Author Topic: Narcissism and Christianity  (Read 1603 times)

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
Narcissism and Christianity
« on: August 19, 2018, 04:19:48 AM »
Recently I read in the some posts here about narcissism. To me this is a very interesting and relevant topic. Why? Because I myself experienced in a former church what I would call narcissism. Some may say, well narcissism is self-love, vanity, putting yourself on a higher level etc. This may all be true, but it is much more than that. Narcissism is, a I have experienced it, violence, spiritual rape, antichrist. There is a lot of information about narcissism on the internet and YouTube. Narcissism is often associated with the Jezebel-spirit. I believe this is true. Though narcissism is not mentioned in the Bible (it is from Greek mythology) you could clearly mention some people who were narcissistic. Like Jezebel. There is much violent abuse in churches. As I see it, narcissism often plays a big role here. I hope this topic will help to discern the narcissistic / Jezebel spirit. God bless, Joop

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Narcissism and Christianity
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:20:26 AM »
Recently I read in the some posts here about narcissism. To me this is a very interesting and relevant topic. Why? Because I myself experienced in a former church what I would call narcissism. Some may say, well narcissism is self-love, vanity, putting yourself on a higher level etc. This may all be true, but it is much more than that. Narcissism is, a I have experienced it, violence, spiritual rape, antichrist. There is a lot of information about narcissism on the internet and YouTube. Narcissism is often associated with the Jezebel-spirit. I believe this is true. Though narcissism is not mentioned in the Bible (it is from Greek mythology) you could clearly mention some people who were narcissistic. Like Jezebel. There is much violent abuse in churches. As I see it, narcissism often plays a big role here. I hope this topic will help to discern the narcissistic / Jezebel spirit. God bless, Joop

Yes, I can agree 100% with your description of narcissism and its association with the Jezebel-spirit.  That is exactly the description I found myself using quietly to myself to describe my wife/ex-wife with all of what she was doing.  The descriptions you give of violence, spiritual rape, and antichrist are 100% correct in my opinion too.  Coming face to face with such pure evil is a very frightening experience.  The narcissist will sink to depths that are way way way outside the boundaries of the normal person who doesn't believe in God and acts accordingly.  Absolutely nothing is sacred to the narcissist. 

With one of their other strong traits being manipulation I strongly get the feeling that they think they are going to confidently and arrogantly manipulate their way around God on the day of judgement even to the point that they think they will be in the seat of power and judging God   .....  hence also where the antiChrist spirit comes in.  Humility, empathy, sympathy, loyalty and honesty are traits that are completely unknown to the narcissist. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)