
-Rom 1:18-19

It took me many years after I was saved before I ever figured out what that meant. That which is may be known of God is the knowledge of the existence and power of God, but due to their unrighteousness (i.e. sin), they hold that truth, meaning that they hold it back and refuse to confess it. That's why I tell them that they don't accept atheism/evolutionism because of their science, they accept it because of their sin. They don't accept it because of their logic, they accept it because of their lust.

Therefore, the heathen rage.

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
-Psalm 2:1-4

Derision means that God will treat them as vile and worthless, like a judge would treat a murderer in a courtroom, otherwise known as 'contempt', but the key note about derision is that this contempt is held with laughter. Meaning that, even though God does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked, it will be a glorious and joyous day when the wicked souls are thrown into the lake of fire, and it is because of the knowledge of His wrath on the Day of Judgment that we exercise patience and persuade men unto repentance and the great mercy of God.

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
-2Ti 2:24-25

For example, that is why you don't see me quick to anger on this forum, and even with those who mock and jeer, I try to give them a chance because, especially lately, I've been praying for God's mercy and charity to be built up in me, so I can better serve Him. That's also why you don't see me give over to passions on my teachings, or that I try not to, because I'm trying to be patient, and simply give the information about God's Word as best I can, so that no man (including me) is deceived by my passions, in hopes that all who would hear would repent (i.e. have grief and godly sorrow) of their sins, and then turn from those sins and sanctify themselves.

On the off-chance you run into anyone who claims to be of Christ who mocks and scoffs, and they do exist, then that's called railing, and we not only kick them out of the church, but we do not fellowship with them in anyway, not even to sit down to have a meal with them.

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
-1Co 5:9-13
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »
That is also a very Good Point, too, Christopher, It is always nice to talk to people who not only serve the Lord but always gives good answers, (No relation to the paradoxically named Answers in Genesis ;D)