Author Topic: An example of the junk I've been getting recently...  (Read 627 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
An example of the junk I've been getting recently...
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »
This is Marsha from Canada:

I just listened to your four part series on the pre-flood world, and while there was a lot of fantastic information there I just wanted to share two things with you...
First, I totally get that you disagree with other creationists and I don't blame you because I do too, but you spend as much time dissing them as you do presenting actual info. I think it's great to give a disclaimer about these groups but I would caution you to not get so carried away in attacking them but rather spend you time presenting facts and truth because ultimately that will win, and is much more respected in the end. Truth and grace!

Yes, grace and truth, and let's ignore any verses that have to do with exposing lies and error because those aren't the happy fun time messages we all enjoy, right?
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
-Eph 5:11
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
-Titus 1:13

What I really don't appreciate about what you wrote in this first paragraph is that exposing error and lies coming from other teachers, according to your email, is not categorized as "presenting facts and truth." You separate facts and truth, and instead call it "attacking" others. You ought to be ashamed for doing that to anyone. Perhaps you should spend more time talking about facts instead of attacking me for sanctifying myself, teaching other Christians to do so, and calling out preachers to repent of their error and lies; does that sound fair?
Thus, I will safely ignore your complaint, as it is the first one I've ever had concerning exposing lies on that subject. Other Christians have written me and told me it opened their eyes and made them more cautious with what they hear, and those in our church have developed a great habit of double checking information before they believe it because of the work I've done to tell the truth on ALL matters, not just the ones that scratch someone's ears.

Secondly, regarding your info on giants, I would urge you to listen to Rob Skiba and his talks about giants and the pre-flood/post-flood civilizations because he backs up his stuff with original Hebrew scripture which I think you will appreciate, and has spent a ton of time studying it.
I don't need the "original Hebrew" when I have the King James Bible. If that's the direction you want to go, what you do in your household is none of my business.

He has awesome info that I think would help to substantiate some of what you teach. I know he's a little blunt and doesn't agree with a lot of his contemporary scholars but goes only based on what he can support with scripture and I think you'll appreciate that. He has a two video series that I would recommend to start with called Babylon rising: Return of the Nephilim and it very much lines up with your own teaching bunt in much more detail.
I realize that you don't understand this yet, and it might upset you to read, but I can already summarize some of the verses he bases his teaching on just on the title alone, and that the context of Scripture does not support what he will teach in certain key areas concerning those verses. (I've got my own teaching planned on giants specifically at a later date.) Because you endorse the man, that tells me certain things about what you believe, or have been taught to believe, as well. However, I'm not getting into specific details of that because you wrote me with vague information, so I'm only giving a vague response.

Thanks for what you do! I'm using your teaching with my daughter who I homeschool, and we study partical physics, Genesis, and creation and how it all fits together so this is really fitting!
That's fantastic. I pray she continues to get a Biblical education that will ground her in the Lord God's doctrines.

