Author Topic: ADD/ADHD  (Read 2467 times)

TruthKeeper

ADD/ADHD
« on: October 22, 2018, 01:36:02 PM »

Hi Chris,

Do you have a teaching on ADD/ADHD?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: ADD/ADHD
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:48:45 PM »
No.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 05:26:54 PM »
Most worldly people use alphabet soup dx's as an excuse not to learn the Word of God.  Just my 2 cents worth.  I can attest to this personally.  Praise God it is no longer true in my life.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

TruthKeeper

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »
I just thought I saw something on this forum saying that it's from "daydreaming" basically. My son was diagnosed with this as a little boy. He is adopted and I will say he has had very "odd" behaviors since he was a baby. I just believed what the Drs said and he struggles so much with school work. If this is just a matter of sin that he needs help with... I hope I can get a grasp of it so that I can teach him.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 03:38:51 AM »
Ann, how old is your son? Has he ever been tested for dyslexia? What do you mean by 'odd' behaviours? Is it possible he could be on the autism spectrum somewhere but just not diagnosed? How old was he when you adopted him? Could he have been abused before you got him? Did his biological mother use drugs or alcohol when she was pregnant?

Without more information, it would be very difficult to pinpoint the problems he is having. I hope you can find some answers.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »
Jeanne,
He is 15 years old. I got him from the hospital when he was born. I do not know much about what happened to him while his mother was pregnant. I do know he was born with Marijuana in his system. He has always just been very reserved and shy. He would not participate in school very much until he was a little older. At least until about 1st grade. He repeated Kindergarten.  School is very frustrating to him. He is very lazy. I can't seem to get him motivated about anything. I was not living for God for many of his early years and he has watched too much tv and played video games, which is probably some of the problem.