Author Topic: What is the Church?  (Read 16456 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Re: What is the Church?
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2018, 02:00:46 AM »
Maybe that's why red peppers seem to be a universal vegetable symbol for anger.  8)

I had never come across that before.  I just learned something new.  ::)

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Christopher_Belflower

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2018, 03:11:48 AM »
Timothy and Kevin,

So I owe you both an apology, and so I just want to say sorry for my responses. To Kevin for presenting materials loosely and with arrogance. And to Timothy for being ignorant or stubborn, not sure which was more prevalent but I feel guilty of both sorry in both cases.

The transparency here is good to have so there can be no respecter of persons. If Timothy had been wrong in his comments, certainly others would have said something so I am willing to admit that I was both ignorant of my actions, and stubborn in that I refused to go back and read every post with proper discernment.

Timothy, take your time on the article. If there are areas that need to be corrected, I am for it. As I mentioned on the Revelation 1:1 post, I only wrote the article because I could find no proper teaching on the subject. And to be honest, everything that all Christians understand about the future hinges on Daniel 9.

Understand I do not think the matter of future events is nearly as important as living holy lives now and preaching the gospel. But clearly, the interpretation of those 4 verses is the source of the 7-years unfulfilled, whether you are Pre-Trib or Post-Trib. Both adhere to a 7-years future and that time comes because the prophecy in Daniel is somehow not fulfilled.  I would love to know how it is not fulfilled when God says He will fulfill it in 490 years. To me, Daniel 9:24 it is a clear verse of Scripture. Everything under verse 24 is under the umbrella of time required to fulfill. Now those verses (25-27) present problems because they are not so clear. So my approach was this: Scripture is clear in verse 24 and God does not lie. How can we (man) reconcile the other verses when the top verse is fulfilled. This is what the whole issue boils down to. Is verse 24 fulfilled or not? And if not, why not?
Chris B
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2018, 03:47:06 AM »
I have to admit that while, after reading your article, I can clearly see the correlation between Daniel 9 and Matthew 24, I'm still a bit sceptical of throwing Revelation into the mix there, too. However, I have not studied the topic in enough detail, myself, in order to make an argument either for or against it.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2018, 06:10:25 AM »
I wasn't annoyed in any way and I didn't think you were arrogant towards me, I'm just always grateful when Biblical topics come up for discussion and as time allows I can delve in to the topics and try to get a more thorough understanding.  I figured that you had made an accidental error and it was easy for me to bring up the previous post to clarify the error that had occured. 

Studying scripture and trying to learn and have it change our lives and the way we interact with one another is where we differ from many others who call themselves Christians because they can't be bothered doing any of those things.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2018, 10:59:57 AM »
And to Timothy for being ignorant or stubborn, not sure which was more prevalent but I feel guilty of both sorry in both cases.

Don't worry about it. I'm still ignorant on a bunch of stuff and I've spoken out of ignorance and stubbornness several times when I believed in the pre-trib doctrine in fact. Let's move on as if it never happened.  :)