Author Topic: New job  (Read 5662 times)

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
  • Belief: Christian
New job
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:45:30 AM »
Well everyone, Im starting a new job today that the Lord has allowed me to have.  Im nervous but if anyone would pray for me that I stay strong in the spirit, that I dont give in to vain discussions and that I stick up for the Lord at times when needed.  There has been times that I havent and I regret it, but its hard to speak up when an entire facility will ridicule you for your stances.  If this is a selfish request forgive me, and correct me.  Thanks!

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
Re: New job
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 09:26:59 AM »
If that is not an appropriate prayer request, I will need correction too.  I am praying for you right now!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »
I have been fired from jobs for wrong things I've done, where I have been selfish and lazy. I've also been fired from jobs for doing what's right and there were wicked men in charge. I also understand both sides of your plight. I would only pray that you are richly blessed for the prosperity of your family.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »
Hi Zack

Just dropping a posting to give you my support too. 

I work in a place where I am hated for my unwavering Christian stance on multiple topics.  They love the work I do but they hate me for the comments and the information I try to provide about vaccination and cancer drugs and abortion and feminism and other religions and Roman Catholicism and everything else that is going on in the world.  Work is just work and these people aren't your friends, they are just the other people you work around in order to make income for living.

Sometimes I look forward to the day when they have just totally had enough of me and sack me.  Lucky for me I live in a country that has a severe skill shortage.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 04:31:34 PM »
Thank you Tonya, Christopher, and Kevin!  My first day was well and nothing wrong came up.  I had an interview for this job about a month ago and I prayed that the Lord would allow me to have this job or just a job in general.  I called every week for about 3 weeks and they blew me off every time so I had pretty much given up on it.  I just found out today that a guy who had worked there for 22 years just up and quit on friday and didnt tell anybody.  So they called me that same day, Friday.  Idk if its just chance or an answered prayer.     Kevin,  What is your skill?  This position is CNC Machinist.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 07:24:41 PM »
Hey, wow Zach, I used to be a CNC machinist and CNC programmer, I'm a fitter, turner & machinist by trade.  Years ago I got interested in the biological sciences and completed a course in medical laboratory technology but couldn't get a job so I then went to university and completed a degree in biochemistry and with microbiology being a major part of that.

Although I work now mainly doing development work for agriculture and horticulture and other development work I'm still basically just a machinist but combining that with science to do prototyping work and lots of other stuff. 

I work in the School of Pharmacy at the university I work for    ......  I work right in the lion's den undermining the false teachings of evolution and vaccination etc.  Some staff, including my immediate boss, are very hostile towards me. 

What CNC are you working on?  I used to work on Okuma LC40 and Howa NC7 lathes with Fanuc 5 controllers (late 1970's - early 1980's) plus a few machining centres.  As well as CNC we had all the rest of the usual automatic lathes and mills etc.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 08:09:41 PM »
I just started on a Haas Mill and a mori seiki lathe.  thats all i know.  For now Im just a button pusher but the talk is to be sent to training to learn the programming.   That sounds really interesting.  Do you enjoy it?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 09:21:22 PM »
I haven't done CNC programming since the 1980's and I've fairly much forgotten most of what I learned. 

GCode isn't difficult though.  I'm in the process of slowly building myself a 4 Axis CNC machine at home.  There is LinuxCNC these days and Mach3, but lately I've been most in to TurboCNC and looking at combining the use of that with PyCAM.

My main reason for getting back in to it the last couple of years is so that maybe I can start my own business being self employed or even working for a small business here that still runs the Howa NC7's.  If I ever do get fired from here the guy with the Howa NC7's would probably employ me straight away. 

A few years back I visited his business just to try and buy a piece of steel for a job I was working on and when I saw his machines I got in to a discussion with him and he offered me a job on the spot.  Needless to say I didn't take it but at least I now know it is an option if I ever need it in the future.  The guy was desperate for someone who knew about the machines and they were sitting idle because he couldn't find anyone with the skills to set them up and run them.  I sorted out a whole lot of information and emailed it to him so maybe he was able to get them running himself.  I've been meaning to check up and see how he got on.

Where I worked we had a really nice Mori Seiki lathe too.

