Author Topic: Chronological Bible  (Read 5035 times)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Chronological Bible
« on: March 03, 2018, 11:17:44 AM »
I have a Chronological Bible which I find very useful. It's set up in daily readings so you can get through the whole Bible in a year and passages are in chronological order so that you get one continuous story. This makes it easier to fit everything into a timeline.

Amazon only has this Bible available in Kindle for the KJV. Of course, they have hard copies available for most of the other popular New Age versions such as the NKJV, NIV and NLT...

If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of this Bible, you can check it out here:

https://www.amazon.com/One-Year-Chronological-Bible-KJV-ebook/dp/B00AEB3D2M/ref=pd_sim_351_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PBVN6XVXH4T44MJJ08GK

Alternatively, I have listed the daily readings out in a Word doc. One document is for printing on A4 paper size and the other is for letter size (8 1/2 x 11).

Angel

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Angel
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Chronological Bible
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 02:15:58 AM »
Praise God!! Thank you Jeanne. After you and Masha made your recommendations to me, I did go into Amazon, but there were so many NKJV versions. I was also put off by the ones that had comments, so I bought a hard copy KJV. Thanks for placing the link for this one :-)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 12:15:07 PM »
WOW!  Angel, I can't believe you could get a hard copy!!  That is great! 

I have a VI, so the digital works best for me.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 04:12:59 PM »
Tonya, I think she meant she just got a regular Bible in hard copy, not the chronological one.

Angel

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Angel
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 01:36:45 AM »
WOW!  Angel, I can't believe you could get a hard copy!!  That is great! 

I have a VI, so the digital works best for me.

Hi Tonya - Yes Jeanne is right. I just got the regular KJV bible.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 12:31:05 AM »
I always wondered about this. chronological bible. How do we know that is the order god wanted them to be In? Did he have a reason to put the bible the way he did? Should we change it? May be it is right the way it is? I do not know but like to know

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 03:57:32 AM »
I'm not sure the Chronological Bible has everything in exactly the right order, either, but it's a lot closer than the way the traditional Bible is set out.

The entire text of the KJV is there, but where different books of the Bible record the same events (sometimes using the same words, even) those passages are put next to each other. So, for instance you have something that is recorded both in Kings and Chronicles, those are right next to each other. When Kings and/or Chronicles mention a certain king and we know that a particular prophet's ministry was during that king's reign, then the appropriate passages that prophet wrote are inserted at that point.

It's just another study tool, that's all, as it helps to have events laid out in approximately the order in which they happened. Most people don't study the Bible from cover to cover anyway; they skip around or look for different topics. If you're not comfortable with that, then don't use it.