Author Topic: CHARASMANIA  (Read 3190 times)

davehenry

CHARASMANIA
« on: August 19, 2018, 11:12:52 AM »
I came across this link on facebook earlier(hopefully it has posted here) and it took me back to when i was attending an apostolic/charasmatic building,a number of years ago,when an indian man who demanded to be called "Pastor John" appeared out of nowhere claiming he'd been bitten by poisonous snakes and the Lord protected him.Everybody basically hailed him as a hero of some sort and the guy bossed everybody about-so to speak and alot listened and basically worshipped him.
Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city,and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,And saith unto him,If thou be the Son of God,cast thyself down:for it is written,He shall give his angels charge concerning thee:and in [their] hands they shall bear thee up,lest at ant time thy dash thy foot against a stone.Jesus said unto him,It is written again,Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.Matthew 4:5-7
Satan twisted Psalms 91:11-12 there to try and fool the Lord Jesus and he obviously is doing it still today as his tactics have never changed and it's the perfect platform for witches and satanists to infultrate.It just shows what happens when  nobody or nothing is properly tested with the scriptures and signs and wonders are all anybody is interested in and the scriptures are twisted and man is trusted,or could i say satan is trusted ahead of the scriptures,but a famine of the hearing of the word of the Lord is taking place as the Lord promised he would send in Amos 8.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:18:57 AM by davehenry »

Ruth

Re: CHARASMANIA
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 03:01:56 PM »
Thank you for posting this, David.

The scripture you posted above reminded me what I read somewhere, that there are 'churches' where they practice snake handling and use Mark 16:18 as a justification for this.

The 'church' I used to go to used to shout that verse a lot as well, but there wasn't any actual snake handling; there was more emphasis on tongues than much else. From what I've witnessed, I'd say the worship of men is alive and well in these places, or at the very least, doing things to be seen of men.

I feel so foolish sometimes, knowing that I allowed my wicked heart to be deceived into those kind of teachings/practices back then. But I'm also thankful to God that He had mercy on me and I got away from that place.
There were some wonderfully kind and maternal people there, but the false teachings/practices were dangerous.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 03:33:40 PM »
Mark 16:18 KJV  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

when people tell me that they can handle serpents and drink deadly poison I turn around and ask them when was the last time they went to a hospital and healed the sick.
That usually shuts their mouth pretty quick.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Suelong88

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 04:14:38 PM »
Good one Kenneth!

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 05:44:25 PM »
Indeed, what a great response! The local nurses and doctors should all know them intimately, since they ought to have been in those hospitals, healing the sick and teaching the Word of God.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 03:37:18 AM »
If I remember right, the church that worship serpents, I mean with serpents, teach that healing can only be done in the church building. The "church" I am thinking of, pastor died a year or so ago in his church building from snake bite. He had a tv show of his snake worship. And that is what it is worship of there god the snake. Anyways they came u can only be healed in the building

He would be alive today if only he read the bible

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 03:03:18 PM »
If I remember right, the church that worship serpents, I mean with serpents, teach that healing can only be done in the church building. The "church" I am thinking of, pastor died a year or so ago in his church building from snake bite. He had a tv show of his snake worship. And that is what it is worship of there god the snake. Anyways they came u can only be healed in the building

He would be alive today if only he read the bible

Dying of a snake bite in front of the congregation is probably the best teaching the guy has ever done.  That I am reading this now also means his teaching has gone out in to the whole world.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 03:11:31 PM »
What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
-Phl 1:18
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18