Author Topic: Answering the Mandela Effect Absurdity  (Read 9595 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Answering the Mandela Effect Absurdity
« on: September 03, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
-Acts 20:29-30

I'm making this quick post because I don't believe this subject is worth an article or an audio teaching, not to say that I'll never write one, but I think it's a waste of my time, and I want a quick link response I can give to everyone who contacts me (or who posts on the forum) about this garbage. Yes, you read correctly, the Mandela Effect nonsense is absurd garbage. I have no kinder way to put this: This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life, and it is so simplistically deceptive, I think it's embarrassing for the church that we would even have to address it, so I'm going to be very firm and direct in this post. (i.e. It's not that I don't want to patient with born again Christians, but I'm tired of the emails I've received on this matter from churchgoers trying to argue it.)

The fact is, if you believed and accepted the Mandela Effect garbage, the following apply to you:
1. You have been fooled.
2. You have denied the Christian God of the Bible.
3. You have denied the preserved Word of God in the King James Bible.

Surprisingly, I hadn't heard the name "Mandela Effect" until this past year (2018), but about two years ago, I had a guy who used to be a regular listener depart from our ministry over this topic because I tried to explain to him how ridiculous it was. He was so brainwashed into this concept, he departed into a cult, so I believe my uncompromising position on this is justified because it is not an "effect" that is deceiving people, but rather, it is the whole "conspiracy movement" and "Mandela-Effect cultists" that are of the Devil and deceiving people.

I can't remember the man's name now, and his conversation with me was over Skype and I didn't record it, so I can't go back and demonstrate it, but we'll call him "Joe" for the time being. Joe calls me up and wants to talk about this, and he started bombarding me with tons of examples, which is pretty much how everyone who has ever talked to me about the Mandela Effect has approached me. (They also start talking to me almost hysterically, like with anxiety, like they can't even get their thoughts together, which is not good.)

Here's what they do: They'll give an example of a commonly understood concept, name, place, character, movie scene, verse, etc, and then show you that the reality is different. Commonly, they'll start by showing you media examples, then deceptively slip that into the Bible. This is claimed to be "the Devil" changing things in real time to deceive everyone. When Joe contacted me, he started giving me a bunch of examples, and about half of them I refuted before he gave me the "shocking reveal" of the truth. (i.e. I already knew what the truth was through my own experiences, never having heard these examples before, which disproves the Mandela Effect.) I'm not going to go through 100 different examples, I'll just give you a couple to help demonstrate the point.

Joe mentioned the author of the Peanuts cartoon (the one with Charlie Brown) as "Charles Shultz." I told him, "No, that's not correct." Now, keep in mind, I had never heard of this Mandela Effect thing before, he was only showing me these things because he wanted me to believe it was true, but I wasn't falling for it. What he didn't know is that growing up, I took piano lessons with my brother, and while I was waiting for him to finish, I would read the newspaper comics, which had the Peanuts cartoon strip in them every week, and because of that, based on his signature, I knew that his name was actually Charles Schulz, not Schultz. (By the way, "Schulz" and "Schultz" are pronounced the exact same way; they are two different spellings of the same name, so even if someone called him "Schultz" in the media, it's still technically correct.)

Here is a scan of a very old Peanuts cartoon when Charles Schulz was very young. Look at the signature:

In short, the "Mandela Effect" cultists (hereafter called MECs, and yes, it is a cult) are trying to say that people only remember it as "Schultz" because it used to be "Schultz," but because the Devil is distorting time and space, and the Devil was able to change history so we can't fully know the truth. (If you've never heard of this before and you're thinking how stupid it is, don't worry, you're not alone; it is stupid.) However, I already knew it was Schulz, long before I knew what the "Mandela Effect" was, so what the MECs are claiming is actually just a simple matter of childish ignorance.

I'll show you another example Joe gave me to demonstrate that point: The Berenstain Bears, also known as the Berenstein Bears. The MECs will say, "You've always known them as the Berenstein Bears, but it's now been changed to Berenstain Bears with an "a" instead of an "e." Again, this is based on childish ignorance because the actual name is Berenstæin Bears because it's an Anglo-Saxon letter "ash," (like the words anæsthetic, archæology, anæmia, encyclopædia, gynæcology, hyæna, etc) and in English, both spellings sound the same, and both spellings are correct.

