Author Topic: Worship Team Sings the Truth!  (Read 4762 times)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Worship Team Sings the Truth!
« on: August 02, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »
I found this video on David Buzulak's FB page and it's hilarious! A worship team FINALLY sings the truth about 'worship music' but I don't know if they know just how accurate they really are.

https://www.facebook.com/IAmGodsMasterpiece11/videos/1299364710198428/

For those who don't know who David Buzulak is, he has a Facebook group called 'Rock n roll (CCM) is the devil's music'

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Worship Team Sings the Truth!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:53:45 PM »
I wasn't laughing through that at all; rather, it was a relief to hear. Such a song is a reflection of the hearts of men and women I was surrounded by in church buildings all my life, and every single one of them would swear on their mother's grave that they really meant every word they sang to Jesus, and yet, their lives and doctrine told me a completely different story.

(Hint: Most of them are LIARS!)

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
-Mat 15:8

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
-Mat 7:7
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

LABcrab

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 12:16:31 AM »
Here's the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n453yVHMpbw

Jeanne, I believe your intention was good, but please don't support Facebook freebooting. This is when someone other than the video creator (in this case, they call themselves "God's Masterpiece") reuploads a non-Facebook video (originally by PrepHeavens) to Facebook. The FB video has 3X the views compared to the original, plus the FB account shows ads for t-shirts.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 01:13:55 AM »
In the church buildings they sing one thing and then immediately do the exact opposite and when one points it out to them they get really angry and bitter and twisted.

Telling them that they also tithe a tenth of their life too in that they submit one tenth of their lives to God isn't a great way to make friends either.

Yes that video would be so funny if it wasn't true.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 03:25:30 AM »
Alex, as I said, I found this in a Facebook group I'm a member of. I could not share the link to that particular post because only members of that group can see the post, so that's why I went to the original post on FB. I do not and would not endorse the page that posted it.

Thank you for the YouTube link, however.

Suelong88

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 09:53:17 AM »
So sad, but true!  That's why I stopped singing on the worship team at the church I no longer attend.  It was more like a performance and I didn't like it.  Then I stopped singing most of the songs at all because I couldn't stand what their message truly was.  They even defile the old hymns.  (Not that all of those are accurate either.)

I'm sorry, but the one about the hair and nails was hilarious!  Cleaning the outside of the cup...
Matthew 23:25-28 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:56:18 AM by Suelong88 »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 12:19:33 PM »
The sad part is that you could tell what they were trying to do. They were trying to get that leavened churchgoing crowd to "feel the emotion." This was hinted at when the guy was singing, "I feel the emotion on Sunday, and it's gone by Monday." Don't misunderstand; I am not saying that I do not feel strong emotions to the Lord Jesus Christ, especially considering His sacrifice for me, and how he brought me to repentance of my wickedness and saved me from my sin, but those people are equating that "loving Jesus" is the same as "having emotions during music," and that's not what Scripture teaches us.

If ye love me, keep my commandments.
-John 14:15

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
-1Jo 5:3

You've got a whole crowd of churchgoers that thinking keeping the commandments of God is singing songs on Sunday and dropping money in a tithe plate. That's the problem with the video; these people are laughing in the background, and not judging themselves as they should be.

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
-1Co 11:31
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Suelong88

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 12:59:30 PM »
Yeah, that's true.  That might be the saddest of all.  But isn't it interesting that even leavened people know that these songs are wrong?  I've sung all of those songs at one time or another and it grieves me now that I did.  While the video was humorous, it is sad that so many are still so blind to all the deception.

One of my friends who still goes to that church mentioned once that she likes the worship because of how it makes her feel.  I asked her what that has to do with Christ?  She didn't have an answer.  I also pointed out how the words do not make sense biblically and she agreed, but probably didn't let it sink in.  This is my friend who goes to rock concerts every weekend (80s and CCM stuff), so she is blinded by all of that already.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 06:50:56 PM »
We can find threw the bible that we are to sing a new song to the Lord always. So make a new song and sing (to) the Lord. Most songs now days that are being sing are to the Lord but rather about God. Ant to top it off, many now days don't even mention jesus

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 12:55:12 AM »
I didn't understand most of that.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 07:30:38 PM »
Unfortunately, as a former worship team member, I laughed hysterically and so did the boys!  I don't know how they did that without laughing or more accurately breaking down.  Afterward, it really hit me how true it was, even in my own life at times.  Thanks for sharing it.  Not just a laugh, but it made me really think.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13