Author Topic: Let me introduce myself  (Read 4674 times)

rollingh10

Let me introduce myself
« on: June 25, 2018, 11:52:19 PM »
Hello everybody , I am a Christian that believes everything written in the King James version bible and refuse to read or hear anything from any other versions . I also refuse to join a church , I was told by a pastor of a new testament church that it is biblical to join a church , because Christians must be together . I have struggles and I do indeed need to be with other Christians and I do need to associate with other Christians but I will not join a Church , if I am born again then I already belong to a church , not an earthly church . I was on this forum before and I never really left this forum , I just never posted for a few months and it was not because of any issues with this forum and with anybody on this forum, it was other personal issues on my part that has nothing to do with this forum . I still listen to Chris's teachings and I fully agree with what he teaches .

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Let me introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 04:42:42 AM »
Hi, Timothy. Welcome back! I hope you can be more active this time so we can get to know you better.

rollingh10

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
Thank you Jeanne , I have been very busy lately , I am 76 years old and it takes me longer to get tasks at hand done . I haven't been reading my bible much lately , I need to get back into the word .

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »
Ah, at last! Somebody finally here older than me!  ;D

Masha

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
Hi Timothy, welcome back! I sure hope you find time to read the Bible.
And if you have some more time left it would be nice to hear from you on the forum.

And to Jeanne: leaves me wondering what your age is?? Or is that inappropriate?? ;D

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 04:09:04 PM »
Hi Timothy

Good to see you back.  I was wondering what had happened to you and was hoping you were OK.

Kevin
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 08:12:40 PM »
I'll be 61 next month.

rollingh10

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 09:38:16 PM »
Thank you for the welcome Masha , The last time I was on the forum I never mentioned that I lived in Rotterdam for over 3 months of course I never met any Christians there back then , One thing I did like was the fish and chips there , the best.
I do use the bible to research but what I really need to do is to read it and study it more.

rollingh10

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 10:11:59 PM »
Hello Kevin , really good to hear from you again. I don't get on my computer much anymore, only to purchase needed items and check my email , I may take a break in the morning and when I retire in the evening to go online . so now I will make it a point to take enough time to login on this forum , I learn more to read what others write and of course to post my comments.
I am a poor typist and speller , so it takes time for me to write a comment . I need to get back into the word .

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 01:38:48 AM »
Hi Timothy

For my usual Bible reading I use ePub files I have created that have the chapter and verse numbers removed and read the files on a KOBO eReader.

For usual reading I have always found the chapter and verse references to be distracting and I prefer to read Paul's letters etc as close to how they would have been written.  It is more than 20 years ago now since I first saw a CD on the front of a computer magazine and it had the whole KJV Bible included.  That was when it dawned on me that I could have a copy of the Bible on the computer as I wanted it because I could copy the text and remove all numerals with a word processor and I could also do fast complete Bible word and phrase searches and also look at the chapter and verse references as I needed to.  I don't think there was biblegateway on the internet in those days and I didn't have the internet at home anyway because I couldn't afford it.

It is only in the last couple of years I changed from the KJV to the AKJV and created new ePub files after having a small discussion about it with Chris and Jeanne in the forum here shortly after I joined.  I do have to admit that the AKJV is way better because it is arranged in to paragraphs. 

The only books I haven't completed creating new files for is Psalms and Proverbs.  They have been on my to do list for over a year now.

Anyway, if it helps in any way to make Bible reading easier I can highly recommend eReaders especially the KOBO Glo HD.

Rgrds

Kevin
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 10:18:34 AM »
I've never bothered with a dedicated e-reader since I have the Kindle app on my phone and iPad...

rollingh10

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 12:39:39 PM »
Masha , I am glad to meet a Christian from Nederland now , I wish i did back then , I really hate my past . nothing to be proud of.

rollingh10

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 12:43:23 PM »
Hello Kevin , I have the KJV Pure Bible Search which I use now

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 02:26:35 AM »
Timothy, just as a heads up, you don't have to reply to each person in a separate post. You can just do it on separate lines in the same post, which will keep threads from becoming too cluttered.

Much appreciated, thanks!

rollingh10

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 11:45:34 AM »
Thank you for the heads up :)