Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Psychology: Hoodwinked by the Devil p29  (Read 852 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 455
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Psychology: Hoodwinked by the Devil p29
« on: December 27, 2021, 03:18:06 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 153
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Psychology: Hoodwinked by the Devil p29
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 11:42:21 PM »
I'm just listening to the latest teaching and I meant to bring it up one other time but forgot. 

A scrip isn't actually a note or some money but rather it is a bag.  I thought for ages it was a note too because I associated the word with 'scripture'.  Which makes me think that scripture was the documents in whatever form that they kept in their scrip.

1 Samuel 17:40 KJV
And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd’s bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 455
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 08:20:18 AM »
That's right. I had that in the wrong context. I'll have to correct that next time I talk about it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Micheal
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 01:11:54 PM »
If I recall correctly the founder of Psychology was a professing catholic and he hated the gospel of Christ. I was just wondering if anyone has been confronted with a " christian psychologist " discussing the ungodly origins of it and their excuses to try and justify themselves (?). The reason I mentioned that is because I personally have never had that discussion with someone.