Author Topic: (VIDEO) Repentance: Is It Part of Salvation? p4  (Read 2914 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(VIDEO) Repentance: Is It Part of Salvation? p4
« on: May 28, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
Re: (VIDEO) Repentance: Is It Part of Salvation? p4
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 05:50:34 AM »
I actually happened to be reading through exodus 13 last night with my wife before I listened to the teaching, and we came across the part where it said
Exodus 13:17-17 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt: But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.
I was thinking that this could be an instance where it meant change the course of action, my wife said they would see the war and grieve over it, I decided to look at noah webster's just to see if there were any clues or something and it actually had that verse under the change definition. Not to say that noah webster is my final authority but maybe repent in exodus 13 is a combination of the two? I can see it working both ways.
I'm also not saying I'm right, I could be totally wrong. Just thought I would bring that up.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:54:39 AM by ThomasHGW »
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 07:35:29 AM »
Seems like the Israelites were always 'repenting' when it came to leaving Egypt. Every time something went wrong or things got a little difficult for them (Egyptians chasing them, no food, no water, etc.) they were always complaining to Moses and asking him why he brought them out of Egypt where they were well fed (even though they were slaves and their lives were horrible) just to let them die in the wilderness.

So yeah, in that sense, they repented, in that they regretted ever leaving.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 09:07:42 AM »
It's regret; it was the grief and sorrow of war. The reason Americans may have trouble understanding that is because they've never had to face war on their own soil. If you ever have to end up living in a country that's actively facing war on their own lands, you'll understand the full meaning of "repent, and return."
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18