The following is a photograph of two old published videos of the cartoon from the exact time. They are spelled two different ways, and both are correct:

So this should be enough information to show that, if you believe as the MECs do, you are fooled and duped into the doctrine of a religious cult. So how does this affect the Christian religion and the King James Bible? Because these cultists have claimed that the King James Bible has changed over time because of the Devil's influence, which means if the Devil can change God's Word, then that is attributing authorship of God's Word to the Devil, which is the definition of blasphemy.

For example, Joe told me that Isa 11:6 had been changed by the Devil because we always grew up hearing about the "lamb and lion" laying down together, but Isa 11:6 says:
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
-Isa 11:6

The problem is that a number of generations, especially ours in digital media, have been influenced heavily by images. Many childrens' books I remember looking at in church buildings growing up had the lion laying down the with the lamb, but that does not mean the Bible was changed, it just means that someone taught it wrong, and chose to trust in images, rather than the written word.

Also, if you look closely in Isa 11:6, you'll see that the young lion is also mentioned lying down with the calf. The wolf with the lamb, the wolf with the calf, the lion with the lamb, and the lion with the calf; they all work for the context, and all of them will lie down together. This is not reason to jump to the conclusion that the Devil is manipulating space/time to alter the Word of God so mankind can never know the truth, and that's the entire purpose of the MECs. (i.e. The MECs are not Satanists, but they do the bidding of Satan by teaching this deceptive philosophy.)

If you believe that the Devil is changing the Word of God, then you don't believe this:
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
-Mat 24:35

If the Devil has changed the Word of God at any time, that means God has allowed the Devil to manipulate His Word, and thereby, he has also changed the knowledge that mankind has received from heaven. If the MECs were correct, that would mean we cannot know if ANYTHING in Scripture is true because we are unable to determine what has been manipulated. Consider for a moment, what if something was changed by the Devil in Scripture 200 years ago? What if no one is still alive to verify the change? It means no one could ever know the truth, and it also means that God's Word has already passed away because it was changed, and that would make God a liar, because the Bible says His Word is purified:
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
-Psalm 12:6-7

pure (adj): free from moral defilement; without spot; not sullied or tarnished; incorrupt; undebased by moral turpitude; holy; genuine; real; true
If you believe in the false doctrines of the MECs, should we trust that God put that verse in there, or did the Devil put it in there to deceive you? You can't know in their cultic worldview. There's a Bible verse for those conceited cultists as well:
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
-Pro 26:5

The bottom line is that there are many preachers and artists who teach the Bible wrong. I've pointed that out in many of my teachings. Thus, what the MECs are doing is, in their willful ignorance, taking the errors of pastors and artists, and putting the blame on God because, only by the will of God can His Word be changed. Many of you have learned things wrong in your childhood, which is the fault of the adults who came before, so instead of claiming there's a gigantic space/time conspiracy that's constantly changing the Word of God so it can't be known (which is their excuse not to study for the understanding of doctrine), let's have faith in the Lord God, have the humility to correct our childish errors, and teach the truth properly so the next generation isn't deceived by this "Mandela Effect" garbage.

As a final note, I have people write me frequently, telling me to "investigate" the Mandela Effect, assuming that I've never done it. In fact, I have, and I've had quite a few emails about it, but the problem was that, when I looked it over, it was so incredibly stupid, unreasonable, unbiblical, and nonsensical, I ignored it. In other words, just because I ignored it for it's deception, doesn't mean I haven't looked into it. Also, almost everyone I've told this to (who believed the ME) has departed from our ministry, and there were some people donating to us to help my wife and I provide for ourselves while I work, who stopped their donations as soon as I wrote this short expose, and I would say, "Praise God for that; that we are sanctified for the truth of His Word."
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil... Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
-John 17:15-17

I would appreciate if people would start asking me what I've researched, instead of just assuming in ignorance because I didn't publish any information on our website about some cult's backwards doctrine.

If you have believe in anything coming from the Mandela Effect cult, repent (grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing), turn away from the false doctrine, and turn to God. You'll be in good company here.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 03:49:30 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18