Author Topic: Charismatic FAKE feel good "word of the Lord" message is based in Scripture.  (Read 4742 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
This looks like a passage that the charismatics and Pentecostals use as a basis for they're "tongues" interpretation and "word of the Lord" feel good messages:

--

2 Chronicles 20:14-17 KJV
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:15:16 AM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Kenneth, could you please copy/paste the relevant in here so people don't have to go look it up? There are numerous online Bibles you can do that from. Just remember to replace all the apostrophes once you've copied it into the post box so it doesn't get cut off.

Thanks.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
Sorry, I did but it didn't show up. I should have checked.

Here you go:

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
 Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation; And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's. To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel. Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
All you have to do is take out the names and then direct the message to the people inside the church building. Very deceptive!

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
I'll be frank... I don't understand the point you're making in context of the title of this thread.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
They can take any bible verse and some how make it say what ever they desire. 

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
Hello Chris,
Maybe I was trying to cram too many thoughts into the title of this thread.

Yesterday wlas I was reading 2nd Chronicles 20:14-17 I recognized it as the same message I heard at the charismatic church we used to attend. An old lady would stand up and spout off the same message every few weeks. It was nearly word-for-word, except for the specific names.

I suppose my point was that a lot of the nonsense that is heard in fake Church buildings actually does come from scripture, however, it is completely ripped from the context and misapplied.
If people were familiar with scripture, along with its context, they wouldn't fall for such deceptions.

Jeanne

• View Profile
Can you give an example of what this lady said? Sorry, but your explanation really didn't make a whole lot of sense, either...

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
She would stand up in the middle of the congregation say:

Hearken ye, [my children], Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed for the battle is not yours, but God's. Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O [my children]: fear not, nor be dismayed; for the LORD will be with you.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
She would do this on a regular basis. Twisting the words of God to draw attention to herself and making Sunday morning meetings more exciting. The sheep got their ears tickled and the "pastor" loved it.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Well, I can give her credit; at least when she was giving a "word of the Lord," she was actually quoting Scripture. That's the only credit I can give her though.  :P
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
Yes, Chris. That is what makes it so deceptive.

One of these days all lying lips will be shut. :-X

Jeanne

• View Profile
Come to think of it, I think they did the same thing in the Assembly of God church I used to attend in Texas. Somebody would 'speak in tongues' and this same guy would always 'interpret'. I seem to remember this same sort of 'message.'

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Same stuff used to happen all the time here in Dunedin, New Zealand in the Assembly of God church I used to attend. 

If you dare bring up this piece of scripture

1 Corinthians 14 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

their reply is that back in those days girls were not allowed to go to school as boys were, but now they are educated and so they can speak.  Bring up scripture such as

1 Timothy 2 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

and they really start a hating.  Those in congregations like that couldn't care less about the Word of God, they are only there to hear what they want to hear and do as they please and think their tithing has purchased themselves a ticket in to Heaven.  Hence they think that women who speak out with their rubbish as mentioned in the other posts are big spiritual warriors for God.  All they are is uncorrected feminists. 

None of this means that people like Jeanne and Tonya etc should not be contributing to the forum as Biblical discussion is for all of God's children.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Ruth

Those in congregations like that couldn't care less about the Word of God, they are only there to hear what they want to hear and do as they please and think their tithing has purchased themselves a ticket in to Heaven.  Hence they think that women who speak out with their rubbish as mentioned in the other posts are big spiritual warriors for God.  All they are is uncorrected feminists. 

I agree with you, Kevin. There seems to be this need for grandisose outward displays of 'spirituality', whether that's via tithes, long public prayers, the tongue-babbling, or rebellious women calling themselves 'reverend' and bellowing from the pulpit.
They seem to love signs and wonders over the word of God. Isn't the antichrist going to come with signs and lying wonders?   

Jeanne

• View Profile
They seem to love signs and wonders over the word of God. Isn't the antichrist going to come with signs and lying wonders?

You're quite right, Ruth. That's why so many of these pre-tribbers are going to be deceived by the antichrist. They don't think they'll be around to see him, so they will be completely fooled.

Masha

Just wanted to add: And that is why the pre-trib is a dangerous thing! Many will fall from their faith because they believe that they will be raptured out of here when things start getting rough.