Author Topic: (ARTICLE) Hell Is Real And Many People Are Going There  (Read 3554 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(ARTICLE) Hell Is Real And Many People Are Going There
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:14:44 PM »
This was an extremely short article I had from a long time ago back when I was working full time, so I didn't really have time to do much with it. This is completely rewritten, not just a renovation. It's a new article altogether, and I hope this helps all of you understand the truth and fullness of Christ's doctrine.
http://creationliberty.com/articles/hell.php
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

stevesams

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 18
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
Re: (ARTICLE) Hell Is Real And Many People Are Going There
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 11:08:32 PM »
That was a very good and sobering article.  I read a Charles Spurgeon sermon on hell and it was terrifying.  If you would like to check it out here is the link:

http://www.romans45.org/spurgeon/sermons/0039.htm

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 07:18:59 PM »
In 1 Peter 3:18-20 (KJV)  For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Is spirits in this verse talking about the wicked men and women of that time or fallen angels?
About half way through the article when that verse comes up it says wicked men and women but toward the end
(When talking about Joyce Meyers false doctrine) from the article
He did NOT know sin, and therefore, there is no Scriptural reasoning that Christ, being the glorified Son of God, would have suffered in hell at the hands of these feeble fallen angels in prison.
When it says fallen angels are you referring to Joyce Meyers false doctrine and that would be why you said that?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:28:54 PM by ThomasHGW »
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »
Joyce Meyer taught that. I would argue that "spirits in prison" are both men and angels.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18