Author Topic: (VIDEO) The Truth About Feminism pt.2  (Read 1320 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 42
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
(VIDEO) The Truth About Feminism pt.2
« on: January 02, 2017, 02:16:41 PM »
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
Re: (VIDEO) The Truth About Feminism pt.2
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »
 So, that is what the Bible means when God tells eve "your desire will be for your husband"?   It seems that women nowadays really do want to take charge over their husbands. I say this including myself. That was probably one of my worst problems. I struggled between being submissive and wanting to take control.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: -3
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
  • First Name: Eric
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »
So, that is what the Bible means when God tells eve "your desire will be for your husband"?   It seems that women nowadays really do want to take charge over their husbands. I say this including myself. That was probably one of my worst problems. I struggled between being submissive and wanting to take control.

Please...

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
3:17
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Can you see how one word can change context? Context can change whole doctrines.
Never-the-less, if women now-a-days want to be "strong and independent", dominate men and be superior to men... I hardly believe it has anything to do with Genesis of Gods Word. As a woman who fears the Lord, you already know your the weaker vessel and should be submissive to your husband(if you choose to marry).

Scripture doesn't show anything to me anything else other than "the heart is deceitful and desperately wicked, who can know it" ~Jeremiah 17:9
Woman can be as rebellious as men an so we must be simple regarding evil and not look so deep into it.

NICE try though, I just don't seem to agree with the analogy you presented. To the credit of women in general, who are put away by immature/ rebellious men, there's nothing wrong with "Strong and Independent",etc. When tempted by feminism and going down that path, it displeases the Lord.
Let us start a new day!

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:19:02 PM »
Uh... I... what? Eric, perhaps it's just me (please, someone else speak up if anyone else has noticed the same thing), but I can't hardly make sense of almost anything you write on this forum. Not only did your words not make much sense, but Tonya, after coming out in humble honesty and openly confessing her faults, you responded by stamping your foot down on her: "you already know your the weaker vessel and should be submissive to your husband."

Was that necessary? If someone had done that to me after confessing my faults openly, I'd be hurt.

Eric, I've listened to your conversations that we've had over Skype, and I know the kind of things that are your faults. You don't think I know, but I do (because I can tell a lot of things about someone in a short conversation), and I keep my mouth shut about it. I hope you understand that if you ever humbly come out and admit your faults to the church like Tonya just did, that the rest of us won't turn around and stomp on you for it, acting like we have 'holier-than-thou' authority over you because of it--'cause that's the impression I got from your post, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

NICE try though, I just don't seem to agree with the analogy you presented

Whaaaa... who are you talking to? You quoted Tonya, then said "nice try... don't agree with your anology," but Tonya didn't present an analogy. This is why I generally stopped reading your posts a long time ago; they don't make any sense. Can you at least try, in the future, to spend more than sixty seconds writing your posts, review them, edit them, and double check and make sure you're clear, concise and understanding in your words?

(Just as an example, I re-wrote this post twice after reviewing your post twice, and went back and edited my writing two more times afterwards to make sure I had everything correct before I posted this.)
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 06:36:53 PM »
No, Chris, you're not wrong. I've noticed the same things about Eric's writing and have also not said anything when perhaps I should have.

Eric, why give rebuke when no rebuke is necessary? Are you so insecure in your own faith that you feel a need to attack others? I've also often wondered if English is a second language for you because I have trouble understanding most of what you write, too. Even in the private text chats we've had over Skype it's sometimes hard to decipher what you're trying to say.

Tonya, I don't know that God had feminism in mind when He told Eve that her desire would be for her husband, but I suppose it's possible. However, I think a woman's natural inclination is to have a desire for a man to protect and provide for her and her children, which is what I think this verse is really talking about.

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 08:09:47 PM »
Um, i guess i can't really write so well,

@Tonya, i wasn't rebuking and i'm sorry if i sounded like i was attacking your confession or understanding. My bad...

Guys, I'm not perfect and yes, I do have faults I am too ashame to confess any to you, it's personal matter, i confess them to God and  pray to open my eyes even more to my faults.

Please forgive me. I do thank God for being here for you to help me a lot too.

