Author Topic: The hypocrisy of those speaking in tongues!!  (Read 4583 times)

Jephte21

The hypocrisy of those speaking in tongues!!
« on: August 24, 2018, 02:36:53 AM »
These folks are trying to prove that their satanic gibberish they call speaking in tongue is of God through medical study of the brain. It's no wonder that they want to appear righteous on the outside but on the inside are full of uncleanness.

Matthew 23:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbQBajYnEc

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
Re: The hypocrisy of those speaking in tongues!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 04:37:40 AM »
I read this post with interest. I have some comments though. You speak from hypocrisy. I rather would say it is deception. You see, I have been a pentecostal myself. For decades. Though I fully acknowledge speaking in tongues is mere gibberish, pentecostals don't see it that way. Pentecostals are taught that speaking in tongues in speaking in heavenly languages aka spiritual languages aka angelic languages. Meant to edify yourself. I came out of this deception about 10 years ago, by studying the topic speaking in tongues for myself. It is quite a story, but what caused me to do my own research was I heard some strange stories about speaking in tongues. Basically, speaking in tongues, so was taught, could be useful for spiritual warfare, could be used for gaining wisdom and spiritually knowlegde and so on. Yes, it is all superstition and, I may add, it is witchcraft. However,I would not say pentecostals are hypocrites, pentecostals are deceived. Which is bad enough.

Christopher_Belflower

• Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 06:31:54 AM »
@ minute 6:59-7:07

"You don't really care what anybody else thinks"
"We don't care if it's validated or not"

These were less noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received false doctrine with all readiness of mind, and refused to search the scriptures ever, whether those things were so.
Chris B
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 07:14:33 AM »
Joop, I'm a bit confused. Are you saying Jephte is speaking from hypocrisy or deception in pointing out the error or these people speaking in tongues? Because that's what you actually said sounds like, though it may be just a language barrier thing...

Joop

• BANNED
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »
Jephte is speaking from hypocrisy, I rather would speak from deception. Hypocrisy is actually to feign or simulate something. Pentecostals falsely BELIEVE speaking in tongues is from God i.e. the holy Spirit. Pentecostals like I was won't try to feign or simulate; pentecostals would say: you have to believe that if you speak in tongues, the holy Spirit gives you the words to utter. Of course this is actually all nonsense. Hypocrisy is simulating that what you are not (as I see it). Deception is believing something which is a lie. Inexperienced and incautious people, like I was, are open to deception. When I was about 20 years I left the R.C. Church and joined pentecostalism. I was taught how to speak in tongues. Now was I a hypocrite? No, I was deceived, though I may well have been a hypocrite in many areas. Well actually I was a hypocrite, you see, as a pentecostal I believed I was better than other Christians. I had 'more truth' and was a better person so to speak. I repented a long time ago from that attitude.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 10:03:18 AM »
Hypocrisy is deception. The phrase "speaking from" indicates the person speaking; what you probably want to say is that he accusing them of hypocrisy instead of deception. Yet, hypocrisy is deception. However, I didn't not get that from him. I saw that he approached the matter as if they are deception (clean on the outside while dirty on the inside) and foolishness because they're trying to use a "scientific" means to prove their nonsense is of God.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18