Author Topic: Sup, dudes?  (Read 3457 times)

EvilAngryHatefulManMan

Sup, dudes?
« on: July 18, 2018, 12:30:55 AM »
Well, I'm a born again Christian. However, it would make more sense to say it feels like I was born again twice. Once at the age of 15, when I knowingly, publicly confessed my faith in Jesus Christ, renounced evil, confessed my sins to Him, and accepted His death on the cross and following resurrection to free me and give unto me eternal life...

Yeah, then came the loooooooooooonnnnnnnng journey of seeking after the truth. You see, at a young age, without understanding the significance of what I was asking, I prayed Solomon's prayer to God. I asked Him for Wisdom. I wanted Wisdom above all other things. It was this prayer which taught me to be careful what you wish for (or ask for), because you just might get it. And I did. Learning the difference between the "Christian" community I was familiar with, and what is actually written in the Bible was the most mind boggling, long, drawn out, life altering thing I have ever done. And it's not over. In fact, it never will be. I'll have to stay in The Word all the days of my life. To meditate on God's Law and His Commandments.

Well, I don't want to write a book, (though I've written one already lol), but I just hope I can share, give, receive, and rejoice with my fellow Christians here.

Have a good night people, it's way too late over here,
Christian Gonzales

Masha

Re: Sup, dudes?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:06:32 AM »
Hi christian,
your title and forum-name puzzle me, but maybe Im experiencing a cultural difference???
I would like to know more about what you believe...? Could you elaborate a bit more on that??
Thank you
masha

Hakim Mohamad

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 03:00:05 AM »
Hi Christian,

Maybe you just forgot to mention the interesting stuff, but all I find in your post is what a great person you are.
You say "I prayed this" and "I prayed that" and "I learned this" and "I did this" and "I found knowledge" and "I wrote this" and you boast about how better you are than the "Christian" community.

But what die Jesus do in your Life besides giving you wisdom?
What are your thoughts on repentance and humbleness?
And why do you use a username that glorifies evil and hatred? Shouldn't er sanctify ourselves from souch wicked things?
Sorry that I'm not super welcoming but that's my honest thoughts about your first post and it raises a whole number of questions.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
I'm in agreement with everyone else. The "Hey" "Yo" "Sup" style of speech does not testify of Christ; neither does your username. Your emails to me have been similar to what you've written on this forum.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Ruth

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Christian.

I'm interested to know what you meant when you say you felt like you were born again twice?

Tristan David Smith

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 04:57:02 AM »
hello Christian,

why do you make light of this?, second question share give and receive what exactly?
third question, precisely why did you mention that you wrote a book?, and compounding this why did you state you don't want to write one, what are you attempting to imply?(fourth question)

rollingh10

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 11:18:59 PM »
hello Christian
 How can a person be born again twice ? Chris just put up a new 6 part series called " Repentance Is It Part Of Salvation"
followed by " False Converts In The Church" ? If not,  I suggest that you watch it or read it . I watched it on Youtube .  You can only be born in the spirit once, not twice .

(John 3:3-7) "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  {4} Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother

rollingh10

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 11:23:57 PM »
 Somehow the verse I posted looked good on my review , but all of it didn't all show up on my last post

(John 3:3-7) "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  {4} Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 12:31:03 AM »
Hi Timothy

Yes, there are quite few characters that the software disallows when posting but the preview does allow them.  Very frustrating having to remember to post and then check that the posting went OK.  Very important to save the text to a plain text file before posting so that characters can be changed as needed to repost.

re: born again twice

Also

Hebrews 6 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8 but that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

i.e. as also in Chris' last teaching about the "pastor" who thought he would have a go at living as a non-Christian for a year.  (I hope I got the details right there).
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 01:26:43 AM »
Hi Timothy, I'm reposting that Scripture you keep trying to show. You have to replace the apostrophes manually. Anyway, it doesn't look like this guy has been back at all. He hasn't logged in again since his last post.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Zack

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 02:09:12 PM »
I am somewhat dumbfounded by the username...

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
He hasn't been back since, and we were also confused. I don't think he'll be back. I'll wait a while, and if he doesn't return, then I'll probably delete his account. His communication with me in email was also really strange, and I was very suspicious of him.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18