Author Topic: Vows/Promises  (Read 2332 times)

davehenry

Vows/Promises
« on: July 08, 2018, 11:48:36 AM »
Hi ya'll.
i've recently started a study on making promises/vows and have come to a point that i'd want to ask somebody more versed in the word.
If proverbs 26:28 says,
A lying tongue hateth those that are affected by it;and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.
And 1 John 3:15 says,
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer:and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
And 1 John 3:14 says
We know that we have passed from death unto life,because we love the brethren.He that loveth  not his brother abideth in death.
Matthew 25:40 also says,
Insomuch as ye did it not to the least of these,ye did it not to me.

Are those guilty of the above dogmatically false converts?maybe "dogmatically" may be too strong a word,so please correct me if needed.
I started back in Numbers 30:2 and Ecclesiastes 5:5-7 but will keep this short.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:54:48 AM by davehenry »

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Vows/Promises
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 12:32:48 PM »
I wouldn't say they are automatically false converts. Again, it depends on repentance. King David broke all ten commandments with Bathsheba, yet God STILL called him a man after His own heart. God forgave him, but he still had to go through the earthly repercussions of his sin.

Chris wrote an article on lies, and also one on Christians sinning:

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/lies.php

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/sin.php

Now, if someone claiming to be a Christian continually does these things and shows no sign of repentance, then yes, I would say they are probably a false convert.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:37:14 PM »
Agreed, it comes down to repentance. People don't take the Word of God seriously that their words will be judged, and every instance in which we have spoken our word and not kept it will be judged by God, but those who repent in the faith of Christ will be pardoned.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

davehenry

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 02:49:19 PM »
Thanks,that will help me alot.Repentance(godley sorrow)is definetley key but continual habitual sin is where questions need to be asked.I will download the articles and have a look through,i'm sure there will be quite a bit to glean from.Thanks for the replies".