Author Topic: Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)  (Read 2410 times)

Tristan David Smith

Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
« on: June 04, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »
In an email to Chris i made a confession of a realisation i had with regards to the nature of ADD/ADHD, and he suggested that it mayhaps would aid some amongst you my dearly beloved siblings, to illustrate this i will give a preface, a description of myself(given that i was put on ritalin(methylphenidat-hydrochl which is a stimulant and depressant combo, this is relevant when one carefully considers what i have to say) at seven after an ADD diagnosis), followed by a little reasoning.

Proverbs Chapter 6

16 These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Romans Chapter 1

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

2 Corinthians Chapter 10

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

so reading that you may have guessed as to its significance, what i allude to being that i will emphasize the parts relating to carnality, vanity and imaginations of the heart,

that is to say, i do not find reading history stimulating which is precisely what is described by the medical community as what is required to hold my attention(stimulation), which is true of everyone(in order for something to stimulate you, you must assign importance to it), but what is claimed is that i am incapable of placing my attention on something i find uninteresting and this is actually true but not for the reasons you might think, so essentially it is this, by walking in the imaginations of my heart and jumping from topic to topic to topic in search of stimulation until i find something to hyper-focus on, i have created a sortof catch 22, this is revealed only by how well ordered my mind becomes the longer i have been meditating on Gods' word and shunning worldly thoughts(that is fantasy),(backsliding)

another way of stating that is that adhd or more precisely that state of mind is self perpetuating, that is it creates its conditions once started, the reason you wont hear about an adult picking it up is because we get set in some particular paths when young(e.g automatically thinking of how to get your car out of the mud if you were driving across a shallow point in a river, instead of say seeking out a tractor to pull your car out, two slightly different mindsets to solving a problem, one tries to solve it with what he already has, the other with what he can get access to), by particular paths i mean thought paths, which are easy to fall back into, hence the warning to take heed lest you fall if you think you stand,

so essentially i take the position that the more rapid than average dopamine absorption(the physical aspect of ADD/ADHD) back into neurons which ritalin binds to(it binds to dopamine receptors) to inhibit the re-uptake(reabsorption of dopamine emitted) of dopamine and releases more dopamine essentially slowing down the thought processes forcing them to be normalised, but this doesnt address what causes the change, i reference the connection between your physical health and your mind, and what causes the change is walking in the imaginations of the heart, specifically fantasy, and the like which are not holy (take captive every thought to obedience unto Christ) and the result of this is ADHD which is the outward(its actually the same and is possible to oscillate/alternate between either though not easily) stimulation seeking, ADD the inward(vain imaginations of the heart) there is overlap between the two, but the point of this is that while it is exactly true that using "i have add" is really just making excuses, the way i would suggest in dealing with this instead of drugging people(as most seem to want to do), is specifically to rebuke them and exhort them regarding not following after worldly things(inclusive in this is fantasy), which is not coincidentally this;

2 Timothy Chapter 2

22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

because those who are this do actually oppose themselves (that is to say they are convinced in a catch 22 type scenario that ensnares them, when in actuality the bible does in fact already hold the solution which is arrived at by godly living, and such like as explained in the whole of the bible), lastly it should be mentioned that things which interest me are things i have been able to justify to myself in someway(mental gymnastics(i.e holding truth in unrighteousness) will be present here in others i know because i am a wicked sinner unworthy of the least of Gods' grace) that is to say if i dont have at least a basic understanding and actually believe something is important i wont be found to be able to concentrate on it(because in the depth of my heart i refuse to give mind to something i do not understand, and my rejection of it is a stubbornness of heart, whatever it happens to be), whether or not it is actually important is another story, 
it is my hope that this helps clarify some things, i am unsure as to when i will be able to checkup on this to see if mayhaps i have erred somewhere and have been rebuked such that i may be sound in the faith, but of how soon i am not sure(week is getting busy).

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 06:30:15 PM by Tristan David Smith »

Tristan David Smith

Re: Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 02:15:46 PM »
so what follows is my original message to chris, (i am grateful to you chris for forwarding this message back to me that i had sent you and deleted), i post this because i fear that i have twisted things, or not taken full responsibility, and this grieves me greatly, so i present this to you so that you may judge without an attempt by me to manipulate your judgement, so here it is;

I think i finally understand ADD/ADHD,

to elaborate i shall begin by giving background;

Proverbs Chapter 6

16 These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Romans Chapter 1

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

2 Corinthians Chapter 10

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

with that being said, in combination with my experience of being giving to fantasy, as well as stubbornness, i have concluded that adhd/add is infact a result of still drinking milk of the word, that is to say i am yet carnal, and as pride cometh before the fall, whensoever i thought i stood, i became vain and as a direct consequence of not taking heed of what i was doing, i fell, and this sort of wandering in the imaginations of my own wicked heart is referred to as adhd/add, it also occurs to me that this means the cloudiness of my thoughts and difficulties concentrating is a result of a wandering heart, and this physically manifests as adhd/add as a further proof, my thoughts are clear and my attention sharp when i meditate on Gods word, and any time i do not do so the fuzziness returns, essentially this makes logical sense(i take this position) because The Lord is the Truth the Way and the Life, for he is the author thereof, emphasis on truth, people are supposed to think logically, so obvious conclusion, but we also possess a lot of instinctual behaviours, and many of these are suitable for living the way the world does(and not thinking) therefore i finalise by concluding that my flesh is rebellious, my heart is vain and i must fast and pray to fervently so that my flesh is in submission as i have been backsliding, as it is written that we must confess our faults one to another so i do before you in the hope that i have judged myself righteously and not hypocritically, so i ask that if you judge me to be in error here, please tell me so that i may be sound in the faith.

P.S i left out a sentence at the end which was unrelated to the message.( salt as a cleaning agent).