Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2913 times)

afc44

Introduction
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:47:05 AM »
Greetings.

My wife and I live in the south.  We have tried many Baptist churchs and have become disillusioned by what we see are the five types of Baptists: (a) Calvinists, who we cannot agree with; (b) dispensationalists (Ruckmanites); (c) emotional types that use yelling/crying as substitutes for belief or, at the very least, to amplify their minimal amounts of same; (d) the cult-esque types (Hyles, Andersonites, etc.) that worship men more than God; and (e) the dead churches that just don't believe anything anymore and are overly worldly.  We tried (d), but found them to be hate-filled groups full of cliques and self-righteousness, as well as a very obvious lack of brotherly love.  As for (c) and (e), which tend to overlap, most of these are run by Pastors who allow their wives to work, have no trouble with TV/Disney, and are just fine sending their girls off to college to be brainwashed with worldiness/feminism.  Ironically, it is (a) and (b) that tend to have the most people that truly even TRY to live the Bible.  So you have a choice between the competing poisions of false doctrine, man-worship, and world-worship. 

We are relatively new to being Baptists, but cannot help but see churches today that are just plain frauds.  We are KJV believers just looking to find other people who feel the same way and want to live right.  Not for salvation, obviously.  But to give our kids the best chance.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
We can completely relate to what you said here... assuming I understood it. I'll confess, though very organized and well-thought out, I kinda' felt like I just got through algebra class.  :P

I've got so much on my plate right now that I haven't taken the time yet to prioritize a teaching on the fallacy of denominations and how unbiblical they are. God willing, one day, I'll get around to it, but as for our church, we tend to avoid denominations in general, and that is because, as you generally stated, the leavened is so widespread.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:35:51 PM »
Hi Anthony,

As Chris said, most of us here have quit having anything to do with denominations. Not only that, but for the most part, we've quit going to church buildings altogether. There's just too much leaven in just about any flavour of organised religion -- even in the churches that are not 501(c)(3) incorporated. Just a few examples:

They use the one-pastor church system and whatever the pastor says, goes.
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/onepastor.php
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/authority.php

They use titles when talking/referring to people: http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/reverend.php

Tithing: http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/tithe.php

Celebrating pagan holidays such as Christmas and Easter: http://www.creationliberty.com/articles.php#Holidays

They not only have no problem with 'Christian' symbols such as the cross and the fish, but they actively use them:
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/symbol.php

I could list more, but you get the idea. There's another guy here named Kevin (he goes by 'anvilhauler' here) who could tell you stories about his experiences with the Baptist 'church' that would make your hair stand on end.

Masha

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 12:59:59 AM »
Hi Anthony,
Like many other here I can relate to your experiences. The Lord saved me out of the occult without even having a Bible, so I went through a long journey of churches/teachers/denominations etc.  I pray you will find rest here and fellowship with, not perfect by far but true born again Christians that seek the Lord and His truth.
Welcome to the forum!
Masha

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 07:44:29 AM »
Hi Anthony

Welcome to the forum from me.  I'm the Kevin that Jeanne mentioned.  Good to read that you have left the denominations behind.  I won't go in to the details but what goes on in the church buildings is purely destructive.  Very pleasing to read that you are protecting your family from their influence.

Anyway, welcome to a good church that operates as a church is supposed to.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 12:25:21 PM »
We are relatively new to being Baptists, but cannot help but see churches today that are just plain frauds.  We are KJV believers just looking to find other people who feel the same way and want to live right.  Not for salvation, obviously.  But to give our kids the best chance.
It's been over three months and this guy hasn't logged back in once since he wrote this. Either they found something else they were looking for, or he was lying and this was all for show. Either way, I'm going to delete his account. I just don't understand the purpose of coming onto this site, registering an account, making a post that's relatively vague, and then never coming back. That makes no sense.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18