Author Topic: The Evolution Fable  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Susan
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: The Evolution Fable
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »
Some I know got out of the occult and became Catholics, maybe worse off now believing in false holiness. 

It would seem they didn't really get out of the occult.  Interesting that they can't see the similarities between the two.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:51:26 AM by Tbeas893 »

Offline Oblivion4463

• Banned
  • (LVL1) Novice
  • Edification: -6
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Evolutionism
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:39 PM »
Awww, I was hoping that you might write back and tell me how the original biomolecules formed and were then able to replicate themselves and then become more and more complex and then suddenly change to becoming "living" organisms.

Your first mistake was not watching the whole video I linked which explains it.
Your second mistake is not knowing what is defined as "living". Bacteria in its basic form is "living". Biological modification over time with the aid of uses of that creature within the environment causes UNUSED parts of its DNA to disappear and useful modifications to become used in practice which make it not only stronger in its physical form but also in its genetics.

EDIT......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xJCI9yEgw               Skip to 1:28
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:02:49 PM by Oblivion4463 »

Offline Oblivion4463

• Banned
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:27 PM »
You're a college student and you know more than a guy who TEACHES biology to PhD students. Okaaaayyy...

I enjoyed reading the responses in this thread. It reminds me of a story about a Congressman when he was in college. He came home and was visiting his Grandfather. He announced that he was now an Atheist and believed in evolution. After he explained the theory and asked his Christian grampa what he thought of that, Gramps replied, " What college did you pay so much for to get that stupid?!"

College is NOT the one coming up with evolution.....ITS ALMOST EVERY SINGLE biologist in the world (you know...scientist!!!)

Are you guys saying that the OTHER Kevin who is a teacher knows more than an actual biology scientist?????

Offline Oblivion4463

• Banned
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »
Biblical discussion is far more interesting and profitable.

Its not really. The bible shows that either god (if he is real) is NOT omniscient at all as per the bible itself, and it also would then mean he is then evil because he is not omniscent or....the bible was make by men and men only(god had no part / god does not exist)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:51:40 PM by Oblivion4463 »

Offline Oblivion4463

• Banned
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2017, 08:49:47 PM »
I would have to agree there was nothing in my post that could bring life eternal to this young man, which should be our goal. While agreeing with all the intellectual responses, I could see a progression of resistance to every argument, with no merit. The best I have to offer is to keep Kevin Tx in prayer continually to the pulling down of strongholds.
  The pentocostal spirit is one Ive dealt with for my entire Christian walk having several in my family deceived by them. Yes, it all comes down to their prideful attitude in every false doctrine they follow.

I am...NOT...Pentecostal anymore. My view points are at complete opposite from my Pentecostal days.

My merit was NOT religious...IT WAS scientific and yes I did bring the merits to those claims.

Let me ask you something if you do not mind....In your words, what is eternal salvation?

Offline Tbeas893

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
Kevin (TX), be careful about posting several posts like that in a short amount of time. We have a rule against spamming. Could you combine your posts into one next time you want to address several other users?
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 51: 16-17

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL5) Seasoned
  • Edification: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »
I actually watched the second video that Kevin [TX] posted the link for.  As to be expected I am pleased whenever I read of someone taking an interest in biochemistry and genetics etc. 

The extra step of being on the road to any kind of maturity in such a subject would now be for Kevin [TX] to draw up a page with all of the evolution information in a column on the left and then draw a long vertical line and on the right hand side start listing all of the serious and insurmountable problems with that model or theory. 

Once Kevin [TX] has done that he should be having a lot of trouble getting to sleep at night.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Oblivion4463

• Banned
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2017, 05:20:25 AM »
I actually watched the second video that Kevin [TX] posted the link for.  As to be expected I am pleased whenever I read of someone taking an interest in biochemistry and genetics etc. 

The extra step of being on the road to any kind of maturity in such a subject would now be for Kevin [TX] to draw up a page with all of the evolution information in a column on the left and then draw a long vertical line and on the right hand side start listing all of the serious and insurmountable problems with that model or theory. 

Once Kevin [TX] has done that he should be having a lot of trouble getting to sleep at night.

Of course there are things wrong with the theory of evolution just as there are things wrong with the theory of gravity. That does NOT mean however that evolution is wrong. We have 100 percent evidence that evolution is true but many aspects of it are not known still.

Example... in a court case of a murder a video shows the suspect killing the victim. Do we really need the information of how the suspect meet the victim to prove the suspect killed the victim?...No! Evolution is no different in this case. We have the evidence that SHOWS it happens to prove it. Next comes filling in the holes that are missing or unknown.