Author Topic: Becoming a "member" of a "church building".  (Read 1756 times)

davehenry

Becoming a "member" of a "church building".
« on: September 22, 2018, 12:24:39 PM »
I have always wondered about so many church buildings and why it is claimed by them that becoming a "member" is a must.The last building i was @ there was a situation were adultary was happening,i mentioned to the "pastor" about it bringing up Matthew 18:15-17-church disipline as obviously sin was being allowed in,but he said the person in the act wasn't a "member" and therefore nothing could be done or said.I've been meaning to mention this b4 but it kept slipping my mind.The body of Christ cannot be divided,which true
born again believers are part of whether in a building or not.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many.
If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
If the whole body [were] an eye, where [were] the hearing? If the whole [were] hearing, where [were] the smelling?
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
And if they were all one member, where [were] the body?
But now [are they] many members, yet but one body.1 Corinthians 12:12-20
Would the whole thing just be for power and to lord over people in the building as Doitrephes in 3 John?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:38:12 PM by davehenry »

Masha

Re: Becoming a "member" of a "church building".
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »
Unfortunately I have had quite a few similar experiences. In the 'churches' of today it is not popular to preach against sin, to address sin and to condemn sin. It simply hardly happens, and therefor churches are not able to disciple, edify, rebuke and exhort. They are lukewarm and the salt they are supposed to be has lost the savior. I think the main reason is that pastors are afraid people will walk away. And they might. Just so they can find another place where they can remain seated on the benches comfortably with their sins. That also has the root in greed, the more people in on the benches, the more tithes in the basket. To address sin and therefor possibly have people run away would not be profitable.
All that talk about being a member has also to do with money (in my perspective). I do not believe it has any value to God, because He knows what is in the heart. (Psa 44:21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart. )
When we stand before our Mighty God, He will not be impressed by the fact we were a member of church so and so... that is really not going to be of any significance..

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Becoming a "member" of a "church building".
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 02:58:06 PM »
The body of Christ cannot be divided,which true
born again believers are part of whether in a building or not.
+1

Indeed, it is not a building that is the standard, but I often say "church buildings" because I refer to those who falsely believe that the "church" is represented by a special building. Well said that the Body of Christ cannot be divided, but we are divide ourselves away from those who exhibit works and doctrine that is contrary to Christ, so that, peradventure, their souls would be saved.
I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
-1Co 5:9-13

We send them out so that God may judge them, and that they would come to repentance, thereby gaining the grace of Christ, so that they would join the church and become members in the Spirit of God.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18