• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dido
  • Belief: Other
Re: Hello
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2018, 06:17:12 PM »
Ann, I heard this dialogue a few days ago.
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/10/04/woman-whos-been-through-hell-says-she-was-healed-by-the-lord/
I am sharing it, for what it's worth. I do think it is worth a lot and might help or inspire you somehow. I had felt very thankful hearing it.
Excerpt:
x-
RUSH: Sonia, how did you

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2018, 06:27:46 PM »
Sorry the excerpt was truncated somehow.
Here is what I had wanted to quote:
x-
RUSH: Sonia, how did you

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2018, 09:16:38 PM »
What does that have to do with what we're discussing in this thread?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2018, 11:01:11 PM »
Dido, in case you may have missed previous posts on this subject, this forum software does not accept foreign apostrophes. This means that if you try to paste something in from another source, you have to go back and manually replace all the apostrophes in the post box. You also have to do this from a computer, as apostrophes from mobile devices don't work, either. Even when I copy/paste Scripture, I have to make sure that there are no apostrophes and that if there are, I have to replace them.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2018, 11:13:48 PM »
I'm still unable to determine how what he's posting has to do with the subject matter in this thread.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »
Christopher, perhaps you think I came here with an ulterior motive, an agenda?
What did you not like in any of my posting - aside from what you have said?
by the way, did you read about "Sonia" who I think, right or wrong, Ann can relate to - if not be inspired by?
Am praying for Ann. I pray for a lot of people.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2018, 10:48:21 AM »
Christopher, perhaps you think I came here with an ulterior motive, an agenda?
What did you not like in any of my posting - aside from what you have said?
by the way, did you read about "Sonia" who I think, right or wrong, Ann can relate to - if not be inspired by?
Am praying for Ann. I pray for a lot of people.

A simple question was asked. "What does that have to do with what we're discussing in this thread?"

You posted a link to a verse that has nothing to do with anything on this thread. I am also not seeing what your post has to do with anything here either. All we are asking is for you to explain. If a question like this is too difficult to be answered and you get emotional over it, then how can anyone have a basic discussion with you? There is no reason to get defensive over this.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2018, 11:44:10 AM »
Allow me to attempt this since there might be some confusion. I re-read everything Ann was talking about, and she mentioned one line where she said her health was poor. That may have been the reason for the original post, and that's what I was questioning, but Dido, please understand that Rush Limbaugh is not a Christian. I'm sure he claims to be one, and I'm sure a lot of churchgoers listen to his show, but he is not of Christ; therefore, I would not trust ANY testimony that comes from his radio show or his site.

The subject matter that Ann was posting about was the confusion of the Pentecostals, and it is exactly the Pentecostals that will post things like from Rush Limbaugh and claim they are miracles of God. Pentecostals are well-known for stretching the truth, and I believe what you posted is going to cause more confusion for Ann.

Saying that "right or wrong" Ann can relate to Sonia, is claiming that even if it is wrong, it's good for Christians? That is incorrect sir. If it's wrong (which is leaven), then it's not good. In Matthew 12 and 16, Jesus told us it is a wicked/evil and adulterous generation that seeks after a sign, rather, we ought to seek His Word in all things, and encourage one another with the Word of God.
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
-John 20:29

I talk more about that here in our article, "Revivalism: The Devil's Design"

Therefore, what would encourage Ann is not to post things from worldly, leavened, and false sources, but to go to the Word:
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
-Matthew 6:31-33

And that the understanding will come to those who ask Him sincerely; God will unlock His Word to her:
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
-Mat 7:7-8

Those who come in repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of their wrongdoing) to the Lord Jesus Christ will not be turned away; not by God, nor by us in the church.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:46:56 AM by creationliberty »

TruthKeeper

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2018, 12:33:07 PM »
Hi Chris.... I didn't understand why he posted that article either. I read a small amount and could not see what he was telling me. I don't really have time for a lot of articles etc... I want to learn truth. I feel like I do need to learn good History to understand why our country is where it is spiritually. I have stopped watching the news for the last 7 years except when there is a natural disaster. The beginning of this year I felt the Holy Spirit removing TV shows from my life as well. I do watch a few sports on tv.  Otherwise, the only thing I desire is God's word and learning about His word.

