Author Topic: The Holy Ghost  (Read 4484 times)

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dido
  • Belief: Other
The Holy Ghost
« on: October 21, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »
"Holy Ghost"

"Holy Ghost" - occurs 90 times in the KJV
"Holy Spirit" - occurs only once - Luke 11:13
"holy Spirit" - 5 times
- Isaiah 63:10
- Isaiah 63:11
- Ephesians 1:13
- Ephesians 4:30
- 1 Thessalonians 4:8
"holy spirit" - only once - Psalms 51:11

I did a couple of searches a few minutes ago.

https://www.biblica.com/?s=holy+ghost
[Nothing to Show Right Now
It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn't here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you're after from there.]

https://www.biblica.com/?s=holy+spirit
One of the many results:
x-
Nobody Knows the Truffles I

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
Re: The Holy Ghost
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »
What is the point of this post? This really makes no sense.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
Dido, half your posts don't make any sense. You need to start using your words more carefully to describe what you're saying and doing.

Also, there is a forum rule you should read: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=156.0
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 02:12:25 PM »
Christopher, can you address the "half" that makes sense?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »
Half of the posts you make. So if you made twenty posts, I would say that half of them don't make any sense because you don't give us any context of what you're talking about.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 09:12:21 PM »
Christopher, doesn't the first half of my initial posting provide enough context to you?
I believe this is the "half" that should make sense. If not, please elucidate further.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 11:24:05 AM »
Dido, you're assuming people can read your mind and know what you're thinking when you post.

I'll ask you one more time; what is the point of what you posted? Why should we care about how many times the term 'Holy Ghost' vs 'Holy Spirit' appears in the Bible and the results of some Internet search you did? What does any of this have to do with the price of fish in China?

In more than one thread, you've posted random links with no explanation of what they are or why you're posting them (which, as has been pointed out, is clearly against forum rules).

You really need to learn how to communicate better, and explain clearly why you are posting something and what point you're trying to make.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 01:27:47 PM »
You really need to learn how to communicate better, and explain clearly why you are posting something and what point you're trying to make.
Correct. This forum is for discussion and conversation; it's not social media where we just copy/paste links.

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 02:22:02 PM »
Let me try to make sense with, at least, for now, with Jeanne who seems to not see any sense in most (if not all) of my postings.
Jeanne, can you tell a bit about yourself?
1. Are you married?
2. Is that your husband (long-haired) with you in your forum picture/avatar?

About me whom you (and other powers that be at CLF) think does not communicate well.
Well, you could be right, for all I know. But ...
At 19, I became an air traffic controller who had to give precise instructions.
At 25, I made flight plans for Qantas, Air New Zealand, and other airlines as an employee of Qantas (Australia's flag carrier, as you know). I briefed only the captains-in-command of every flight I did and had them sign the plans I had made - how much fuel they need, what kind of winds, etc. they will encounter, for example, on a 7hr-30min flight from Manila to Sydney (with Melbourne as alternative airport). I worked with Qantas for ten years.
Of course, I have done other things since then.

I am babysitting and don't have much time for reviewing what I had just written. So you will probably see grammatical errors or typos - but I think/hope you will see I can make sense.

Tks!

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 02:39:42 PM »
At 19, I became an air traffic controller who had to give precise instructions.
At 25, I made flight plans for Qantas, Air New Zealand, and other airlines as an employee of Qantas (Australia's flag carrier, as you know). I briefed only the captains-in-command of every flight I did and had them sign the plans I had made - how much fuel they need, what kind of winds, etc. they will encounter, for example, on a 7hr-30min flight from Manila to Sydney (with Melbourne as alternative airport). I worked with Qantas for ten years.
Of course, I have done other things since then.
Excellent. I'm glad because now we know it is not a matter of capability, but a matter of unwillingness to do your best. I hope in the future, you'll demonstrate your vast skills and experience in conversation with us, and wait until you have the time to focus more to write your thoughts down so we can understand you better. Thanks.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
Did I miss something here?  I thought we had an "introduce yourself" section?  What did this have to do with the Holy Spirit?  I am with Jeanne and Chris, this needs to be communicated a little more clearly.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
Dido, if you want to know anything more about me, then check out my own post in the Introduce Yourself section. You'll probably have to scroll down quite a ways to find it because a lot of people have joined t. his forum since I posted it. If you really have any interest at all in learning more about me, you'll take the time to look for it (I'm not going to do it for you).

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 01:20:45 AM »
Dido, it seems you have taken what Jeanne said (when she was just letting you know that on this forum we need to be clear, we have rules and she just wanted a more clear explanation)...and, by your responses, it seems you are feeling insulted, when they are just asking you to be more clear.

Then it seems that you are trying to insult her (about her husband)...this doesn't seem kind at all.

Galatians 5:22-23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,     23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

2 Peter 1:7 - And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity

That's what happens many times with typed words, they can be misunderstood...we cannot hear the tone of voice, and it can be misunderstood, and come across differently than we intend.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:25:42 AM by Dee Babbitt »