Author Topic: (VIDEO) Jehovah's Witness: Corruptions of Christianity p5  (Read 2060 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(VIDEO) Jehovah's Witness: Corruptions of Christianity p5
« on: August 27, 2018, 02:47:47 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

davehenry

Re: (VIDEO) Jehovah's Witness: Corruptions of Christianity p5
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:08:46 AM »
Hiya Chris,i listened to part 5 of the teaching last night and noticed around the 36 minute mark you mentioned Mathew 24:36 when the Lord Jesus said,
But of that day and hour knoweth no man,no,not the angels of heaven,but my Father only.
Correct me if i'm wrong but did you say the Lord would know as he said in John 10:30,
I and my Father are one?
You said it rather quickly so i may have heard wrong just.In Mark 13:32 the Lord Jesus said
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man,no,not the angels which are in heaven,neither the Son,but the Father.
I always took that when the Lord Jesus said,I and my Father are one that he was refering to he and the Father both being God.1 John 5:7 says,
For there are three that bear record in heaven,the Father,the Word,and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.
The Word,of course is the Lord Jesus Christ.
These three are one,is it not saying,Altho the Godhead are all God,the Father is not the Son,the Son is not the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is not the Father?
I may have picked you up wrong so please forgive me if i did.It's just that i was taught the whole "oneness" doctrine in the Apostolic building i attended years ago.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: (VIDEO) Jehovah's Witness: Corruptions of Christianity p5
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 04:04:18 PM »
Good point. As far as I understand it; while Christ was on earth, He said the Father was greater than He. (John 14:28) Since Christ is God, them being one, the only way it would make sense is because Christ was in the flesh on earth. From that perspective, at that time, Christ would not know the day or hour, but once He went back to the right hand of the Father, He would know it.

I don't fully understand that myself; namely, what God in Three Persons really is. It's another mystery of the Bible I suppose.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18