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 03:46:05 PM »
Did I misread Ann? Wasn't she molested? I thought she was and it brought to mind what I heard of a "Sonia" who talked about her experience and how Jesus Christ had healed her.
Does this help make things clearer?

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2018, 02:53:39 PM »
Ann,  Welcome! 
I hope you will read Chris' articles and listen to what he has been teaching.  I have been relatively fortunate to come out of the leavened church buildings right as Chris started this ministry and have been blessed to be a part of it as it has grown (not without my own spiritual struggles, mind you).  Look up the verses, see what it says in your own bible and the whole chapter and just keep seeking the truth of the Word.  That will make the way for you.  None of us can do it on our own!  We need to read the word and grow in that.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

i7sharp

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:51 AM »
About "foreign apostrophes" ...

I bring this up because of the misunderstanding caused by previously truncated message (about a "Sonia" who was molested).
A few minutes ago, I started a thread on The Holy Ghost. I saw another instance of a truncated message.
I attach herewith a preview of the message before I hit the "Post" button.
It had looked complete to me.
(I am almost sure I had the same experience in the aforementioned message re "Sonia.")

Question:
How can one see or determine if an apostrophe is "foreign"?

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 12:19:59 PM »
A 'foreign' apostrophe is one that is not typed directly into the post box here on the forum from a computer (not a mobile device). The whole post will show up in a preview, but will cut off once you hit the 'post' button, which is why you need to look at what you have written AFTER you post it. You have 30 minutes from the time you make a post in which to edit it.

Masha

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »
Hi Ann, first of all welcome to the forum and glad you found CLE website to learn from. I have a hard time reading the article but I manage to listen to most of the audio teachings. I also listen to audio KJV at times, when it's not possible to read.
I was saved out of the deep occult, and after that I journeyed through most of the denominations out there. I also spend time in the pentecostal denomination, in various churches. I'd agree with Chris and Jeanne that there is nothing good in there.
Most of their practises are demonic: speaking in tongues, falling in spirit, holy laughter, laying hands (when people fall over), etc.
I quess there is enough evidence out there and in Gods word (1 Cor 14) to expose the falsity of the tongues. Have you never wondered why everyone is to be gifted with that particular gift, and nobody is drinking poison, or raising the dead???

MAtthew 7: 15,Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16, Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17, Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18, A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19, Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20, Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Very cruel is also the doctrine that if you are not healed in their demonic rituals, you have not enough faith. This destroys the sincere sick people that desperately seek healing in those places. Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. 
Then there is the idea of the prosperity gospel, that when we have Jesus, we have prosperity: money, health, succes, etc. Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
I have seen a lot in the occult, and the pentecostals are very similar to what I have seen there. It is witchcraft. They just have the label christianity on there, but it has nothing to do with God. Their supernatural experiences are addictive and people continue to go for the rush, experience, fix and social pressure. It is all about feelings, but salvations is not something you feel, it is something you KNOW. Once you get sucked into the massive' group' experience it is hard to get out. I praise our Lord and Saviour that He managed to pull you out, and I am confident that by reading your own Bible and praying to God for discernment you will grow and be firmly established in His word and Truth. When I was saved I had never even read the Bible, it took me a lot of reading, studying and time, but He lead me all the way and still does! 1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.(This annointing not to be mistaken with the one the pentecostals talk about!!!)
Do not feel inadequate or discouraged by the amount of knowledge you do not have but be content with where you are at, and confident that God will lead you in all Truth and that His Truth stands forever.

Ephesians 6:  13, Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    14, Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
    15, And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
    16, Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
    17, And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
    18, Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

((Again praying in Spirit NOT to be mistaken with what the pentecostal teach about demonic gibberish ))