Author Topic: Hello Everyone from Los Angeles  (Read 3422 times)

Ciahunter

Hello Everyone from Los Angeles
« on: June 25, 2018, 11:09:05 PM »
My name is Marcia Hunter, I am 42 and currently living in Los Angeles CA. I was born in Savannah, Georgia and raised in Greensboro, North Carolina. I have two daughters 18 and 23.

I am a Christian but marked "other" for my belief in error if someone can help my change that.

I was raised in the United Methodist Church. I learned many traditions of man but only recently started to learn the Truth of Jesus Christ an it made me realize that a lot of things in my life were ungodly. I greatly thank the Lord God for allowing me to read and hear His Word and begin to understand the difference between the will of God and the traditions of men. I still have a long way to go in my learning if anyone has any tips to share with me on how to study the Word of God, I would appreciate it. I am starting at Genesis 1:1 and just going to read and pray for understanding.

I hope to one day in the near future make at least 20 posts in conversation with you all and have my account upgraded to access the "Born-Again Christian" group to join in the live Bible study group.

I am very blessed to have been led by the Lord to find such a community of other believers who are of the same mind in Christ Jesus. May our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all!

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hello Everyone from Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:13:52 PM »
I fixed it. I also removed the other posts.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Ciahunter

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 11:17:09 PM »
Thank you!

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 04:48:30 AM »
Hi Marcia,

Just in case you were not aware, the audio teachings on the CLE website include the first half of the weekly teachings where Chris has been going through the entire Bible. Unfortunately, the first teachings were not recorded so these Bible studies start in the Psalms and continue to where we are now, in Acts. That's a little over four years' worth, though!

Masha

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »
Hi MArcia,
The Bible is an truly amazing book! I got lost when I read it for the first time, and I simply started at Genesis 1:1. It took me a while to understand that I needed to pray before reading. It was only then that I started understanding what I was reading and that the Lord diligently lead me trough His mighty Word. I do not believe there is a special way to study it perse. I think we all learn and grow differently. But I am 100% sure the Lord Himself will be your guide if you ask Him. And the beauty is God knows you like no other, so He knows what you can handle and what is still meat for you.
I pray you will grow in Him, welcome to the forum!
Masha

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 04:04:26 PM »
Hi Marcia

Welcome from me too.

Kevin
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Ciahunter

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 11:54:27 PM »
Thank you Jeanne, Masha & Kevin for your warm welcome and prayers! I look forward to getting to know you all in my journey. I pray to be rooted in Gods Truth and grow in faith!

hidals

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 03:10:46 PM »
Hi Marcia, like you I too grew up going to Church Buildings and followed traditions of man. I give GOD glory and thank him that by his Spirit He has allowed me to understand his truth. My desire to seek him more each day and learn more about his character and who he truly is has rekindle the fire in me for him. My prayer for us is that Christ Yahushua -Jesus, continue to reveal the truth and expose the lies. Stay diligent and keep your lamp full with oil, he's coming back soon.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2: 12-16

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »
I hope to one day in the near future make at least 20 posts in conversation with you all and have my account upgraded to access the "Born-Again Christian" group to join in the live Bible study group.
Sad... either something very bad happened to her, which I hope is not the case... or she lied. (i.e. Check the dates on the posts.) Removing her account.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18