Author Topic: Natural treatments and "Cures" for sicknesses and ailments  (Read 1276 times)

Peter

Natural treatments and "Cures" for sicknesses and ailments
« on: July 29, 2016, 07:01:06 AM »
Hello brothers and sisters. I just recently started to become educated in natural medicine and have been literally amazed at the cures that are found in herbs and various green things. My first introduction was back in the early 90's when I had a peptic ulcer that the doctors said there was no cure and a man turned me onto a daily dose cabbage juice. Half a cabbage in the morning and the other half at night. After a couple of days, the ulcer stopped causing me pain and after 2 weeks, it was completely healed. I really didn't have a strong desire to learn much back then, but lately I have heard of so many people being told by their doctors that they are going to have to be on a pharmaceutical medication for "the rest of their life." This is becoming way too common, so I began looking into natural remedies to help people out. I am a novice, but I have already seen healing wonders in myself and many friends and family members. The more I learn about herbs and various fruits and vegetable, the more it appears that there must be a cure for every sickness known to man.

I wanted to start a thread to find out what others know about natural remedies for common health problems such as diabetes, thyroid problems, cancer, infections/wound care, fungus, Lupus, ALS, menstrual "issues" -pun intended-, UTIs, Lyme disease,  and other problems maybe common or uncommon. Also, If anyone has some good resources to help, that would be great.

I have a friend that suffered from irregularity with her menstrual cycle for most of her adult life. At 40 years old, she began having heavy bleeding issues that kept her flow going for over a month straight. I learned that the leaves from raspberry plants are good for that, so I harvested a bucket full of them and dried them for tea. She began to make 2 cups of tea daily and after two days she dried up and continued this for about 3 months. Her "issue" -pun intended- was relieved for 8 months. She was in better reproductive health than she has ever been her entire adult life, but the issue began again after about five months of not having the leaf tea. I harvested some more for her and again, the problem stopped. In my research on this topic, it seems that their is a huge field of souls to harvest as most people that study these things are spiritually involved in New Age and far eastern mystic philosophy.

If anyone else has something to share, testimonies, resources, scripture, advice in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ to people in this field of interest, please do share. I'm looking forward to hearing and learning. Thanks

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart." Proverbs 104:14&15

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: Natural treatments and "Cures" for sicknesses and ailments
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 08:18:39 AM »
There is quite a big push in New Zealand to get people off of medication and to have their health problems rectified by diet and lifestyle.  I was at a research seminar recently where the researcher was showing the statistics of how much better the health and quality of life were for older people who were taken off prescription medicines.  Prescription medicines are a major health hazard.  A major problem though is trying to get people to eat the foods they should be eating.

Many of today's medicines are still natural compounds that are extracted from plants and pharmaceutical companies just measure how much of the compound is in a certain mass of the plant and then make up a means of getting it to the patient   .....  at a substantial profit.  Getting the right amount of some therapeutic substances by eating plant material can be tricky as different strains of a plant can contain different amounts of a compound and can become toxic if too much is eaten or of no therapeutic use if too little is eaten.  Death does solve all ailments I guess, but it is often not the solution people are looking for.  I read just recently about someone who died from eating too much parsley.  Cabbage is probably (or should I say obviously) quite safe.

I also listened a number of years back on a farming program on the radio where a sheep or cattle farmer was speaking about not using any animal remedies such as drenches etc but was maintaining certain plants in his fields that the animals would eat along with the grass.  His livestock were much healthier than farmers who used synthetic compounds for dealing with parasites and disease and he also had a substantial cost saving through not having to buy animal remedies and the time it takes to drench the animals.  He was trying to educate other farmers to do the same but they were very resistant to change and he just couldn't get through to them even though farmers seem to constantly be in financial strife.  There's no helping some people.

Even protecting plants from pests such as aphids and whitefly by natural means is an effective and cheap option and is something I am working on at the moment as part of a research project.  Because it is commercially sensitive I can't give any details but it is looking very promising and because it will protect vegetable crops that will make healthy fresh vegetables cheaper and more readily available to consumers here in New Zealand and high quality non-chemical contaminated produce for export.

Natural remedies and a healthy diet should always be the first option.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »
Ha ha

The research project has just been published in the Otago Daily Times

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/392081/artificial-webs-catch-25k-grant

I built the first electrospinning prototype about three years ago and that has been used extensively over that time for research and producing natural remedy fibre dressings for treating injuries and a variety of other ailments.  Moving on to coating plants with the fibre mesh was a normal progression of the project. 

These people I work with are the ones who get to hear the gospel message on a regular basis.  We even sat around in the tearoom for quite a while after work last night and I was explaining to a staff member from Bangladesh what Christianity really is and that just about all people who call themselves Christians are not Christians at all.  Quite a few staff are also from Europe where Catholicism dominates and so they get to hear what a load of rubbish Roman Catholicism is.  Although people are resistant to the gospel message they are keenly interested in knowing what is going to happen to them when they die and listening to the fact that they won't be able to pull out "Catholic card" and everything will be OK.  My main attack over the years has been on the fable of evolution but thanks to Chris' CreationLiberty teaching audios the opportunities for other subjects has grown a lot. Last night I was also explaining what real marriage is.

