Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 3268 times)

Paul Sr

Greetings
« on: April 12, 2018, 01:47:40 PM »
Greetings my name is Paul Greene. I am a Christian living in Washington, I have been a part of the Assembly of God church since the age of 4. I started off attending preschool classes and throughout the years advancing into the higher classes, but spiritually halted growth at around 13 years old. I was always tought that it's okay to sin as long as you repent and it was a normal part of growth. I learned many traditions of man and was always to rely on the pastor and to never question his authority. I have always struggled in the church and often wondered if I was even a true convert. The church I attended had a big emphasis on music and speaking on tongues. The pastor often told us we had to be filled and speak in tongues. Me who never received this gift felt alone and not worthy so I studied the word and found out what they called tongues was not in the Bible. So that made me question everything they did and come to find out when you start questioning the church and pastor you get told you're wrong, you're too judgmental, why look at the bad when there is good. I have recently removed myself and family from that church. I thank God I found CLE. I hope more people are reached and come to the truth. God bless.

Suelong88

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »
Welcome Paul!

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:45:17 PM »
That's so sad how many those types of church buildings are leading astray. After I finished writing the teaching on Jehovah's Witnesses, and understanding the origins of the many Adventists cults out there, I basically don't trust anything that starts with the words "Assembly of..."
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 06:44:45 PM »
I used to attend an Assembly of God church, too, and they're basically just a more liberal version of the United Pentecostals. Pentecostals are more strict in matters of dress, music, and a bunch of other things you're not allowed to do, whereas even our pastor would show up to preach in jeans.

Praise God you found your way out of that mess!

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 04:25:05 PM »
Greetings Paul, and welcome!

I agree with you, it is SO good to have found CLE and have a place to come to, where we can hear the Truth and to have found other like-minded Christians, who want to hear the Truth.

It is a tragedy how most of the church buildings are leading many astray, and not teaching God's Truth.

Thanking God for this church family we have here :-)

Masha

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 05:18:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Paul. I pray the Lord will help you to grow in Him.
Masha

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 12:54:18 PM »
Welcome Paul!  You are absolutely right!  It is satanic jibberish.  I am glad you found Chris' teaching.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13