Author Topic: If Starbucks Marketed Like Church Buildings  (Read 4051 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
If Starbucks Marketed Like Church Buildings
« on: July 12, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »

I do not support or endorse whatever website or organization made this; I just saw a lot of very accurate similarities to the modern day church buildings. I was somewhat frustrated just watching it, even though it's meant for completely comedic purposes, only because I remember going through that same garbage the way they do it in the leavened church buildings of America.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Suelong88

Re: If Starbucks Marketed Like Church Buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »
That was hilarious!   ;D  Sad that I could relate everything they presented with how people in church buildings act.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 03:21:09 PM »
Lorraine was frustrated listening to it. Especially when he yelled "Java-lujah!" from the back.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 04:21:40 PM »
That was excellent and quite timely.  I just passed that link on to a friend of mine from the pool.  As I continually tell him, real church is not at all like the nonsense that goes on in the church buildings.

but what Chris wrote concerning the Ezra posting is the most relevant in this situation:

but there's no need to get a wicked man's heart side-tracked with the truth of the Word until God humbles his heart to listen.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 05:49:08 PM »
Come one, come all and bring your friends with you! No need to keep the church for born-again Christians only; we welcome everybody; doesn't matter if you're an atheist or some other religion, LGBTQXYZ--just get 'em here and let 'God' do the rest!

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 06:03:59 PM »
Interesting how the title is if starbucks marketed like a church (there was plenty of that in there) but its really like the perspective of two people going to a church building for the first time, that's the frustrating part!
I have to admit I did laugh while watching it though :-\
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

davehenry

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »
Definately a little taste of every church building i've been to is in there,different flavours but same ingredients".

Zack

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 02:06:03 PM »
I like scones so I might consider this joint.

Jokes aside - I always feel super uncomfortable when faced with a 'guest card' immediately asking for info. It's sort of like those 'pop up' marketing forms that request your email after 1 second of landing on a website

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 02:19:33 PM »
A lot of churchgoers don't realize that those are mostly used for statistical analysis. It's a pathetic attempt at adding a "personal touch" to a situation (i.e. a gigantic crowd) in which you can't have a personal touch, under the guise of trying to establish visitor frequency in ratio to the amount of money they take in to estimate costs and investments into useless, worldly things to gain even more numbers.
And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
-Luke 12:16-21

Zack

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it. It's obviously a numbers game with some of these. There are plenty here where I'm at.   It bums me out if I'm being honest....

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 06:58:11 PM »
Chris, you were so right!  That is too true.  And sad.  BUT FUNNY!!! 
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 04:57:48 AM »
I been to a church with a Starbucks in side and I am not sure if it is one in video but it looks almost like that. U see when they stand in line u can see a move able wall and just like the one I was in it has a store to sell bibles cups t shirts it is called 4 square church