This scripture is so true though I have found.
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Anyway, none of this is about me, but just filling some of you in on what one of the members of your congregation does for a job and a bit about my role as a Christian in my workplace and my role as a Christian with regards to natural remedies. 
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 03:48:06 AM »
Ive had an incurable deadly condition since age 21. I wasnt supposed to live more than 2 years when i was diagnosed at the time, but as you can see Im still here at age 44, by H|IS grace!! Since my illness did not have a medical solution i was forced to search out alternative natural remedies. I found out that food is really essential to health. And so is enough rest/sleep. Juicing fruits and vegetables is a great way to get enough real nutrition. Its also vital to drink enough water. Apart water I used to drink liters of herbal teas. (Anything but green tea that has caffeine)
I treat my children with natural remedies as much as i can. herbal teas like cammomile and fennel for tummy ages and overall malaise. Herbal teas with honey for sore throat.
I put euculyptus ointment on their chest for coughing, and put cut onions next to their beds. My husband really got into hebral remedies and has made a lot of tinctures. He has made fever-formula's and f.e. stomach formulas with different herbs. We use lemon juice on their feet for fever reduction. Almond oil, calenduaxcream and oatmealbaths for skinproblems such as rashes, exzema. And we use coloidal silver, to treat infection orally and as cream for external use. My husband has been able to fight high bloodpressuere through herbs, diet and juices. Beetroot juice works very well and garlic works very well. We also use mushrooms, like shi-take, reishi for fighting illnesses. Overall I try to serve my famliy an abundabnce of fruits and vegetable every day. We strive to have  a sugarfree diet. We give our children almost only biological food, and avoid msg's, colorants, conservant, etc like the plague. We grow our own biological food in the garden every year when the whaeter allows (Holland is a clold and wet place)
There's much I could add to the list, hopefully this has been helpful so far. Praise the LORD for His goodness, He has given us so much in His creation we can use to get well and stay well!!!

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 05:10:34 AM »
Hi Masha

I noticed you mentioned high blood pressure in your posting.  The World Health Organization has constantly been feeding false information regarding high blood pressure and salt.  It is important NOT to reduce salt intake to the levels that they "recommend" as that low level is actually killing people. 

If you would like I can even hunt out the references in scientific journals that completely contradict the WHO.

Of interest, the population in the world that has the highest salt intake is the Japanese at the equivalent of 6 teaspoons a day and they also have the highest longevity.

Only reduce to low salt levels if you want to die an early death.

Kevin

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 05:41:36 AM »
Thank you so much for that bit of info, Kevin! I never knew that about salt. I've never had a problem with high blood pressure (mine has always been on the low side) but I've been told to cut down on salt because of fluid retention. I've cut down a little bit but as I love salt, I use quite a bit of it on my food, though maybe not as much as I would like. This is good news indeed that I can continue to eat as much as I crave.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 11:38:14 AM »
Hi kevin, thanks!
 I was aware of the salt-issue. we use seasalt, as some salts are artificially enriched and then are not very healthy.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
I use that Himalayan pink stuff. It naturally has all sorts of other minerals in it.

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 08:06:35 AM »
 Good discussion folks! I have been in the natural healing world for more than 10 years. It has been my professional position. This discussion is a really good one. Especially about the salt! People cut salt all the time and then wonder why they continue to be sick.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline smolemong

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 01:02:11 PM »
From what I have read "that Himalayan pink stuff" and sea salt are both good as they are not processed except for the process of mining and packaging. High BP is a major problem in my country and it is made worse by a number of factors such as that, in SA, the most readily available salt (cheapest too) is highly processed (very fine like little grains of sand) and iodated. Most shops don't even carry regular sea salt let alone Himalayan crystal salt, except in traditionally affluent areas. Where my family stays, in a semi-rural part of the country you have to travel about 40 minutes if you just want purified water. I don't know about the rest of the world but this side being healthy hits the pocket quite hard. I think that the reason some people take pills to treat their conditions is not necessarily because they want to but because the government gives those for "free" but healthy food is a whole other kettle of fish.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 06:16:22 PM »
I think that the reason some people take pills to treat their conditions is not necessarily because they want to but because the government gives those for "free" but healthy food is a whole other kettle of fish.

We have the same problem here in Australia. Organic anything is very expensive, as if prices here compared to the US aren't already through the roof.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 03:29:40 PM »
To Silindile,
Ive travelled to Namibia and have seen huge mountains of salt, that is taken from the ocean. Isnt it possible for you to get some of that for cheap in SA.
That salt should not have much garbage in it.

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 01:33:46 AM »
Hi All

Last week I was listening to a pharmacist and a chemist talking about the treatment for shingles (blistering and painful rash caused by reactivation of varicella zoster virus) and one was commenting to the other that anti-viral and retro-viral medicines are next to useless and definitely not the best choice.  The chemist was commenting that by far the best treatment is to apply minced garlic directly on to the skin lesions and to also eat garlic as both give excellent relief and greatly help with recovery.

I figure this might be of most interest to Tonya because Tonya works in the field of natural remedies but others might be interested in it too just in case you come across someone that is suffering from this viral infection.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 07:07:06 AM »
Guess it's a good thing that I've always been of the opinion that there's no such thing as too much garlic.  8)  ;)

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: -4
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
  • First Name: Eric
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 02:19:20 AM »
Replace all other refreshments with WATER: https://youtu.be/JsYNgHbhwaI

Be healthy my friends!  :)