Author Topic: History  (Read 5679 times)

TruthKeeper

History
« on: October 19, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »
I am looking to learn real History. Is there a place on CLE website that would help me to begin to learn real history. I was never into history growing up... it's new for me in many ways. I learned what I had to in school but never went any further until having to help my son in school. I need a starting point so I can understand things that are wrong today.
Thank you for any response!

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: History
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
That question is too broad to answer. If you want real history, then go to the Word of God. If you are asking for a specific subject of history, or time period, or location, then you have to specify what you want.

For the most part, all you need to do is type keywords into the search bar on the website, and you can find any related material I have on there. However, you just said in another post that you don't have time for articles. I'm not sure how you're planning to learn about all this history you're talking about if you don't have time.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:32:18 PM »
Hey Ann, This is Caleb, I can think of one, The civil war is paraded to be a war created to free the slaves, however, that is nothing more than a fanciful lie. The communists want so desperately to turn Lincoln into a hero because he acted like a communist, that is he acted like a dictator. States had every constitutional right to succeed and Lincoln made an illegal war. (The president has the power to make war for 300 days, the war lasted for four years making it unconstitutional). The wasn't about slavery, it was about state's rights (which infuriates my scout leader, I talk about on the praying for mentally ill kids, he says it was about slavery and that is it, nothing more, nothing less). I hope that helps Ann and you can look up more information about it.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 05:41:11 PM »
I just watched a very enlightening video on the history of the United States and its founding fathers. I was actually going to start a thread on it, but this would be the perfect place for it. It's put out by the John Birch Society, and while I don't agree with some of their philosophy, they do uncover a lot of historical facts that you won't find in any school textbook. I think this might answer some of your questions.

It's called 'What You're Not Supposed to Know About America's Founding'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364cxeR5EAg

TruthKeeper

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 07:56:45 PM »
That question is too broad to answer. If you want real history, then go to the Word of God. If you are asking for a specific subject of history, or time period, or location, then you have to specify what you want.

For the most part, all you need to do is type keywords into the search bar on the website, and you can find any related material I have on there. However, you just said in another post that you don't have time for articles. I'm not sure how you're planning to learn about all this history you're talking about if you don't have time.

True History is part of God.... just to read some nonsensical article does not pertain to learning about God. That's how I see it anyway. I am doing a lot of research, but I don't want to take extra time to read an article that isn't helping me in my endeavor of learning truth. 

TruthKeeper

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 07:57:31 PM »
I just watched a very enlightening video on the history of the United States and its founding fathers. I was actually going to start a thread on it, but this would be the perfect place for it. It's put out by the John Birch Society, and while I don't agree with some of their philosophy, they do uncover a lot of historical facts that you won't find in any school textbook. I think this might answer some of your questions.

It's called 'What You're Not Supposed to Know About America's Founding'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364cxeR5EAg

Thank you... I will check it out.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 08:09:14 PM »
Hey Ann, This is Caleb, I can think of one, The civil war is paraded to be a war created to free the slaves, however, that is nothing more than a fanciful lie. The communists want so desperately to turn Lincoln into a hero because he acted like a communist, that is he acted like a dictator. States had every constitutional right to succeed and Lincoln made an illegal war. (The president has the power to make war for 300 days, the war lasted for four years making it unconstitutional). The wasn't about slavery, it was about state's rights (which infuriates my scout leader, I talk about on the praying for mentally ill kids, he says it was about slavery and that is it, nothing more, nothing less). I hope that helps Ann and you can look up more information about it.

Thank you.... where are the sources that teach these things?

TruthKeeper

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »
Chris,

I would really like to understand more about Babylon. Honestly, I have never been heavily into History so my knowledge is very limited. I know that the Israelites were taken into Captivity to Babylon...but beyond that I have very little understanding.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 12:21:47 AM »
If you go here: http://creationliberty.com/audio.php
... scroll down the list, which is going backwards in time for our teachings, and eventually, you'll see that I go over Jeremiah in the first half. Jeremiah was the time before and during the captivity of Jerusalem by Babylon. We spent about six months of teachings in Jeremiah. Those are all available free to listen to, stream, and download.