Sorry to all the other readers here for this being a bit of an engineering type post too.

Masha

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 02:15:18 AM »
:-) didnt get any of the chinese in your posts, ... but I will pray for Zack!

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 03:22:24 AM »
Thank you Masha!

Tristan David Smith

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »

Sorry to all the other readers here for this being a bit of an engineering type post too.

no need to apologise, chinese though it may be, you have given me some starting points to go and read up on so for that i thank you, this and reading your comments has elucidated me on just why i need to make myself as valuable and irreplaceable as i reasonably can to my employers, especially because they expect me to outright lie to people in potential situations in my job as part of a duty of care(not even going to try putting anything in apostrophes or quotation marks) which thankfully havent arisen so far.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »
Our merciful God will NEVER turn His back on you for your honesty. I can remember very many seemingly "bad" things happen to people because they were honest, but years later, what happened turned out to be good for them.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Tristan David Smith

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 01:26:39 PM »
Our merciful God will NEVER turn His back on you for your honesty. I can remember very many seemingly "bad" things happen to people because they were honest, but years later, what happened turned out to be good for them.

upon reading this i immediately had the impulse to react with emotional outrage at what i believed to be the unjustified implication that i said something which implies that i believe God would turn his back on me for being honest, however reading what i said again i full well see that it can actually be implied that i thought this from what i said and i my attitude in saying that is likely to be surmise-able as what you said, i thank you for the rebuke it has given me things to reflect on that i believe i was willfully ignorant to.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »
I hadn't even considered that. That's why I said "your honesty," because I assumed you were honest in your work, and I remember in Scripture that God is always good unto those who are honest.

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 04:20:58 PM »
I dont understand why people are saying my post is Chinese, I typed it all in English and it reads English for me??  lol 

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 05:26:38 PM »
I dont understand why people are saying my post is Chinese, I typed it all in English and it reads English for me??  lol

;D  It's because CNC stuff might as well be Chinese to the usual reader of the forum.  I think they might have been commenting more about my posting rather than yours.

After reading that you were on Haas mills in a previous post I visited the Haas website to see what information they had available.  They have all of the manuals freely available for download so they would be the best reading to start with in your situation. 

Once you become so valuable and indispensible when dishonest situations arise you only then need to start commenting about other jobs that might be out there and truly start looking and you will find that they are the ones who start backing down because they don't want to lose a highly skilled and HONEST employee.

Tristan David Smith

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 05:59:00 PM »
I hadn't even considered that. That's why I said "your honesty," because I assumed you were honest in your work, and I remember in Scripture that God is always good unto those who are honest.

my mistake, perhaps i misunderstood, in my work i have been very careful to be honest, God has been very good to me with this job when i consider all i have gained from working, especially an eagerness to work, it is perfectly situated from where i have come to live, i walk about 50 min to and from work, my hours allow me to keep the part time job i had before as well in which my boss there is eager in his work and grateful to and openly thanks God for all he has given him, in mentioning the expectation to lie at work i will elaborate, it is a dementia home primarily, however for the most part the people who work there are not fond of dementia training part of which involves what they call white lies, i am not a carer, i clean the dishes for the place throughout the day, so to clarify it is expected in the training that should it arise i should play in to the residents delusions, which i have not and will not do, because i am terrified of offending God in this by doing damage to them.

Tristan David Smith

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »

;D  It's because CNC stuff might as well be Chinese to the usual reader of the forum.  I think they might have been commenting more about my posting rather than yours.

Once you become so valuable and indispensible when dishonest situations arise you only then need to start commenting about other jobs that might be out there and truly start looking and you will find that they are the ones who start backing down because they don't want to lose a highly skilled and HONEST employee.

i suppose, whilst i actually did understand what you were talking about, i found the reference bemusing because i have had some of my family describe things similarly as to ask for whatever was said to be stated in english, i found your posting quite enjoyable to read.

duly noted

Masha

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 02:18:23 AM »
Im sorry I called the cnc stuff you wrote about chinese. It was meant as a joke, because I didnt understand anything off it, it was like chinese to me. Didnt mean to offend anyone. Forgive me if I did.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 05:28:00 AM »
 :)  No offence taken in any way and the comment was appreciated.