Author Topic: What religion claims God is a woman?  (Read 7589 times)

stevesams

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 18
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
  • Belief: Christian
What religion claims God is a woman?
« on: February 20, 2018, 09:27:58 PM »
This past Sunday as I was getting ready to go into my apartment; I was approached by lady who claimed that God was a woman an that she could prove it  I was so taken back and offended by what she said, I responded with I didn't want to hear that garbage and went inside my apartment.   The whole setting and the feeling that I got was very unnerving.  I wish I would have responded differently, but at the time I was just caught off guard and rather than debate with her, I said what I said and went inside.  I have no idea what religion teaches that.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: What religion claims God is a woman?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 11:02:18 PM »
Paganism teaches that. Her "proof" likely would have been some fraudulent junk that would have been a waste of time. However, I have also been caught off guard many times, and every Christian will experience this. We ought to keep preparing ourselves to face those times, and we have to learn to be temperate (even keeled; not quick to emotional reaction):
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
-1Co 9:24-26

Paul's talking about shadow boxers vs real boxers. Real boxers are far faster and stronger than shadow boxers, which is why people who take on opposition on a regular basis are far more adept at handling even off-guard situations because they practice it. Even when I talk with a person who tells me they are a pagan, I listen to them and ask them questions, then I tell them what the Living God says about what they do:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
-Gal 5:19-21

The witches I've spoken with either get angry or uncomfortable. How to handle things from there just takes practice and experience.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Anvilhauler

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 02:13:00 PM »
Typically we do tend to deal with that situation on a regular basis but possibly without realising it.  Just the same as in the forum here people can write whatever they want, but they have to have Biblical basis to back up their beliefs. 

With that woman it would have put her on the defensive to comment that "I would really like to see how you arrive at the belief that God was a woman from the Bible which is the Word of God".

I was approached by lady who claimed that God was a woman an that she could prove it

That's where those printed tracts would come in useful because then she would have the address for the CLE forum and then she could come along and give her "proof"    .....  and then watch it get torn to shreds.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
I suppose my point was to say that we have the Word of God, which is the strongest evidence for anything on this planet. It's incredibly powerful. Thus, if we just learn to utilize the Word of God in such situations, we won't need a CLE forum link.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

stevesams

• BANNED
  • Edification: 18
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:08:24 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I was very much unhappy with with how I handled that situation. 

This verse came to mind after I sat down and thought about what just happened. 

1 Peter 3:15-16 King James Version (KJV)
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 09:50:33 PM »
I couldn't count the amount of times I've been unhappy with how I handled run-ins too. It's not just you, but it gets better as we become more tempered. All of us gotta' go through it. I still have run-ins in recent months I wish I could re-do.

Anvilhauler

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 11:58:39 PM »
Same for me, all the things I think of in hindsight.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 11:28:47 PM »
I have never read the book myself but apparently a book called "The Shack", which was widely available in "Christian" book stores for quite some time also teaches something along those lines so you may have been surprised to discover that she wasn't a pagan but a someone who confesses they are believer. I had something like that happen to me with someone I used to go to church with and they based what they told me from that book.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Masha

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 07:57:04 AM »
I think the idea that God is a woman is widespread in the new age. The gnostiscs believe God is represented in Sophia as the female part. ( I have also read about other names f.e. Chokma) But I believe each group has pretty much created their own version. I have also heard of the old Israelites worshipping a feminine God in the temple called A

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 11:59:44 AM »
Masha, your post cut off again and we didn't get the rest of what you were saying.

Masha

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
thank Jeanne, I didn't see that.

I have also heard of the old Israelites worshipping a feminine God in the temple called Aserah alongside with JHW (Which I don't think is pronounced as Jahweh but JeHoVah). The idea would be that Aserah is Gods wife. In the occult book the da Vinci code by Dan Brown he suggests that Maria Magdalema is Jesus' wife. The idea of a female being part of the Godhead or being the only God (mother Earth) is common in many newage groups. There seems to be a desire to include some feminism also into religion. The catholics solved this by making Mary into the queen of Heaven.
I think these are all things to distract us and confuse us about the ONE LIVING GOD.

About the run inns (I never heard that word before) I also feel very incapable and my knowledge, tact, memory of verses, understanding and boldness are truly always inadequate. I had 2 jehovawitnesses at my door the other day and I really did an awful job. I only got to John 1:1 and showed them their corrupt bible by comparing it to my KJV. Then I managed to say that Jesus is God and that hell is a real place. I didn't even have a tract ready to give to them!
But I also realised that I was probably the only one in my neighbourhood that said anything to them. That is better than nothing. Sometimes we really don't know how God uses the limited knowledge, words and wisdom we have to water a seed that in it's turn might grow. It is always God that gives the increase , not us.
   1Co 3:7, So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

davehenry

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
Yeah,Kabbalah claim that the Holy Spirit is the female aspect of God-Shekhinah
Wherefore I say unto you,All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:but blasphemy [against] the [Holy Ghost] shall not be forgiven unto men.Matthew 12:31.
I think their "tree of life" represents devine emanations of God's creation itself,they use 10 or 11 principles(sephirot)sorry if spelt wrong.Correct me if need be,but,would the Kabbalah not have origionated from Solomon when he had the 700 wifes and 300 concubines?they all worshipped countless other god's and one of the names of the Hexagtam is Solomons seal,the most wicked symbol in the occult.Thhat book THE SHACK is based on Kabbalah also.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:39:56 PM by davehenry »

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 01:46:44 PM »
I just remembered that Hinduism has a LOT of female deities and with the increased practice of  yoga (now there is another can of worms) in America and worldwide there is likely an increased awareness of these figures.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

davehenry

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »
Would catholicss not see "Mary" as god in a way?she is co redemtrix and I think they believe that "Jesus" is so angry that they have to go to his "mother"first.Correct me id i'm wrong tho.

Masha

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 03:54:05 PM »
Catholics see Mary as a mediator between them and God. So they take away that exclusive position from Jesus and hand it to a human woman. They worship her just like they worship Jesus. They have (repetative) prayers specifically to her: Hail Mary. I have never heard the reason was that Jesus is angry. I believe they needed to give the pagans a female deity and they made Mary into one. Catholic churches are full of statues and images of her and they bow down to her, pray to her and worship her. Some of these statues are also performing so called miracles like crying blood. It is really demonic, a wicked deception and blasphemy.

The strongest verse to rebuke catholics about it would be:  Luke 8: 19, Then came to him his mother and his brethren, and could not come at him for the press.
    20, And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
    21, And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it. 

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 07:19:28 PM »
But the Catholics would ignore that one, too, as they teach that Mary remained a virgin for the rest of her life and never had any other children.

But then they'll go and believe that Jesus had children with Mary Magdalene. Go figure...

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 07:40:26 PM »
They are people who are not desperate for answers and they have no eager desire to find the truth and the last piece of material they would ever want to read is the Bible but they want to call themselves Christians and have others call them Christians too and not be challenged on their false doctrines.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 10:45:50 PM »
The Catholic church has been pretty much responsible for giving Christians a bad name for centuries. Like the rest of the world blaming 'Christianity' for the Crusades...