I'm shocked at the info about plant growth and that people aren't openly using these technologies to grow better food. I'm tempted to look into it and give it a try - if I succeed I will let you know. You may be interested in a study about how sound affects matter, also done by a Japanese scientist and how it's not just sound vibration but intent of though and words. It's fascinating!
I would be interested to know if you do try it. The kind of stuff we'd need for that is just too costly for Lorraine and I to afford, otherwise she'd probably do it too. (She's become a gardening fanatic; she's starting her own youtube channel soon.) Nonetheless, thank you very much for writing me to tell me about your daughter and your interest in plants. It's rare to find people that home school, and it's good to know your daughter's getting a real education from what seems to be (based on your email) a very intelligent mother that is dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Wow, I have to say that I'm shocked at how you handled that. I wasn't disagreeing with you about those teachers being wrong, and I didn't say that shouldn't point it out, but what I did say that is you spend more time on that then on the subject matter at hand. I agree that you should call people on their s*** - that's why I have no have no problem with you pointing it out, and why I have no problem calling you on your very defensive attitude. If you think the King James Version doesn't have issues of things being left out from the original scriptures you're wrong. There unfortunately is not much left of the original texts and most versions have something wrong, but to say all you need is the KJV because it's flawless is narrow minded and wrong. Even the Bible says to test the scriptures to find the truth. You speak from authority but you aren't willing to do type leg work to research where these scriptures come from and where the KJV gets their wording from. I encourage you to do diligence before dismissing what others suggest.
You urge people to listen to your teaching before making judgement bunt you're not willing to do the same. That makes you no different then those you criticize. I was just trying to give you more info - take what you find helpful and ignore the rest which is exactly what Skiba teaches if you bOther to give others a chance. You know, I wrote to encourage you and support you, not to get my head bitten off by an egotistical immature zealot who has no grace for anyone. You aren't going to save people like that - you'll turn them so far off the truth of Gods love and grace then run the other direction. Knowledge without love is nothing and your response to me was the farthest thing from love, respect, and even common courtesy. I'm sorry I wasted your time because clearly your pride is too big for others to have a voice, even when they agree with you.

You said you're not disagreeing with me, but why all the sudden hatred? Of course you disagree with me, but I don't appreciate being lied to or cussed at.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
-Eph 4:29

In this letter, I've been called defensive, narrow minded, hypocrite, immature, egotistical, zealot, unmerciful, prideful, and a few other indirect things. What you just said to me is what the Bible calls a "railer," which is one who claims to be of Christ, but resorts to evil words, curses, and name-calling.
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
-1Co 5:11-13

I pray the Lord Jesus Christ would bless you and your family with all your needs throughout the coming week.
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1 Peter 3:9

Peace to you and your household; have a wonderful day.

As a side note, I apologized to the Lord God and regretting giving her a compliment on being dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ. I didn't suspect she was based on her first letter, but I ended up saying that out of an effort to be "nice," instead of just stick to the truth and stick to the intuition from the Holy Spirit (i.e. I didn't suspect she had a desire for truth at all). Some of you have complained or criticized me in the past about how I handle people, so can you now see why my being "nice" doesn't matter at all, and can actually be counter-productive? I needed to be the one man who told her the truth instead of all the niceties she'll get from these other leavened preachers.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
Re: An example of the junk I've been getting recently...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:39:49 AM »
I realize that you don't understand this yet, and it might upset you to read, but I can already summarize some of the verses he bases his teaching on just on the title alone, and that the context of Scripture does not support what he will teach in certain key areas concerning those verses.

'As it was in the days of Noe...' right? Even I can figure that one out!  ;D

I did think it was funny that she accused you of 'you aren't willing to do type leg work to research where these scriptures come from and where the KJV gets their wording from. I encourage you to do diligence before dismissing what others suggest' given the length of your article on the subject and the amount of detail you put into that. Again, yours is the most comprehensive treatise I've ever seen regarding the KJV Bible. I saw you included a link to the article in your letter, but she didn't even bother to click on it.

She sounds like the type of person who'd REALLY blow a gasket over your Feminism teaching...

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 06:20:44 PM »
There are so many out there who "just don't get it".

I look forward to your teaching on giants.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
  • First Name: Eric
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »
Reading this helped me reflect and repent.
Jas 4:6 "God gives grace to the humble and resist the proud" (I am guilty of pride too, even if i never thought so)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:40:26 PM by ericmonge84345 »
Let us start a new day!

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »
Eric, did you really mean to post that here? It sounds like it should have gone under the thread on pride...

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 06:45:13 PM »
No, I think he posted it in the right place; I don't think that was an accident. Anyone can see how puffed up this woman got when someone simply challenged her preconceptions.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Jephte21

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jephte
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 05:23:51 AM »
I remember you guys said that you are 99% on watch around so called Christians. This woman fit the picture why we should be skeptical about people calling themselves Christians.