Author Topic: Deceiving to Justify His Idolatry  (Read 3905 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Deceiving to Justify His Idolatry
« on: August 14, 2018, 04:42:05 PM »

Luis from California

Hey Christopher I have a question regarding your article  on Christian symbols such as the Cross and the Icthys fish. I understand that they definitely have pagan origins and that there is many verses condemning idolatry. But in the New Testament Jesus comes healing the sick renewing the dirty of Sin simply by touching them or speaking to them, he is bringing life out of people who where already dead. Why can this not be applied to the symbols we see now.

Because that's what pagans/heathen do, and we are not to learn, and follow after, their ways (Jer 10:2).
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
-Acts 17:29-30
But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
-Acts 15:20

These verses are very simple and easy to understand, but I won't expect that everyone would understand them immediately, so is there something specific about these verses that you don't understand?
Regeneration of our souls does not mean Christ regenerated the traditions of the pagans, and that you would even attempt to imply that--where are you learning this from?
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
-Col 2:8-9

Christ is defined as the Godhead in Col 2, and Acts 17 said we ought not to think that man's device (i.e. man's invention or creation) represents the Godhead. Is there something about that you don't understand?

Jesus even tells John not to rebuke those driving out demons in his name because any one who is not against you is for you despite them doing it in the wrong way.

Don't just paraphrase it, quote the specific verses and then explain what you mean. You're asking questions about doctrine, so let's make sure we take the time and put in the effort, even in our writing to one another.
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
-Acts 19:15-17

I do agree that preaching acceptance of everything is wrong and a new age believe, but ultimately God is the Creator of all things Satan simply manipulates them, the origin is not pagan but from God.

Okay, now I have to take a different turn in this letter because that statement you just made showed me you're trying to justify something, and I really wish you would just be more straight-forward and come out to say what wicked thing you're trying to justify. Who is using the pagan symbols you hold dear? Is it your church building? Is it a preacher? Family member? What exactly are you trying to create an excuse for? Please state it simply so we can get to the heart of the matter because if you somehow believe you need these symbols, then you need to provide Scripture to back up your need for them because my Bible says I don't need them; I'll show you my faith by my works:
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. [It did not say "I will shew thee my faith by my symbols."]
-James 2:18 

For example, God is NOT the creator of traditions of causing children to pass through fire (Lev 18:21), which is another method of abortion. I teach on that here: Abortion: Paganism, Satanism, Sacrifices, and Witchcraft - You just told me in this letter that God is the creator of everything, and by everything, you are including pagan traditions, which is the contextual topic of your letter.
God did not create sin. I don't know where you are learning Scripture from, but if you believe that, you need to get out of that place immediately. Certainly, God is not the creator of idolatry, and He is not the creator of those symbols; and if Satan is the manipulator of them, then why would you ever believe that God takes the things of Satan and makes them His own? A god that would do that is a different god from the Christian God of the Bible. Show me where God has ever done that in the Bible; although I can save you some time because I know for a fact that He has never done that.

I don't exactly think many people link the Cross with a pagan symbol and if it helps spread a message that bring people to repentance in light of what Jesus did on the Cross why condemn these things?

Is the Gospel of Christ about what you personally think? Is it about how people like to perceive things? Or is it about the truth of God's Word?
Sanctify them [i.e. divide them apart to cleanness] through thy truth: thy word is truth.
-John 17:17
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
-Luke 12:51

(See "The Biblical Understanding of Sanctification" for more details.)

The fact that you believe that a "cross symbol" brings people to the light of the Gospel and repentance only shows your ignorance of the doctrines of Scripture, and it was probably due to the fact that you were traditionally taught that in a leavened church building.

In addition to that problem, you're not asking questions for knowledge, which was rather deceitful because you started out saying you had a question regarding the article I wrote. You don't really have a question; you have an objection, so that's rather deceptive. You asked a question in accusation, in which you're putting the burden of proof on me, which I don't appreciate because you're letter is nothing but your personal opinion; meaning that you haven't provided any Scripture or explanation for your position. (e.g. Like I provided Scripture, references, and explanation in my teaching.) You did NOT write me because you were in agreement, that's clear, and I have little patience for that kind of deception; there's no reason to stand on pretense with me. Just state what you want to say clearly, honestly, and straight-forward, but if you want to make an argument for use of pagan idolatry, then provide your Scripture; if you're unable to provide justification through the Scripture, then I don't really care to read about your personal feelings and opinions on the matter.

There are many other fallacies I could have pointed out in your letter, but I'll wait to see how you respond. In short, the following is the general argument you're making to me (and this comes from our teaching called "Christmas: The Rejection of Jesus"):

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
-Mat 7:18

Do you believe that a corrupt tree brings forth good fruit?

He never responded.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Masha

Re: Deceiving to Justify His Idolatry
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »
I can see why he never responded! You did an excellent job in pealing off every layer and left him with a lot of food for thought. That he may gain more understanding!! Praise the Lord for your ability to rebuke, exhort and teach, Chris.

And I notice you are a lot less sarcastic, I am happy to see that!  :D

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 02:03:27 AM »
The amazing part is that these people don't go away and think over what they have been told and take it to heart and agree that there is a solid case against them and that if they wish to continue to call themselves disciples of Christ then they need to change their ways and align themselves with God's teaching. 

The reason they don't do that is of course because they are not true believers or if they are then they are still in the infancy of their walk with Christ.

re: sarcasm
I like sarcasm because it makes the listener (well me anyway) straighten up and fly right a whole lot quicker  .....  but then that isn't often going to be the case when people can run off and hide and refuse to communicate further. 

Most entertaining as a soldier or an apprentice and seeing sarcasm directed at others.  Sometimes even more entertaining when the recipient doesn't pick up that the comments are sarcasm.  'Tis as useful as a parable.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 06:47:07 AM »
I moved the rest of this thread talking about sarcasm to the 'Christian Only' section as this turned into more of a 'church only' discussion.