By any chance what i wrote now doesn't make sense, I apologise to Tonya and hope not to make the same error. If anyone on Sykpe feels the need to correct me in my understanding, please dont be afraid to tell me.Try to be comfortable around me, i wont bite back,okay? (Unless im really hungry,lol! Kidding)

It seems nobody on skype has any perspective of what i say or from the teaching and it goes quiet. I am sometimes  guilty to just be quiet and not explain how i understand scripture or the teachings.

That is all. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:26:00 PM by ericmonge84345 »
Let us start a new day!

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 08:24:04 PM »
Can you at least try, in the future, to spend more than sixty seconds writing your posts, review them, edit them, and double check and make sure you're clear, concise and understanding in your words?

(Just as an example, I re-wrote this post twice after reviewing your post twice, and went back and edited my writing two more times afterwards to make sure I had everything correct before I posted this.)

Yes, I'll do my best.
Let us start a new day!

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »
No, Chris, you're not wrong. I've noticed the same things about Eric's writing and have also not said anything when perhaps I should have.

Eric, why give rebuke when no rebuke is necessary? Are you so insecure in your own faith that you feel a need to attack others? I've also often wondered if English is a second language for you because I have trouble understanding most of what you write, too. Even in the private text chats we've had over Skype it's sometimes hard to decipher what you're trying to say.

Tonya, I don't know that God had feminism in mind when He told Eve that her desire would be for her husband, but I suppose it's possible. However, I think a woman's natural inclination is to have a desire for a man to protect and provide for her and her children, which is what I think this verse is really talking about.

I may be a bit insecure about my faith and no, i wasn't "attacking".
What you wrote at the end of your post was just the point I only tried to make and i just couldn't do it properly. I am so sorry, i am a bad writer.
=.=
Let us start a new day!

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 09:33:55 PM »
Eric, maybe 'attack' wasn't quite the right word; 'confrontational' might be a bit more accurate. If you disagree with the conclusions someone may come up with, it isn't good enough to just say that you think they might be wrong; you need to give reasons and what you think the correct interpretation should be.

I know I have faults, too. I like to be right, and I sometimes push a point beyond where it really needs to go to prove it. I have a real problem letting something go if I honestly do think it's wrong, though, even if it might not matter all that much in the grand scheme of things.

There are two sides to that, though. Sometimes I just enjoy a good argument/debate and I may argue from a point I don't even necessarily agree with just to gain greater clarity and understanding of the issue. And yeah, I know that I can come across as arrogant at times, even though I don't mean to...

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 09:53:50 PM »
I probably can't improve my typing over night but i don't care, ill do my best. Someone can misinterprete whatever i write and slap any emote on it. I'll just type objectively.

Let us start a new day!

Offline GRD

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Guy
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »
So, that is what the Bible means when God tells eve "your desire will be for your husband"?   It seems that women nowadays really do want to take charge over their husbands. I say this including myself. That was probably one of my worst problems. I struggled between being submissive and wanting to take control.
Here is a parallel:

Gen 3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Gen 4:7  If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
Redeemed ... by the precious blood of Christ.
1Peter 1:18-19

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 09:22:40 AM »
I'm sorry, Guy, but how is God talking to Cain in Genesis 4 a parallel to Him talking to Eve in Ch 3? The relationship between brothers is nowhere near the same as that between husband and wife...

Offline GRD

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 09:27:13 AM »
I'm sorry, Guy, but how is God talking to Cain in Genesis 4 a parallel to Him talking to Eve in Ch 3? The relationship between brothers is nowhere near the same as that between husband and wife...
The parallel is in the desire and the rule; the desire of woman over the man is paralleled with the desire of sin over man; man's rule over the woman is paralleled with man's rule over sin.

That actually supports TonyaJ's post.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 11:26:33 AM »
But that, in part, compares women to sin as if woman is a representation of sin in Scripture; I can't agree with that. I don't see those to be connected in the same context.

Offline GRD

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 02:00:39 PM »
But that, in part, compares women to sin as if woman is a representation of sin in Scripture; I can't agree with that. I don't see those to be connected in the same context.
Maybe, I should be clearer; the parallel is to the grammatical structure.

The woman desires to control the man; sin desires to control the man.

The analogy is not woman and sin.