Author Topic: Apricot Seeds  (Read 7675 times)

TruthKeeper

Apricot Seeds
« on: October 20, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »

I just read Chris's article about Cancer and Apricot Seeds. Can someone here tell me where they buy their seeds? I have  Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)  and diabetes to name a couple of my health issues, and I am thinking that Apricot seeds should be added to my diet. I have a high risk for cancer due to PCOS. Also, any ideas of how to combat diabetes? Diabetes pretty much goes along with PCOS.  I would love to get off the medication.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Apricot Seeds
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 03:00:42 PM »
I get mine from www.vitacost.com  They have the best price.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

TruthKeeper

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 03:35:29 PM »
I get mine from www.vitacost.com  They have the best price.

Thank you... do you buy organic ones?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »
Don't get the "sweet" ones. They're not going to have the nutrients you're looking for. This is the brand Lorraine and I buy: https://www.amazon.com/Raw-Garden-Bitter-Apricot-California/dp/B074D1RZ8K/ref=lp_13973689011_1_15_a_it?srs=13973689011&ie=UTF8&qid=1540066206&sr=8-15
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TruthKeeper

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
Don't get the "sweet" ones. They're not going to have the nutrients you're looking for. This is the brand Lorraine and I buy: https://www.amazon.com/Raw-Garden-Bitter-Apricot-California/dp/B074D1RZ8K/ref=lp_13973689011_1_15_a_it?srs=13973689011&ie=UTF8&qid=1540066206&sr=8-15

Thank you... I am going to purchase some. How many a day should one consume?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 05:56:14 PM »
Depends, do you have cancer?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 06:14:16 PM »
Depends, do you have cancer?

I sure hope not.... I just have a high risk due to my other health related issues.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 07:29:29 PM »
Then just eat one a day. I typically eat three or four every few days, and I drink some fruit juice with it, since that would replace eating the fruit itself... somewhat. One way or another, just having some on a regular basis should keep you healthy.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 07:46:28 PM »
Then just eat one a day. I typically eat three or four every few days, and I drink some fruit juice with it, since that would replace eating the fruit itself... somewhat. One way or another, just having some on a regular basis should keep you healthy.

Thank you!

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 09:49:46 PM »
My wife and I eat 7 seeds twice a day for prevention.
I have no clue if that is an appropriate amount.
I do know that we've noticed no adverse effects.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 12:15:55 AM »
Who knows... maybe there just placebos.  8)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »
Who knows... maybe there just placebos.  8)

If so, I would think we could find one that tastes more like peanut M&M's.  ;)
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 11:04:54 AM »
Hi Ann,

I read somewhere that 7 a day, to keep the cancer away--preventative,
and 15 a day if someone already has cancer. 
I will pray for your health, and for the health of everyone here.

You asked about diabetes, too.  Eric Berg, a chiropractor on you-tube, has helped many people with their diabetes; you can see the testimonials on you-tube.  His videos are 2-3 minutes, and he explains the body and how it works... I wish doctors out there would explain like this.

He recommends keto-style eating, to stabilize the insulin levels  Joshua and I ate this way for three months, then stopped for awhile.  Now we are starting to eat keto-style again...because we feel so much better eating that way.

Hope this helps :-)
Have a Beautiful Day :-)

TruthKeeper

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 11:41:53 AM »
Hi Dee,
Thank you for your response. I was curious at to what others thought of the Keto diet. I have done it off and on for about 4 years. I lost a lot of weight this way. Well, 20 lbs... that's a lot for a short woman...lol I wasn't sure how others here might see the diet since it's not really how God tells us to eat, but if I eat much fruit it's not good for me.  I do like green veggies and like to eat them often.  My brother runs a farm here and I am able to get organic meats from him. What are your thoughts on Pork?

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »
Hi Ann,
Wow, 20 lbs is SO good... :)

In Genesis, God tells us to eat the herbs and fruit bearing seed.  But some of these have been genetically modified (alfalfa, apples, canola, corn, papaya, potatoes, soybeans, squash and sugar beets).  I didn't know about the potatoes :( 

But if we eat organic veggies and organic meats (how wonderful your brother can provide you this) we are eating foods mentioned in the Bible.  As far as pork, I believe God said we could eat everything...but at our house, we really don't eat pork...although, bacon smells so good :-)

I couldn't find the scripture on eating meats...I want to do better and get into God's Word, on a daily basis.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 01:04:57 PM »
In the New Testament, Christians were only told to abstain from eating blood and meats offered to idols. There is nothing wrong with eating pork; however, since pigs do carry a lot of diseases, their meat has to be very thoroughly cooked (like chicken).

God has changed the rules for eating in different eras. For instance, before the Flood, people were supposed to eat plants only and meat was forbidden completely. (What the Bible calls meat simply meant food in general, whereas what we call meat today refers to the flesh of animals.)

After the Flood, God told Noah that he could now eat all things. (Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.)

When God gave the law to Moses, only clean animals were allowed to be eaten (swine were considered unclean).  Now, however, we can eat pretty much anything we want as long as we are not gluttonous and try to do what is healthy for our own bodies. Since each body is different, not everyone will react the same to any specific diet. So, if a Keto diet makes you feel healthy, then I see nothing wrong with doing it.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 06:59:54 PM »
Thanks Jeane and Dee.... I will go back to my Keto diet soon then. I've put a few pounds on lately since I came off the diet and I don't feel as good.

My brother mostly raises pastured pork... so that's why I asked if it is ok. I do get most of my Beef from him as well. I just don't get organic chickens. :(   

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 10:17:26 AM »
Ann,

you are in my prayers, that God will watch over you and help you with your health  :)

i truly believe the quality of food we eat can make a difference on how we feel.

Suelong88

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 10:25:07 AM »
I've been Keto since February 2018.  (I went off for a couple of months after a surgery I had...wanted comfort food.)  I've lost about 35 pounds (after gaining 8 back, but then losing 7 again.)  I started out eating a lot of veggies, but have since cut back and rarely eat any now.  I have spinach almost every day and some times cauliflower, broccoli or brussels sprouts.  I mainly eat beef and dark meat chicken and bacon.  Oh and Italian meats; salami, pepperoni and the like.  I have cheese with almost everything and put heavy whipping cream in my coffee every morning.  And butter goes on most of my cooked meats too!

Now I'm doing Keto not for the weight loss.  I still have more to lose, but it's not the main reason I'm eating this way.  Since going Keto I've gotten rid of my migraines and vertigo and my depression.  They all started coming back when I went off and I don't want to be in that pit again.  I do have some days when my carbs are higher, but I rarely do two days in a row anymore.  I just feel better when I eat this way.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 12:43:13 PM »
I agree with you, Susan! I feel better overall when I eat the Ketogenic way.