If you're looking for anything on Babylon, that's probably the best I've got. I'm not sure what specifically you want to know, or that I would know an answer.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
If you go here: http://creationliberty.com/audio.php
... scroll down the list, which is going backwards in time for our teachings, and eventually, you'll see that I go over Jeremiah in the first half. Jeremiah was the time before and during the captivity of Jerusalem by Babylon. We spent about six months of teachings in Jeremiah. Those are all available free to listen to, stream, and download.

If you're looking for anything on Babylon, that's probably the best I've got. I'm not sure what specifically you want to know, or that I would know an answer.

I guess I don't understand how Babylon plays into the events taking place today. Honestly, I just don't know what all to look for but I am trying to tie a lot of things together from past, present, and future relating to Babylon. I just finished reading the Book of Jeremiah, so I will look at your teachings. Thank you! You are so knowledgeable!

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »
Dido. I took down your posts because the link did not go to a video but rather an advertisement. Spam is against the forum rules.

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dido
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 12:34:03 PM »
I made a correction:
http://j.mp/i7-ann01

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 12:39:43 PM »
Dido. Also see the forum rules concerning links: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=156.msg766#msg766

Please provide an explanation of the video and why you are posting it. Something other than just the link.

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 12:41:46 PM »
Timothy,
Please see the attached (a screenshot of what I had sent) - and comment again about it, please.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 12:54:12 PM »
If you are not logged in with an account, you can't see the attachment. Can you please be charitable enough to those who do not have accounts to simply re-post with the correct link your explanation so everyone can easily see what you are talking about?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 02:11:22 PM »
Dido: Our church this afternoon spent about an hour and a half going over teachings on Mike Hoggard. (i.e. who you posted a link to earlier, and did not give a description, please see this forum rule: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=156.0) We did that because were posting links to his teachings. That man is very deceptive in his doctrine. Please beware of him; I can't tell yet if he's of Christ or not, but he's certainly deceiving a lot of people with false doctrines.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:14:49 PM by creationliberty »

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 02:16:49 PM »
Christopher, can you specify a few of the false teachings you refer to?
Which teachers, by name/s,  would you recommendin place of Mike Hoggard?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 06:23:03 PM »
Hi Dido

The best teaching you are going to find is the continual reading and study of the word of God.  If you rely on other people you will not be doing what you should be doing and will then also be open to being swayed to and fro by every wind of doctine that comes around. 

How will you know if any teaching is correct or incorrect if you don't have any standard baseline to compare it against?

We have discussions here in the forum of course, but that is usually about the finer details of matters but each of us can only look deeper in to topics because we already have a firmly established foundation that we are relying on.  You will notice that Chris also has to update articles from time to time and make retractions of things he has taught in error.

There is no substitute for reading and studying the Bible yourself. 

I hope it's OK that I sort of jumped in on this discussion but a main problem I see in the church buildings etc is that no one (and I really do mean that   .....   no one) reads and studys the Bible but they have lots to say and make all sorts of decisions based on their own "feelings" and what they have heard from others.  It is a recipe for disaster. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 06:38:42 PM by anvilhauler »
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »
Notwithstanding Kevin's input, a reply from Christopher will help.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 01:30:36 PM »
I'll give you an example. Dido, are you familiar with the doctrine against paganism and idolatry, like that of sun worship? If so, then please watch this video from Mike Hoggard and tell me what you think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OECwZlCoqkQ

In the video, you'll see how he compares God and Christ to the rising sun, just like the pagans do, which is condemned in Scripture, and then he tries to justify his pagan traditions (like Halloween), claiming that they really belong to God, and the Devil just corrupted them. Let us know what you discern after listening to that.